Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Will we see an improvement in the pitch for the Dundee game? 

By then it'll have been 4 weeks since it was used?

Have my doubts...

The sprinklers will be on for 4 weeks. But it’ll work out because they’ll put holes in it with a pitchfork. 

We’re a bit fucked, aren’t we? County have much better players than us (plus a couple of the best players in bottom six) and are no longer managed by a clown, all the other teams around us look better too so struggle to see how we escape 11th. After that I’d fancy United in a play off, and Rovers/Thistle I’d say would be 50/50.

Also ending up in the play-off is an absolute nightmare for squad planning for the next year too, so we’ll be miles behind the rest of the top flight teams even if we do stay up.

We’ve become Hamilton Accies 2015-2020, a turgid shite floating in the toilet just waiting to be flushed.

This team means absolutely nothing to me. Genuinely wouldn't be upset if every single one of them left in May. Mitov maybe the exception.

I'm going to the next game as my wee ones are the match day mascots and after that will I spend money and time going down the A9 to watch us misplace every pass? Probably not.

43 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

This team means absolutely nothing to me. Genuinely wouldn't be upset if every single one of them left in May. Mitov maybe the exception.

I'm going to the next game as my wee ones are the match day mascots and after that will I spend money and time going down the A9 to watch us misplace every pass? Probably not.

Pretty much how I look at away games. Can I be arsed traveling to the likes of Aberdeen or Paisley... 👎 Absolutely not. 

Would go to every game but I've only attended 1 away game in 2024. VAR ruining it is also part of it also. Have I missed it, no not really. 

Will try to get behind them when it comes to the crunch though 😬

^^^  See those last few posts? That's Saints core support saying it. It shows how much of a mess it's all been. There's just nothing coming out of the club to get you excited. 

Too many nothing footballers, nearly men getting paid fortunes for f**k all return. The management team on and off the park need to get their fingers out. Provide a galvanising spark, because at the moment there's f**k all, nada, zilch, zero redeeming features about the club and they're sleepwalking into serious trouble.

54 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

^^^  See those last few posts? That's Saints core support saying it. It shows how much of a mess it's all been. There's just nothing coming out of the club to get you excited. 

Too many nothing footballers, nearly men getting paid fortunes for f**k all return. The management team on and off the park need to get their fingers out. Provide a galvanising spark, because at the moment there's f**k all, nada, zilch, zero redeeming features about the club and they're sleepwalking into serious trouble.

Pretty much where I am too. I cannot identify with any of the players. Just seems no heart or fight in any of them. Not something you'd ever have been able to say for the last 15 years.

Unless the new owners come in shake things up on and off the pitch, then even if we do stay up, fans will just not bother.

58 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Pretty much where I am too. I cannot identify with any of the players. Just seems no heart or fight in any of them. Not something you'd ever have been able to say for the last 15 years.

Unless the new owners come in shake things up on and off the pitch, then even if we do stay up, fans will just not bother.

Admittedly 10 years ago I had less responsibilities so would be down the A9 in a heartbeat. Regular mini busses would leave Inverness. It wasn't the most stylish football but it was generally always a decent game and 11 players fighting until the end.

10 years later there is always a car going down, fair play them but my weekends are spent doing other things.

If I'm down visiting family I tend to go. My eldest likes going. She's not bothered by the football. I don't think it will be long until she edges towards Ross County but hopefully not!

I'll continue to go home and away every week as it's a very hard habit to break when it's all you've done for more years than you care to remember. And you still live in hope of that buzz that can't be beaten but those moments are few and far between now and I do actively look forward to weekends where we aren't playing and we can do something else. They are becoming more frequent at least with the shambolic nature of the calendar.

I'm sure that reconnection will come at some point but it won't involve this group of players and I'd be very surprised if it was under this manager.

Stan Harris talking about a good squad terrifies me.

The going every week pattern has been broken for me. I do still look forward to going to Edinburgh for the day out for the Hibs game for example though but... Forget going to Motherwell midweek for example while this team offer me nothing in terms of excitement. 

It'll be make or break for many fans in the summer whether we stay up or not. A massive upheaval of the playing squad isn't ideal but if there isn't one, the fans who feel negative about it the squad are going to be very angry if a few of the failure players are offered new deals they don't deserve. 

