Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

I'm fairly sure that we once hosted a home game in the early afternoon (Ross County?) and then a Scotland rugby match in the evening.

Yep, Scotland's recording break 100 point win v Japan. Some day.

There's been loads of high profile rugby games at McDiarmid. From Grouse's point of view the hospitality facilities are  ideal so I expect their must be a reason it's not being used. 

2 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Yep, Scotland's recording break 100 point win v Japan. Some day.

There's been loads of high profile rugby games at McDiarmid. From Grouse's point of view the hospitality facilities are  ideal so I expect their must be a reason it's not being used. 

As I said, that's the date for the Betfred Cup Second round. The Rugby is scheduled to start at 2 as apparently they're having some events before and after. 

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

When you are happy to put mats down and let thousands trample on a three-week old grass pitch, objecting to a rugby game in August seems kind of after the horse has bolted.

I didn't know you could grow a grass pitch in 3 weeks but I'm no horticulturist so shall bow to your knowledge. :P

f**k famous grouse.

They proudly display the name of Perth on their bottles even though they fucked off out the city years back and took a fair few jobs with them.

They could invest in Saints as Perth's only professional proper sports team. Instead, they back a weegie team playing a minority sport most folk don't care about.  And all because their CEO/ Scottish area manager is probably some private school rugby loving hater of the game of the people.  And no doubt members of our local council who also enjoy drinking pints of their own urine will be complicit in the whole sordid affair. 

It deserves to fail. 

Spoiler

The netballers are more than welcome though.

Moving on, the South or North Inch would be brilliant for St Johnstone's stadium. City centres are where football stadia belong.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Reveal hidden contents

The netballers are more than welcome though.

Moving on, the South or North Inch would be brilliant for St Johnstone's stadium. City centres are where football stadia belong.

No expert in this but they're both flood plains are they not? - surely asking for trouble. 

I get the point you're making though. The shops and bars etc would like that idea too!

f**k famous grouse.
They proudly display the name of Perth on their bottles even though they fucked off out the city years back and took a fair few jobs with them.
They could invest in Saints as Perth's only professional proper sports team. Instead, they back a weegie team playing a minority sport most folk don't care about.  And all because their CEO/ Scottish area manager is probably some private school rugby loving hater of the game of the people.  And no doubt members of our local council who also enjoy drinking pints of their own urine will be complicit in the whole sordid affair. 
It deserves to fail. 
Spoiler The netballers are more than welcome though.

Your spot on with the Famous Grouse.
Shafted Perth big style, f**k them.

16 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

No expert in this but they're both flood plains are they not? - surely asking for trouble. 

I get the point you're making though. The shops and bars etc would like that idea too!

Im sure they could sort the drainage these days, and the North Inch has flood banking now, but yes both were traditionally flood plains.

It was more the involving the city centre in Saints games I was aiming for, other suitable sites would be considered!

On 14/05/2018 at 11:05, RandomGuy. said:

Praise the Lord for corrupt Italians. 

Give me Jason Naismith, Greg Tansey, Matty Willock, George Williams and Alex Schalk and ill be a happy man. I don't ask much. 

Greg Tansey free to leave Aberdeen. I usually predict one signing right every Summer, so here we go. 

Im sure they could sort the drainage these days, and the North Inch has flood banking now, but yes both were traditionally flood plains.
It was more the involving the city centre in Saints games I was aiming for, other suitable sites would be considered!

There’s a huge bit of land by the railway line which would be good. Apparently it’s contaminated land though...I say f**k it, how bad can it be?

On another note - who went to the big weekend? I have a two day hangover and I’m burnt to a crisp.

I make it that every club in last season's Premiership (plus St Mirren) have now paid a fee for a player in the past 12 months, except one...

We haven't paid one since the summer of 2009? Certainly not for a first team player? There's been the odd pennies for an U20 player IIRC.

You can never be too careful when you only have £2 million in the bank.

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

I make it that every club in last season's Premiership (plus St Mirren) have now paid a fee for a player in the past 12 months, except one...

We haven't paid one since the summer of 2009? Certainly not for a first team player? There's been the odd pennies for an U20 player IIRC.

You can never be too careful when you only have £2 million in the bank.

John Sutton was a fee? Paid Motherwell to get him early, although you'd doubt it was anything notable. 

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

Are you being serious?

Well it's technically the correct answer. We paid Motherwell a fee to get Sutton in before the European ties.

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Quite. We offered him an extension at the end of that season.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/06/02/squad-update-june-2015/

He was released from his contract a few weeks early. 

As I say, it's barely noticeable, but im certain it was reported we gave Motherwell "compensation" to end his contract.