Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Off pop and dry your eyes princess 

Who would have thought you trying to dress like a futba casual covering your face at Forty nine years old would catch on. You're a trend setter Langy, you've got the whole world daein it! 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200706-171100_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bab92fe5ec5755554ee89f3a8d67a1c6.jpg

As Kyle has said, I don't really see how that contradicts anything he said in the BBC interview. Also, I don't think his reasons for leaving have been particularly disguised over the past few months. Even in his final SaintsTV interview, it was quite easy to read between the lines and conclude that there was more to it than the reasons he vocalised. He hasn't lied. He has refrained from stating all of the facts, presumably because he is a respectful man who cares about the club's reputation, and presumably because he has been asked not to.

Tommy Wright plays the media better than any manager in Scottish football.

Its a cracking interview and he's a sly old dog but you've got to admire the way he works.  You just know if he returns as the manager of an Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell, Kilmarnock etc, the media will be fawning over his every word.

Hes cleverly done this interview now to put himself in the shop window for the first reasonable sized club that bins their manager this season.  Pretending he doesn't know the exact date he's allowed to start managing though.. Aye good one Tam!

He does manage to get the point across that it's all Kirsten robertsons fault. He could have insisted there were no questions along those lines before agreeing to the interview, as that was his deal with Saints who had generously released him from his contract foregoing any potential compensation.  But he makes sure that there's no doubt in the way he answers everything else at great length then emphasises he can't talk about her. Bit disappointed in him for this, it's undermining things at Saints to an extent, and if things don't start well he's planted the seed of unrest for some of the drama lovers amongst our support. 

I wondered if he did leave a wee hint that maybe there's some role in the Northern Ireland set up, saying he has a meeting with the guy who interviewed him for the top job next week. Would he work with the u21s just to position himself to take over when Barraclough leaves? Could possibly do it part time along with a club job. He was big in his praise of Ali McCann.

Interesting to hear Drey Wright hailed as technically one of the best players he's worked with here.

When you listen to him talk you have to remind yourself he's not out manager anymore.  Scottish football is definitely the poorer for him not being involved.

But it's all about Callum now.  Looking forward to a new era, hoping Callum can push us on back up the league playing some silky football, not the dire turgid hoofball that we've had to suffer these past few years 😃

23 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

But it's all about Callum now. 

That's it. Yesterday was a nice bit of closure with a bit more depth about his departure. He's walked out on this young squad. He's entitled to do that but he's moved on so we should do the same. No man is bigger than the club. 

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but just because he couldn't get on with KR doesn't mean she's doing the wrong things. The acid test of that though will be these next few weeks. This isn't January, we don't need to get players off the books. Part of her job is to deliver the players the new manager wants and she'll be judged on that alone.  

Shame the club have started recording every training session, and having regular interviews with players, as you used to get excited when you saw the media folk heading into the stadium during pre-season.

52 minutes ago, Center half said:

An Ex players son? 

43 minutes ago, Radford said:

Always wanted to see Aidan Connolly in a Saints shirt. 

RG goes full RG and makes his shout.

Spoiler

16944810-0-image-a-103_1565085760784.thumb.jpg.5987212a9990fbf716b0165032bc9256.jpg

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

RG goes full RG and makes his shout.

Reveal hidden contents

16944810-0-image-a-103_1565085760784.thumb.jpg.5987212a9990fbf716b0165032bc9256.jpg

Didn't say anything about being an ex-St Johnstone players....

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shame the club have started recording every training session, and having regular interviews with players, as you used to get excited when you saw the media folk heading into the stadium during pre-season.

Gary and one of the volunteers (Lewis who is of school now for the summer) are doing a great job. They are in most days to provide as much coverage as possible, with as little people as possible being involved. That will probably be the way going forward this season giving value to the Saints TV subscribers. 

22 hours ago, Radford said:

We won 2-1, John Inglis and Stevie Maskrey scored quite early on. Think United still had a 100% home record at the end of October and were top of the league. My first away game. 

Came in that five-game spell where we beat Aberdeen 5-0, also won at Tynecastle and drew with both halves of Old Firm. 

I hate love to do this, but we beat Celtic 3-2.

35 minutes ago, Radford said:

The 3-2 win over Celtic was at Xmas. The five-game run was a 0-0 draw at Parkhead.

Sorry Not Sorry School GIF

I didn’t get there until half time. Roads closed for some reason.  Flooding or burst pipes I think. 

1 hour ago, Bose said:

I didn’t get there until half time. Roads closed for some reason.  Flooding or burst pipes I think. 

My worst one was getting a bus out from Glasgow to Motherwell which stopped EVERYWHERE. By the time I got into the game we were 3-0 down, I think it was the game Steve Kirk missed from all of a yard out.

2 hours ago, Johnstoun said:

My worst one was getting a bus out from Glasgow to Motherwell which stopped EVERYWHERE. By the time I got into the game we were 3-0 down, I think it was the game Steve Kirk missed from all of a yard out.

Wasn't that the one where David Cooper ragdolled the Saints defence?  I remember a  Saints supporter walking round the terracing on his way out the ground yelling at Don McVicar and telling him to stay in Dundee the next week, and McVicar screaming  dogs abuse back at the guy as the match was going on.  If that was the game, I think it was our first away match back in the premier league.

Prior to that 5-0 humping we gave Aberdeen, we'd been in really bad form since the start of the season.  Not sure if we'd won a match? That's what made that run even more incredible against the 5 top teams in the country, the fact that we'd been getting bad results against the poorer teams in the division up until then.

We didn't have a great start but we'd beaten Dunfermline 3-2 at home a couple of weeks before the Aberdeen game. Very inauspicious start though, including Clyde knocking us out of the Skol Cup at McDiarmid. 

In typical fashion, after those 5 great results, we lost at home to St Mirren before going on another good run of 5 wins and 2 draws from 8 games. 

For all the season is looked back on fondly, it fair flopped in the new year, we only beat St Mirren in the final 16 games but the cup wins over Hibs and Ayr kind of papered over the cracks. 

But for three months in late 1990, we were probably the best team in Scotland. 

So if I’ve read the terms and FAQs correctly on the saints website, any game shown on Sky wont be available to saints TV and presumably not available to those who’ve bought a season ticket? Doesn’t bother me, I’ll find a stream, unless others have read it differently.

Do you think foreign Saints TV subscribers will still be able to watch?

So if I’ve read the terms and FAQs correctly on the saints website, any game shown on Sky wont be available to saints TV and presumably not available to those who’ve bought a season ticket? Doesn’t bother me, I’ll find a stream, unless others have read it differently.

8 minutes ago, Widge said:

I've not read Saints terms & FAQs but I did read the SPFL rules earlier and home games on Sky should be available to ST holders.

Around page 101 here.

Edited by capt_oats