Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Guess it’s a small thing given everything else — and tbh I’ve not made the effort to watch us much recently — but I really hate how whiney the manager is. It’s always someone else’s fault: the ref, players not following his instructions, that former head of recruitment guy, VAR, Eetu Vertainen and now the pitch. Take some responsibility FFS

19 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Talking of the pitch is it not time for change in that department?

Yeah.

Issue then arises in that you're looking to replace the owner, the board, the manager, a lot of the players, the groundstaff, the media team, the list is endless. It really feels like a revolving door moment for the club in that we as fans are essentially asking for a totally clean slate and who knows how that would turn out. 

26 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Guess it’s a small thing given everything else — and tbh I’ve not made the effort to watch us much recently — but I really hate how whiney the manager is. It’s always someone else’s fault: the ref, players not following his instructions, that former head of recruitment guy, VAR, Eetu Vertainen and now the pitch. Take some responsibility FFS

One of my pet peeves with him too. I find him a really dislikeable and not very endearing person which is what started me on the path to wanting him away sooner than I think most did.

More than happy to shite on his players/staff/the pitch from a great height, as long as his reputation doesn't suffer. 

I always felt he was doing this to preserve his own reputation so that he'd be more attractive to which ever low end League one team in England would take him. Probably was the case but he's done such a terrible job the last 2 years, he can't really escape that now.

Edited by Kyle

I was at Murray Davidson's testimonial lunch a couple of weeks back. 

Tommy Wright, Chris Millar and Dave Mackay were the speakers. (Danny Swanson and Wotherspoon were also there in support to Muzz).

They done a Q and A for 90 mins. It was superb and some of the stories/insights were brilliant.

Tommy Wright still holds that charisma about him and his insight into man management was fascinating. You get the impression his players would have gone to war for him... 

Seeing that car crash of this season, CD clearly does not have that same skill and players are clearly not playing for him. 

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. His fucking response to folk paying £108 per home win - try and get to some more away matches? 

f**k him. f**k Davidson. f**k off. 

Aye that was a fucking belter.

22 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Genuine why don’t homeless people just buy a house vibes about it. Got myself that wound up over it, had to stop reading. 

condescending knob he is.  such a tory response should be expected from someone who works for the s*n

47 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I had no idea he was doing this, no wonder you want shot. Surely this is gross misconduct?

Hes been at it for a long time.

Poor performance - "players didnt follow my instructions"

Poor home form - "pitch means we cant play well"

Poor season - "clubs like St Johnstone have no divine right to be in the top flight"

Poor tactics - "clubs like St Johnstone cant play a back 4 regularly"

Its just been years of utter bullshit, and that's ignoring the monthly lies about being more flexible with how he sets us up that have appeared since criticism of his back 5 obsession became prominent.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Can someone please throw Steve Bright off the internet? 

I see hes found an ally on FB.

Apparently the club giving 3 stands to Rangers is whats derailed our season and without that happening we'd be top half.

Last season was the boards fault too for not backing him in the transfer market.