Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

I understand he’s signed a PCA with yourselves. 

Really? Where did you hear that? Would be pleased with that bit of business!

11 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

First big test for the new owner will be whether he has the balls to sack that pair of imposters Levein and Kirk. It should be the first thing he does as soon as the takeover is complete 

Probably more a Stan Harris/Geoff Brown decision. Not sure he'll come into this situation and make such a big decision against their advice.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Is Kane still under contract? If so you might want to consider keeping him should you come on down. He's fired in a few goals in not that many games and has been involved in a few more. He's shown he's very much a pretty good player for this level.

We'll swap you. Kane for O'Halloran.

He's out of contract and we've got 4 strikers already contracted next season (ignoring relegation release clauses), he'll be away IMO.

O'Halloran was finished when he left us. Not sure why you signed him.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Really? Where did you hear that? Would be pleased with that bit of business!

Just grumblings around the place to be honest. Nothing concrete. Levein wasn’t exactly looking to keep him and May around. 

Would rather sign someone from Hearts who’s fucking huddy. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably more a Stan Harris/Geoff Brown decision. Not sure he'll come into this situation and make such a big decision against their advice.

He's out of contract and we've got 4 strikers already contracted next season (ignoring relegation release clauses), he'll be away IMO.

O'Halloran was finished when he left us. Not sure why you signed him.

O'Halloran hasn't been as bad as some of our fans claim, but he hasn't been great either. The biggest issues with his signing is that he simply doesn't fit in the preferred formations of McPake.

If someone at this level played his as a winger he'd still be effective.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would you buy a business and let the previous owner make that decision. Could understand him sounding out both of them but surely it’s a decision he has to take, not have taken for him. 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

O'Halloran hasn't been as bad as some of our fans claim, but he hasn't been great either. The biggest issues with his signing is that he simply doesn't fit in the preferred formations of McPake.

If someone at this level played his as a winger he'd still be effective.

Cove done that and he struggled. Injuries have done him I think, and he never understood the game well enough to adapt.

1 minute ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Why would you buy a business and let the previous owner make that decision. Could understand him sounding out both of them but surely it’s a decision he has to take, not have taken for him. 

He'll maybe think the clubs in such a precarious position he can't take risks, so the safest option is trusting Brown/Harris.

I don't know what they'd say or whether he would use their opinion or not though.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cove done that and he struggled. Injuries have done him I think, and he never understood the game well enough to adapt.

He's still surprisingly quick. There were a couple of times for us he showed flashes of the player he was, but he mostly played as a wing back and was asked to do a lot of defensive stuff, which isn't his game. He needs to be an attacker who runs at folk 

This is on Facebook apparently.

GMv462hXIAA6h7a.thumb.jpeg.79516938ba610a1ffaccd4108f389818.jpeg

Levein now worse than MacLean in terms of points per game.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is on Facebook apparently.

GMv462hXIAA6h7a.thumb.jpeg.79516938ba610a1ffaccd4108f389818.jpeg

Levein now worse than MacLean in terms of points per game.

Can't disagree with a word of that to be fair. If you were being kind to him, you could say that the little uplift after he was appointed was just enough to avoid automatic relegation, but much was due to how bad Livi are. By every other measure, it's failure and I cannot see anyone wanting him here next year, even if we do stay up. 

Just heard Leveins post match interview.

Absolute nothing there, just a monotone acceptance of the whole situation, then a half hearted, still monotone, claim we can win 3 games in a row and it's not that bad really.

1 minute ago, Molotov said:

IMG_9653.jpeg.83f16a178533e1365e5282de8d80024b.jpeg

Always thought he was quite funny and harshly thought of because he was droll.

Can understand why fans of every team he's managed mock him now.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just heard Leveins post match interview.

Absolute nothing there, just a monotone acceptance of the whole situation, then a half hearted, still monotone, claim we can win 3 games in a row and it's not that bad really.

They were even putting the boot in on sportsound. 

Interesting to hear he didn't think there was much between the teams. Must have his eyes closed the second half. 

I'm in the camp of... Who listens to a Saints managers pre or post match interview? Not listened to any of it from any manager since Mr Wright. 

Although, it does get to a point where your hear what others say and you think f**k OFF. 

I'm relatively pragmatic generally I think. Today I basically spent 30 secs giving my Dad my match report via text then seen the Radford unofficial report and his tweet basically was as id seen it. 

I'm not a football manager but what fucking world do managers like Levein live on? 

Decent first half, absolutely fine. Second half COMPLETE and utter no show. I'm not sure how he or anyone else could defend that. 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Everything is just post-double Davidson 2.0, with a worse team. 

What is absolutely clear is Levein and co didn't go back and watch any of Davidson's period in charge. 

They've tried made MANY of the same mistakes as he did. In Davidson's defence, at least he was trying and learning. Levein and Kirk's, excuse for them doing and then repeating the same things with the same players....? Very little excuse. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

33 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

They were even putting the boot in on sportsound. 

Interesting to hear he didn't think there was much between the teams. Must have his eyes closed the second half. 

Former BBC colleagues as well. Pretty bad state of affairs when most of the Saints analysis on Sportscene is the managers tone and body language because there isn’t much else to look at for Saints.

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84