Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Johnstones like Macca in the sense he’s never in the box, tries way to many flicks and has a tendency to make incredibly rash tackles. Ohhh and he’s as slow as a week in jail. [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

Done a little digging on Luke Thomas and apparently Derby fans are shocked he’s being allowed to go on loan. Some reckon he’s their most exciting player barring Vydra and he’s full of confidence.

There’s others who don’t think he wants to go on loan in the first place and that it won’t happen.

I’d say this ones 50/50 tbh.

Man U fan on Twitter reckons Willock is better than McTominay... 

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

Johnstones like Macca in the sense he’s never in the box, tries way to many flicks and has a tendency to make incredibly rash tackles. Ohhh and he’s as slow as a week in jail. emoji23.png

All valid points.

Johnstones like Macca in the sense he’s never in the box, tries way to many flicks and has a tendency to make incredibly rash tackles. Ohhh and he’s as slow as a week in jail. [emoji23]

Johnstone is nowhere near the level of player that MacLean was for us in previous seasons. Not an adequate replacement at all. But he is like him in the way you describe!

13 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I hope so TRS. I’ve got Marcus Maddison type fear with this one.

Maddison was an absolute fucking dickhead who seemingly refused to play for our youth team before breaking into the top team. 

Williams suffered a bad injury, and it's probably the only reason a player with the background he has (international caps at 18) is joining us. It'll probably take him a month or two to settle, but I reckon he'll turn out class. TW is braw at getting the best out wingers, Alston aside. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Are you talking about the Derby player now?

I'm frazzled to f**k. Expect a post at 3 in the morning about us signing David McMillan from Derby. 

Saints will really be scraping the bottom of the barrel now if the manager is still focused on adding a winger and it's true Thomas isn't fussed on the move. Willock in his interview says the interest in him only came up a few days ago so he was hardly a major target. Williams has a decent pedigree at least.

Not nearly as bowled over as some fans seem to be by our business so far today.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

Saints will really be scraping the bottom of the barrel now if the manager is still focused on adding a winger and it's true Thomas isn't fussed on the move. Willock in his interview says the interest in him only came up a few days ago so he was hardly a major target. Williams has a decent pedigree at least.

Not nearly as bowled over as some fans seem to be by our business so far today.

Have to remember me, Widge and Kyle are all ardent FM players. These types of random EPL youths on loan generally rip the league apart on there. 

No more deals tonight but possible that we’ll bring in a freebie or two over the next few days, or certainly that’s what Robert Thomson has insinuated I think. I don’t think we’ve replaced the quality we’ve lost in wide areas unless George Williams turns out to be a real quality player. 

Still concerned about the play offs if I’m honest. Happy enough with the 3 new players we’ve signed but not the dam bursting window I was hoping for or I fear we need. 

Williams looks the type of player we definitely need, especially when he's going past nobodies like this
IMG_20180131_152038.jpg.7ce8c939e64520626cb23578f03b9912.jpg

Bit apprehensive Bale might have encouraged him to take up steroids to cope with the injury.