Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

The goal is the same size whatever level. Give him the ball and he will score, which can't be said of many of our strikers.

You yokels make me howl with laughter.

Costelloe excelling in the Dark Blue after being hounded out by Perth muppets who qualify pub level strikers as knowing where the goals are whatever the level.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

7 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Costelloe excelling in the Dark Blue after being hounded out by Perth muppets who qualify pub level strikers as knowing where the goals are whatever the level.

Thank you.

Didn’t he cost you two goals against Killie in his first game? At least one anyway.

30 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Imagine being from a massive shit hole going about calling folk yokels. 

All I seen on twitter was Dundee fans calling Costelloe shite as well.

20 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He’s not from Letham or Tulloch. 

24 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Missed all that, all I saw was him coming on in the 2nd half v Livi and the Sheep, and changing the games for the better.

Great young player.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Missed all that, all I saw was him coming on in the 2nd half v Livi and the Sheep, and changing the games for the better.

Great young player.

Thank you.

Just needed the right manager behind him. Imagine being a youth and having Steven MacLean trying to bring you on.

33 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It's nice of the Perth residents to travel through to Dundee every weekend  and spend all their money here leaving your town centre a barren dump.

Dundee will prosper ahead of Perth forevermore. Same applies on the footballing side pal.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What’s peoples opinion then? Is the squad stronger that it was at the start of the window? 

I think we’ve taken a big risk on Benji & Adama. I’m slightly intrigued by the latter considering Warrington were batting away offers from League 1 sides. 

Kerr is a good signing, we can’t keep relying on Considine who as good as he is, I’m concerned will do a Liam and just lose his legs suddenly. The Israeli looks keen on getting up the park. 

outgoings, not good enough. Should’ve found a KFC to catapult Crawford into then I’d be happy. 

19 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I think we’ve taken a big risk on Benji & Adama. I’m slightly intrigued by the latter considering Warrington were batting away offers from League 1 sides. 

Kerr is a good signing, we can’t keep relying on Considine who as good as he is, I’m concerned will do a Liam and just lose his legs suddenly. The Israeli looks keen on getting up the park. 

outgoings, not good enough. Should’ve found a KFC to catapult Crawford into then I’d be happy. 

I think we can still loan people to Championship teams and below for another few days, is that right?

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What’s peoples opinion then? Is the squad stronger that it was at the start of the window? 

I think it is marginally stronger. No one who has left will be missed and ideally a couple more out the door I'd what the club would have wanted.

In terms of incoming, there is a risk with the strikers brought in. The Israeli seems an upgrade on Brown and haven't seen enough of the Smiths to make a call.

I'd say all the signings aside from the Israeli are lacking in terms of experience and so might make for some unpredictability in performances. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I think we can still loan people to Championship teams and below for another few days, is that right?

I'm struggling to find the answer online, but I'm guessing at maximum it would be end of February is the deadline for lower tier loans.

Turner Cooke and Costelloe out with Adama and Kimpioka in in forward areas looks at least the same, probably better for us as they're our players. Smith as an attacking midfielder looks okay and Keltjens is a definite upgrade on what we had. Kerr Smith is a decent player but I struggle to see when he gets a game if no one is injured. Levien says no but you can't help think he was a replacement for Robinson.