Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Wonder if international clearance might be an issue if they're signed from elsewhere with offices being mostly closed?

Hibs game from this weekend was moved to a few weeks ago to fill an empty Sat and free up the busy schedule a bit. 

Cheers

Think my wishlist is...

Out: Brown, Booth, Ballantyne, Crawford, Turner-Cooke, Costelloe, Jephcott, Jaiyesimi

In: Attacking full backs, creative CM/AM, powerhouse forwards with pace

Mitov

RWB - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson - LWB

Smith - Phillips

ATT - CF - ATT

Harsh on some, probably, and unlikely we sign anyone good enough to justify dropping Carey or Clark, but in my head we add pace and power on the flanks and in attack and the bravery on the ball in midfield turns us into a counter attacking nightmare.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think my wishlist is...

Out: Brown, Booth, Ballantyne, Crawford, Turner-Cooke, Costelloe, Jephcott, Jaiyesimi

In: Attacking full backs, creative CM/AM, powerhouse forwards with pace

Mitov

RWB - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson - LWB

Smith - Phillips

ATT - CF - ATT

Harsh on some, probably, and unlikely we sign anyone good enough to justify dropping Carey or Clark, but in my head we add pace and power on the flanks and in attack and the bravery on the ball in midfield turns us into a counter attacking nightmare.

Not harsh enough ( I'd add May in there) but I doubt we'll get anywhere near as good a finisher that would justify dropping Clark.

On 27/12/2023 at 13:21, perthsaint1977 said:

I heard the worst story ever about the 3 amigos at saints. It's absolutely gross mis management and I'm actually seething about it. 

The damage SB, CD and IF have done reputationaly and financialy is off the scale. 

Sickening the way the club was run under them.

Get it telt… only so much guessing we can do. 

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Will they open the bottom sections?

Guess if its a complete sell out by tomorrow night they might? But think theres still sections in the top at the sides that arent up yet?

2 hours ago, DavidReid01 said:

If it’s someone on a one year deal who never played… then looking at

Dailly

Sandford 

Hector-Ingram

Also not surprised to hear that Murphy, Hallberg, Butterfield, Bair, Ciftci etc were all on mega money.

Ciftci as well probably. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Guess if its a complete sell out by tomorrow night they might? But think theres still sections in the top at the sides that arent up yet?

Yes, I think beyond what is shown, is the 2 small end sections and maybe 3/4 rows at the front. Guessing we've sold 1,800ish based on each of those sections holding c500 each?

11 minutes ago, Muirton Saint said:

Online sales for Dundee away have closed, so anyone who hasn't bought a ticket but wants to go must go to the McDairmid ticket office. 

The fact that the only way now to get a ticket for a game in four days' time that isn't sold it is to turn up at McDiarmid on Tuesday between 10am and 12noon is a bit of a nonsense.

50 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Yes, I think beyond what is shown, is the 2 small end sections and maybe 3/4 rows at the front. Guessing we've sold 1,800ish based on each of those sections holding c500 each?

Bought one for my pal earlier today and his order number was 1500 and something, assuming that correlates with what’s been sold. 

29 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The fact that the only way now to get a ticket for a game in four days' time that isn't sold it is to turn up at McDiarmid on Tuesday between 10am and 12noon is a bit of a nonsense.

I don't understand why online sales would be closed at all if I'm honest.

Just now, Muirton Saint said:

I don't understand why online sales would be closed at all if I'm honest.

It's because you need a physical ticket and ticket office is only open for a few hours tomorrow and of the day of the game. Suspect the club needs to get the physical tickets from Dundee.

In 2023/24, that a top flight club cannot do e-tickets is a bit of a nonsense to be honest. 

1600 is a decent support, shame it’s unlikely to be much bigger given the ridiculous situation as already mentioned by others. It’s 2023 FFS, e-tickets should be the norm instead of folk having to faff about during the holidays to go and collect tickets from McDiarmid. Hopeless stuff from Dundee. I was able to purchase a ticket at Almondvale the other night 15 mins before kick-off. E-tickets were available too. This game shouldn’t be any different.