Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I've not read Saints terms & FAQs but I did read the SPFL rules earlier and home games on Sky should be available to ST holders.

Around page 101 here.

Screenshot_20200707-160203_Chrome.thumb.jpg.705bef6e4278bbc44923116c8c86feb8.jpg

Maybe it just means that you’ll get Sky coverage as part of it, I dunno, but given the first saints home match is on Sky you’re probably into people moaning. Like I say I don’t have Sky and will just find a stream, but it’s not ideal.

14 minutes ago, Widge said:

Maybe it just means that you’ll get Sky coverage as part of it, I dunno, but given the first saints home match is on Sky you’re probably into people moaning. Like I say I don’t have Sky and will just find a stream, but it’s not ideal.

There's been a ton of confusion about it. Iain Blair went on Sportsound and had to be corrected when he claimed clubs couldn't broadcast their home games that are live on Sky.

Clubs like Motherwell, Killie, St Mirren, Celtic and a few others have confirmed that all home games will be available to ST holders for the duration of the behind closed doors/restricted capacity and the updated SPFL rules back that up.

Accies have posted that their game against Rangers on Sky won't be available to UK viewers - but they're not doing STs which is presumably the issue there.

Edited by capt_oats

We didn't have a great start but we'd beaten Dunfermline 3-2 at home a couple of weeks before the Aberdeen game. Very inauspicious start though, including Clyde knocking us out of the Skol Cup at McDiarmid. 
In typical fashion, after those 5 great results, we lost at home to St Mirren before going on another good run of 5 wins and 2 draws from 8 games. 
For all the season is looked back on fondly, it fair flopped in the new year, we only beat St Mirren in the final 16 games but the cup wins over Hibs and Ayr kind of papered over the cracks. 
But for three months in late 1990, we were probably the best team in Scotland. 
The decision to scrap relegation at the end of the season didn't do Saints any favours.

Must admit I'll be moaning like f**k if I can't watch our opening two home matches after spending £320 on a season ticket which, let's be honest, could end up being worth f**k all as we've no idea how many matches we'll get into this season.

A second spike of covid 19 at the start of the winter and we might well be looking at spring next year before we get into matches worst case scenario.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Must admit I'll be moaning like f**k if I can't watch our opening two home matches after spending £320 on a season ticket which, let's be honest, could end up being worth f**k all as we've no idea how many matches we'll get into this season.

A second spike of covid 19 at the start of the winter and we might well be looking at spring next year before we get into matches worst case scenario.

I've renewed the ST and also kept the Saints TV sub going, fully expecting to be paying twice for the same service. For the Sky situation I'd read that there would be a code for ST holders to access the game which seems both fair and easy to do. Given our level of season ticket sales the lost revenue to Sky would be inconsequential. 

I'd much rather have the Sky coverage than the St TV coverage if it comes to that. Otherwise it's biting the bullet and forking out for a Sky day pass at a tenner a pop (or a stream). 

7 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

Would be good if the clubs could agree reciprocal agreements for away games, but understand that could be complicated.

Hamilton are making every game PPV, and I'm not sure how they could regulate between home and away fans, so that's potentially one away game we can watch.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hamilton are making every game PPV, and I'm not sure how they could regulate between home and away fans, so that's potentially one away game we can watch.

I think I’d be OK with PPV for all bar two aways!

10 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Another day down, no signings and still no kit.  Why are we always last to bring out new kits ? 

I didnt say anything before because it's a bit vague...I was told at the weekend that we were close to making a signing and that it was hoped that it would be sorted out this week..The person that told me did not know much more than that apart from that it probably could be a loan deal.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

I'm seriously tempted by a season-ticket now. I haven't had one since the 2009-2010 season. Thesedays I just can't be bothered travelling through to Perth, especially now I work there 5 days a week (in theory, yay COVID). Yeah I have access to Sky but its always Aberdeen or Celtic when the cameras are at McDiarmid. It'd be interesting to know if we've ever had a St Johnstone V Hamilton game on TV for example. 

If its offered on a pvp basis for away games that's something I'd be very happy about. Hats off to fans in Scottish Football who make the trip every 2 weeks but I've always found the idea of an "away day" more appealing than the reality. Other than the 2 Dundee clubs I don't think I've been to a saints away game (in the league) since Falkirk back when they were in the Premiership!

4 hours ago, Doctor said:

I'm seriously tempted by a season-ticket now. I haven't had one since the 2009-2010 season. Thesedays I just can't be bothered travelling through to Perth, especially now I work there 5 days a week (in theory, yay COVID). Yeah I have access to Sky but its always Aberdeen or Celtic when the cameras are at McDiarmid. It'd be interesting to know if we've ever had a St Johnstone V Hamilton game on TV for example. 

If its offered on a pvp basis for away games that's something I'd be very happy about. Hats off to fans in Scottish Football who make the trip every 2 weeks but I've always found the idea of an "away day" more appealing than the reality. Other than the 2 Dundee clubs I don't think I've been to a saints away game (in the league) since Falkirk back when they were in the Premiership!

Well Doc you really need to be getting yourself along to away trips at Easter Road or Tynecastle next time we can, usually superb days out!

As much as I think hearts are getting pretty much what they deserve, and have no sympathy for their fans, away days at Tynecastle are a big loss to the fixture calendar for me personally.

If the spfl were to re-instate hearts to the top division and demote st Mirren to the championship, then I think that's something most people in Scottish football would be supportive of.

In terms of tv fixtures, we've had one or two matches v Dundee televised over the past 5 years, think they're probably the diddiest opponent we've been shown live on tv against if you don't include cup ties.  Can't think of any others of the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, Super_J said:

How many season ticket holders did we have last season can someone remind me please?

At the ST holders open forum the day we signed Stevie May I think Steve Broon said it was about 1650, which was very slightly up on the previous season.

5 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Another day down, no signings and still no kit.  Why are we always last to bring out new kits ? 

Thought the club announced the other day that there would be no new kit this season as we still have some stock left of last season's.  

Quite happy, personally, I really liked last season's strip.

5 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Another day down, no signings.

Motherwell are apparently on the verge of paying six figures for a striker, if that makes you feel better...