Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Mentioned in the Courier today that players are still being paid full wages, and the club are "looking into the furlough scheme".

New contracts/new signings, further decision on wages, seemingly on hold until the league make a decision on what's happening to this season and the prize money etc., as the budget for next season still needs worked out based on that.

Wonder what will happen with the Northern Ireland situation? Presumably Michael O'Neil's managed there for the last time, so like the Republic they'll be looking to bring in a replacement now?

Edited by Mr Heliums

37 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Wonder what will happen with the Northern Ireland situation? Presumably Michael O'Neil's managed there for the last time, so like the Republic they'll be looking to bring in a replacement now?

No idea. 

ROI seemingly already had contracts agreed with Stephen Kenny, which is why hes now taken over. I dare say NI havent got an agreement with O'Neils replacement so wont need to replace him just now.

On 07/04/2020 at 08:49, akuram said:

Ok will try that but strange it is the same on the laptop which is Windows and the i-pad is Apple.

Just to say, for anyone who has had this issue, it has been resolved. The site had moved entirely to a secure server but the login forms were still pointing to an insecure page. That's been fixed and you shouldn't have a problem any more.

That announcement above is what's wrong with Saints communications. Announce an unexciting way to support the club in a drab manner – and then leave the details of how to actually contribute to another time – presumably when people will need to be reminded what it's for.

Just announce season tickets with a disclaimer and let the fans help now. I'm in the mood to buy just to help the club's finances. But I can't.

Edited by Mr Heliums

49 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

That announcement above is what's wrong with Saints communications. Announce an unexciting way to support the club in a drab manner – and then leave the details of how to actually contribute to another time – presumably when people will need to be reminded what it's for.

Just announce season tickets with a disclaimer and let the fans help now. I'm in the mood to buy just to help the club's finances. But I can't.

Since when has it been about the fans?

"We'll take your fucking money when I'm ready"  says wee Broon as he walks away muttering. 

IMO Saints should have a direct debit scheme set up to allow fans to pay a set amount on a monthly basis. It will allow fans who live away from Perth or who can’t make it every Saturday to give some money to the club. I’m sure many current season ticket holders would sign up as well. This is the kind of thing a lot of other clubs do pretty successfully in the division and would be a pretty decent predictable revenue stream. Maybe Saints already do it but it’s not marketed well?

I’m not sure if the above announcement is along these lines? It seems maybe like a one off donation?

I'm sure I've read before St Johnstone make money from a crematorium and wakes etc.. is this true? 

If it is true, will this see your club hit harder than most during this time? 

(This all popped into my head whilst burning bread in the toaster. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'm sure I've read before St Johnstone make money from a crematorium and wakes etc.. is this true? 

If it is true, will this see your club hit harder than most during this time? 

(This all popped into my head whilst burning bread in the toaster. :lol:

McDiarmid Park hosts receptions quite a lot, as the crematorium is just across the road really and the other alternative (Huntingtower hotel) is absolutely awful at it (that's sadly from experience of both).

Have to imagine itll be a fair whack of income being lost, but at the same time the stadium is completely shut and all staff are on the furlough scheme, so outgoings will be pretty small, and we always have the "rainy day fund" there.

We're sound enough that the club are paying everyone full wages this month, and havent reached the point of having to ask for donations to run the actual club yet.

On 09/04/2020 at 12:03, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

IMO Saints should have a direct debit scheme set up to allow fans to pay a set amount on a monthly basis. It will allow fans who live away from Perth or who can’t make it every Saturday to give some money to the club. I’m sure many current season ticket holders would sign up as well. This is the kind of thing a lot of other clubs do pretty successfully in the division and would be a pretty decent predictable revenue stream. Maybe Saints already do it but it’s not marketed well?

I’m not sure if the above announcement is along these lines? It seems maybe like a one off donation?

I wish theyd set up with the DonateATicket crew.

Every week you go in and buy a ticket online, for the actual ticket price, and the money goes to the club.

A really simple way of continuing to give some income, no matter how small, to the club.

I wish theyd set up with the DonateATicket crew.
Every week you go in and buy a ticket online, for the actual ticket price, and the money goes to the club.
A really simple way of continuing to give some income, no matter how small, to the club.
I'd be all for that.