Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Defence is a worry and *puts on tin helmet* so is Max a bit. Really think we need him to be far braver in terms of taking control of midfield. 

Carey's form last season wasn't great and Wright looked much more effective at wing back too. 

Essentially, there are green shoots but the team does still look a bit of a mess. 

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Carey's form last season wasn't great and Wright looked much more effective at wing back too. 

Essentially, there are green shoots but the team does still look a bit of a mess. 

Aye it feels like the team is kind of in suspense and waiting to see what comes in.

Signings good and improve us then you can see the likes of Gordon, Wright, and the younger ones, looking better. Signings poor and/or struggle early on and we probably see these players struggle too.

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

Am I being a bit daft thinking that the delay in this announcement is because we want to do two at once?

Starting to think that’s the plan yes.

That’s not a very good looking team imo. There’s question marks in every position. The fact we are happy to have James Brown as our right back says a lot to be honest. He’s fine as a squad filler type, you need those, but he shouldn’t be starting. He would be in our best eleven as it stands though and don’t imagine it’s a position we’ll be strengthening this window given all the other issues to address. 

13 minutes ago, Costanza said:

That’s not a very good looking team imo. There’s question marks in every position. The fact we are happy to have James Brown as our right back says a lot to be honest. He’s fine as a squad filler type, you need those, but he shouldn’t be starting. He would be in our best eleven as it stands though and don’t imagine it’s a position we’ll be strengthening this window given all the other issues to address. 

I didn't say this was my dream saints team but, okay then, lay out your XI...

Edited by 1985Saint

19 minutes ago, 1985Saint said:

I didn't say this was my dream saints team but, okay then, lay out your XI...

That’s exactly my point. My eleven would be identical to yours. It’s not a good enough eleven. Little other option though. 

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Starting to wonder this myself. Definitely giving off a whiff of Stevie May 2019 right now.

Sure deluxe stated it’s all signed. I’m hoping we’re in the midst of getting someone else in and announcing both at the same time. 

Beginning to think something has gone wrong. Surely the club would want to get a new signing announced ASAP to try and make us forget what happened on Saturday. Maybe a lesson to Macca to keep quiet about when potential signings are coming in 

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

Beginning to think something has gone wrong. Surely the club would want to get a new signing announced ASAP to try and make us forget what happened on Saturday. Maybe a lesson to Macca to keep quiet about when potential signings are coming in 

He’ll be paraded at Dens tomorrow