Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, Radford said:

It's been 8 months but it still sits badly with me the whole Wotherspoon thing. Both the manner of it and the fact he's a (much) better player than most of the dross we have assembled.

Impressive the way Steve Brown managed to get everything entirely wrong from May 2021 onwards. MacLean as manager was just the pièce de résistance.

I remember Maclean talking and justifying the Wotherspoon situation at the last fan forum, and with hindsight I don’t think he expected the backlash from the fans at it. 

Made even worse by presuming Dara Fucking Costelloe was a suitable replacement. 

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I remember Maclean talking and justifying the Wotherspoon situation at the last fan forum, and with hindsight I don’t think he expected the backlash from the fans at it. 

Made even worse by presuming Dara Fucking Costelloe was a suitable replacement. 

Quality replacement IMO.

I always kind of thought he was released partly to allow Kucheriavyi a pathway into being a regular. The other half is we didnt need him, Carey, and Kucheriavyi, and the other two were both contracted for this season anyway.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I always kind of thought he was released partly to allow Kucheriavyi a pathway into being a regular. The other half is we didnt need him, Carey, and Kucheriavyi, and the other two were both contracted for this season anyway.

This, It was time for him to go. It SHOULD'VE been done properly though, which it wasn't.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupidity

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be lying if i said i knew where he'd played for Scunthorpe, but the rest of his career has been in CM with an odd shot out wide.

Seems to score wherever he goes but last time i looked at him, data wise, he didnt really offer a whole lot more.

I think Smith has something about him and would've liked to see him get a crack, but it's obvious that it's not happening. Reckon if he's made to feel a proper part of a first team squad somewhere he'll do well. Has had a lot of really successful loans without being able to step up, but then he's not really been given a chance.

Could end up being a Liam gordon type signing who just needs a chance at the top level and excels, could be a Brad McKay and just isn't quite good enough for the level but would rather we take a punt on someone like Smith who might develop and either become a mainstay or go on for a fee over the Ali Crawford type signings every single time

Edited by steviemay17

27 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think Smith has something about him and would've liked to see him get a crack, but it's obvious that it's not happening. Reckon if he's made to feel a proper part of a first team squad somewhere he'll do well. Has had a lot of really successful loans without being able to step up, but then he's not really been given a chance.

Aye. Players must eventually be scunnered of constant loan moves and i think i read hes has 7?

Im not convinced hes what we need as i fucking hate the 5-2-2-1/5-2-3 shape we seem to be going with under Levein, and this just points to them continuing with it.

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

There’s no way that we can possibly have three Smiths in our squad. We’d become a laughing stock. 

Smith Johnstone

St JohnSmith

FWIW WyScout reckons Smith has played on the left wing for Scunthorpe, mpstly in a 4-2-3-1 shape. Played a few games up front in a front two too.

57 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

There’s no way that we can possibly have three Smiths in our squad. We’d become a laughing stock. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about becoming a laughing stock. 

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You would certainly know.

Twas an open goal Tam but the holier than thou affectation from you Lilywhites is highly amusing. Almost as funny as you offering ching to the young team whilst telling them of your cuckold experiences with the Hoff.