Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Hope so. What can we expect from him? 

Didn't get many opportunities for Saints but he seemed still able to beat a man cutting inside on his right. We has Connor Mcleannan last season on loan from Aberdeen and McLennan in my opinion was nowhere near the level of Murphy. 

Probably doesn't have the pace he did in his younger years but didn't seem to have totally lost his legs either. 

We were awful in the League Cup group stage last season but he was probably by far and away our best performer. Scored a couple and looked like he was going to be a main man after being about the only one who turned up against Queen of the South. 

He came across as quite a quiet guy but clearly cared. He gave an interview after yet another defeat last season where he was evidently quite upset about it. 

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Didn't get many opportunities for Saints but he seemed still able to beat a man cutting inside on his right. We has Connor Mcleannan last season on loan from Aberdeen and McLennan in my opinion was nowhere near the level of Murphy. 

Probably doesn't have the pace he did in his younger years but didn't seem to have totally lost his legs either. 

We were awful in the League Cup group stage last season but he was probably by far and away our best performer. Scored a couple and looked like he was going to be a main man after being about the only one who turned up against Queen of the South. 

He came across as quite a quiet guy but clearly cared. He gave an interview after yet another defeat last season where he was evidently quite upset about it. 

Cheers. There's always a bit of trepidation signing a winger on the wrong side of 30, but by the sounds of it he's a good bottom six squad player so he should be handy enough for us. 

Happy enough with Brown signing on again as a right back since he’s solid and was actually looking like contributing higher up the pitch, albeit he still needs to work on that. Guess he also gives emergency cover at left back too. Still need another left back as you’d assume Wright and McGowan are right back cover. 

Goalkeepers 

Ross Sinclair - 2024 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Liam Gordon - 2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Midfielders/wingers

Drey Wright - 2024

Max Kucheriavyi - 2025

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024 

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

Alex Ferguson - 2025 

Graham Carey - 2024

Attackers

Stevie May - 2025

Nicky Clark - 2025

Chris Kane - January 2024  

Theo Bair - 2024 - available for transfer 

Taylor Steven - 2024

Loans ended 

Remi Matthews

Alex Mitchell 

Adam Montgomery 

Connor McLennan 

Zak Rudden

Released/retired

Elliot Parish

Bobby Dailly

David Wotherspoon 

Spencer Moreland 

William Sandford

Murray Davidson

Charlie Gilmour

Michael O’Halloran 

Jamie Murphy

Eetu Vertainen

Out of contract

Melker Hallberg

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Charlie Gilmour any good?  He's just signed for The Caley.

Never got much of a chance with us. Always thought he looked a wee bit immobile but maybe its just the way he moves around the pitch. 

loves an injury so there is that 

Just now, John Bonham said:

Never got much of a chance with us. Always thought he looked a wee bit immobile but maybe its just the way he moves around the pitch. 

loves an injury so there is that 

Cheers Bonzo.  The Caley deal exclusively in young guys with no dependents and permacrocks to he ticks both boxes!

Just now, TheScarf said:

Cheers Bonzo.  The Caley deal exclusively in young guys with no dependents and permacrocks to he ticks both boxes!

😂 Tbf with a run of games I think he will be a solid defensive midfielder. Just dont expect fireworks :)

58 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Cove fans seemed to like him. Personally I didn think he was good enough but....

Like others have said he struggled for opportunities and when he did he didn't exactly take them BUT those opportunities weren't always the easiest. 

Davidson chucked him in at right wing back in a couple of the group games last year. Like others have said he's not the most mobile, if I'm honest it was a ridiculous thing to do playing him there. 

If I remember rightly he got chucked in for a very rare start away at Tynecastle in midfield as well and struggled. Unfair on him as well though as it was one of those where he knew unless he impressed immediately he'd be subbed off at half time (as that's what Davidson was like) and would need to wait months again for the next chance. Now sure how many players can play without fear in that situation?!

Probably similar to Wallace Duffy, at the time he wasn't up to it Saints but who knows in the future.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Apparently an extra year on Browns deal if he reaches a set amount of appearances, so would guess theres a high chance this is actually a 2yr deal.

On 18/06/2023 at 18:03, THE FAT MAN said:

Have it on good authority that Dundee are paying Tiffoney 3+grand 

You also had it on good authority Kevin Thomson over £5k a week, didn't you?

I think you need looked after by the local authority, tbh.

9 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You also had it on good authority Kevin Thomson over £5k a week, didn't you?

I think you need looked after by the local authority, tbh.

Of course though, Dundee are famed for their financial prudence. 🙄 

Anyhow, fair play to Gilmour on getting a 2 year contract. Getting to 24 years old and never really played first team football and to secure 2 years is some going. Honestly couldn't tell you if he is any good or not as never really given much if a chance at Saints.

On Brown, not unhappy that he has stayed on. A pretty safe option for club and player.

On the basis Hallberg is away, there is a reasonably solid base of a squad for Macca to build on. Clearly gaps in defence, but if he can do as he says he wants to do and add some quality over quantity, then I'd be happy.

Guys like Phillips, Max and MacPherson, you'd hope, will be better than last season and with Clark hopefully getting fit, we have options up front. 

We never really got to see Gilmour at full match fitness I guess but then that in itself was something he probably always would have struggled to attain.

I always thought he looked a yard off it whenever he played.

But if you liked Brad McKay and/or Wallace Duffy, then you'll probably like this guy.