I don't feel the same resentment towards the current management that some others do. While I'm not exactly happy about it my patience is probably because I don't see them solely to blame for the current squad or state of things. Although I do feel much more negative than I did around the clusters of midweek games pre winter break as I felt over a period of time while things weren't perfect and it didn't always work I felt i could see in patches of games what seemed like a plan in possession. Since then though they've binned that direction and just gone into just being extremely negative and trying to play on the counter against everyone 💩 very much mirroring Davidson's way of things and the direction that went. Most of the January signings have offered nothing. 

As for off the field 🤷‍♂️ it's just in a permanent holding pattern until a new owner takes control. I did think the plan to get new ownership would result in the club seeming frozen and not willing to make decisions with off the field matters. Not too sure that's been the case but others will know more than I do. 

Once a new owner comes in my guess is we'll get the new owner excitement which will fade away when it's evident they don't have a fucking clue. 

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

And you still live in hope of that buzz that can't be beaten but those moments are few and far between now and I do actively look forward to weekends where we aren't playing and we can do something else.

This is how I've been recently. Slowly going to less as the games have went on as well.

32 minutes ago, Radford said:

Stan Harris talking about a good squad terrifies me.

Meh, he can't really talk down about the squad, especially in a relegation battle. 

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It'll be make or break for many fans in the summer whether we stay up or not.

Definitely. The squad just feels like its limping from one week to the next with no direction other than lump it up and hope Kimpioka/Sidibeh/Clark do something. Drastic changes are needed. I hope the management team/board (whoever it is) are able to be successful and I'll back them to until they are asked to leave.

6 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It'll be make or break for many fans in the summer whether we stay up or not.

We'll probably lose the same amount regardless. 

My away game habit died gears ago due to costs, and other reasons meant I've missed home games this season. I've been able to see virtually every game via Saints TV and a VPN then. It's going to be hard to justify not just going that route next season and saving my season ticket money.

The new media team will probably make a great campaign for season tickets, and we should have new owners giving some hope to fans, but something needs to change on the park. We're lucky to have seen a good performance a month over the past year or two, and it's never backed up by another.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Stan is there to halt the slide and to keep the handover smooth. I know it's wrong to blame him for the shite that's went before him but we need a spark, produce it please.

As for the football....It's the consistently negative tactics that make folk doubt the management team. We all know they inherited a shit show and have  only had one window, with basically f**k all cash to try rectify things but they took the challenge on. Nothing would give me greater pleasure(well almost) than to see them succeed and succeed playing great football. We witnessed some half decent performances in their early months in the job but now, now is just turgid, negative, play for a draw shite and that's against the good and the bad sides. If we do go down then I want to go down fighting, get fucking into them and win the fucking battles you c***s.

8 hours ago, Muirton Saint said:

Meh he can't really talk down about the squad, especially in a relegation battle. 

But don't say anything. He chose to tweet about the Livingston game and our good squad. I'm not sure what was to be gained from it.

The two new strikers might have something, we know Clark will get goals and Mitov has obviously been very good. Other than that, wouldn't bat an eyelid at the rest going, Franczak excluded.

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Stan is there to halt the slide and to keep the handover smooth. I know it's wrong to blame him for the shite that's went before him but we need a spark, produce it please.

As for the football....It's the consistently negative tactics that make folk doubt the management team. We all know they inherited a shit show and have  only had one window, with basically f**k all cash to try rectify things but they took the challenge on. Nothing would give me greater pleasure(well almost) than to see them succeed and succeed playing great football. We witnessed some half decent performances in their early months in the job but now, now is just turgid, negative, play for a draw shite and that's against the good and the bad sides. If we do go down then I want to go down fighting, get fucking into them and win the fucking battles you c***s.

The last sentence is pretty much where I am. Not sure I agree we saw some half decent performances in the early months(maybe home v Hibs) but it was so bad under Macca and Callum that any small improvement was exaggerated. Since Tommy Wright was appointed we’ve not been an open attractive team to watch but we were always difficult to play against, fought like f**k, and tried to get forward and win games. Levein’s team is nothing like that. Defensive, easy to play against and soft as shit. I’ll still get my season tickets next season but maybe someone can show this thread to Stan Harris so he can let the so called management team how the fans truly feel