Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

I completely ignored the existence of Drey Wright so aye that’s fair. I guess one thing is that we’ve not really seen the 3-4-3 with Phillips and MacPherson but I’m still not particularly sold on it. 

I feel like, of all the midfield combinations we could have, Phillips/MacPherson is the only one that could come close to making it work.

You probably still struggle for control in there though. 

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

I'm not being totally serious. There's obviously a good player there. History shows us that but the issue is can Davidson get it out of him. He's not managed so far so how long has he got before Davidson puts the blame on the player himself.

Aye its a hard one to predict. Thought Crawford was unassailable at one point then all of a sudden hes away, so Summer could be interesting if Careys told hes not first choice.

Just now, The Marly said:

If we're going one up front on Saturday then I'd rather it was Rudden.  I love Stevie May but he's not a lone striker. 

If we drop Stevie May to accommodate a ridiculous system that we know doesn’t work then that should be a sackable offence in and of itself.

Our best performances recently, or parts of performances, have been with a back 4 and with 2 upfront.

Davidson persisting with back 3s and a lone striker is just yet more proof he's not got a clue.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Predictably pish or Davidson likely to throw some cash money our way for him?

Both.

I suspect people are liking him playing for us because the only comparison is Theo Bair, who struggles to even touch the ball when he plays and gets smaller when he jumps, while Rudden gets stuck in.

For me Ruddens not shown anything so far but again, i missed our last game.

Edited by RandomGuy.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Zak Rudden doing for you lads? Predictably pish or Davidson likely to throw some cash money our way for him?

I've seen worse. 

His first start we ended up with 10 men after about 6 seconds so a difficult one. 

Has done fine when coming off the bench. Tried to impact the game. Scores a good header. He's already scored as many as Theo Bair who's had 2 seasons to reach the same total 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

How's Zak Rudden doing for you lads? Predictably pish or Davidson likely to throw some cash money our way for him?

I've got to the point were the only comment I can make is that I hope we keep just so that we can play him and Kane up front, becaause it would be mildly amusing.

Particularly in the early rounds of the cup at clubs that use those AI cameras that mistake bald heads for footballs.

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Didn’t expect that statement…

Should've named and shamed the fan, IMO.

Although the probably cant do that legally for reasons.

Was it noticeable at the time or anything? Never seen any mention of it anywhere when trying to read opinions of the match.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Should've named and shamed the fan, IMO.

Although the probably cant do that legally for reasons.

Was it noticeable at the time or anything? Never seen any mention of it anywhere when trying to read opinions of the match.

Not something I was aware of anyway and haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere either. Excellent stuff from the club though - as mizfit says hopefully it’s passed onto the authorities.