Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 hours ago, The Marly said:
7 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
Spoony can play RB remember. Played there for Hibs quite a few times and also reverted to RB on a few occasions for us too.

Was going to post this. Looked very comfortable there at Pittodrie in the game we won to qualify for Europe in 2015.

And Craig played half a season at left back for us a few years back also.

Not ideal but wouldn't let us down.

We can't go through a season with Wotherspoon and Craig as our back up full backs.

I'll be disappointed if we dont sign at least a left back to provide cover. Wont blame them if we cant replace Foster though, it's not something that could've been anticipated and planned for.

Edited by RandomGuy.

We can't go through a season with Wotherspoon and Craig as our back up full backs.
I'll be disappointed if we dont sign at least a left back to provide cover. Wont blame them if we cant replace Foster though, it's not something that could've been anticipated and planned for.
Use Foster as part of a deal to get May and then sign Jason Naismith as a replacement as well as May. Kleenex sales would go through the roof Perth!

4 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Callum Hendry, Ross Callaghan x 2 and John Robertson hat-trick for the reserves today. Brace yourself for cries of them to start on the banter page.

Wotherspoon played 45 minutes too.

If we got a clean sheet we can also consider playing that back 4 😂

Absolutely clueless about how genuine it is, but a Saints fan twitter account saying May is due at McDiarmid on Wednesday.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely clueless about how genuine it is, but a Saints fan twitter account saying May is due at McDiarmid on Wednesday.

Not convinced that Twitter account is likely to be breaking exclusive news. 

Although if he doesn't end up in Perth I reckon he'll end up somewhere before the deadline. He was left out of the Aberdeen squad again at the weekend and wasn't with the squad either to cover for any last minute injuries etc. Presume hes been told hes to find another club.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I'm thinking with the difference in the way that Callachan and Anderson/McMillan are being treated, that the former will probably just go out on loan. Suspect he's more a victim of needing to free up funds than really not being wanted. 

Surely there will be Championship teams interested in him but I guess it'll come down to how much of his wages they are prepared to cover. I guess that'll be the key issue for Saints rather than any sort of guarantee he'll play that you'd be looking for with a young prospect like McLean for example.

7 hours ago, Radford said:

I'm thinking with the difference in the way that Callachan and Anderson/McMillan are being treated, that the former will probably just go out on loan. Suspect he's more a victim of needing to free up funds than really not being wanted. 

Surely there will be Championship teams interested in him but I guess it'll come down to how much of his wages they are prepared to cover. I guess that'll be the key issue for Saints rather than any sort of guarantee he'll play that you'd be looking for with a young prospect like McLean for example.

A Dunfermline fan account a few days ago said theyd be signing Callachan on loan, but their fans seem to reckon theres nothing in it as theyve got hundreds of CMs already.

Some useless, pointless info for you all there.

21 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Think we can put the ‘Tommy Wright is frustrated, wouldn’t surprise me if he walked,’ comments on the back-burner for a while. 

His comments this morning are about as positive as I can remember from him. A ray of sunshine. 

Says to me that something has changed his Friday. Might be as simple as the performance on Saturday was much more what he'd expect from the team. I'm hoping its because we've made significant progress with signings and Steve will be in today to rubber stamp them all ahead of Thursday's shouting session.

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pure gut feeling, but I dont think our next signing will be May.

From a level-headed, neutral point of view, there has literally been nothing more inevitable or likely for weeks than May joining St J before the window closes so I think you can cool your jets on that one. Whether he will be your next signing is another matter.