Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

45 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Hint: 🪥❌

Created a new game by accident here 😂

This is something I can get on board with. I'm away on WAP to gen up on smelly dentists who have been on Britain's got Talent.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Hint: 🪥❌

Created a new game by accident here 😂

I have no idea who you’re talking about. Only good thing is I’m pretty sure I don’t fit any of the criteria mentioned earlier 

43 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

I have no idea who you’re talking about. Only good thing is I’m pretty sure I don’t fit any of the criteria mentioned earlier 

You're kidding no-one, we can smell you from here.

Levein talking about pre-season maybe means he's already spoken to the new owner and expects to stay on?

Cammy MacPherson is the current great hope to transform our season, and it looks like he'll be offered a deal if Levein stays.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Levein talking about pre-season maybe means he's already spoken to the new owner and expects to stay on?

Cammy MacPherson is the current great hope to transform our season, and it looks like he'll be offered a deal if Levein stays.

Its the kind of shit that makes you seriously consider whether you want to renew your season ticket or not.

Three seasons in Perth and he's had five separate injury lay offs, including two long term hamstring injuries. He's managed 56 appearances, a total of ONE goal (which was a shot going nowhere near the net that took a huge deflection and went in) and two assists in that period.

I really hate dumping on Saints players but he's exactly the type of player that has got us into the mess we've been in for three seasons and there's nothing to suggest he'll turn it around going forward.

Edited by Jamie_B

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sorta at the point that f**k it, give him a game. The others aren't producing so at this point, at least it's something different 🤷‍♂️

If it's him or Connor Smith & Max... 

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Its the kind of shit that makes you seriously consider whether you want to renew your season ticket or not.

Three seasons in Perth and he's had five separate injury lay offs, including two long term hamstring injuries. He's managed 56 appearances, a total of ONE goal (which was a shot going nowhere near the net that took a huge deflection and went in) and two assists in that period.

I really hate dumping on Saints players but he's exactly the type of player that has got us into the mess we've been in for three seasons and there's nothing to suggest he'll turn it around going forward.

On the basis that he is on c1.5k per week and we paid £50k for him, it means he has cost about £5k per game for us! 🫣

13 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I wonder how many wins he's featured in.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Saintee said:

I wonder how many wins he's featured in.

Twelve, one of those a two minute appearance at home to Livi. 

0.91 points per game when he’s played. 

Edited by PSJ.84

It's mainly the injuries for me. Can debate the merits or otherwise of his contribution but he just can't be trusted to avoid injury and he certainly isn't good enough to just overlook that when it comes to next season.

Far better players than Cammy MacPherson have been let go for that reason.

There are others where ability or otherwise is secondary as well. A loser mentality permeates this squad and it needs cleansed of it.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

A loser mentality permeates this squad and it needs cleansed of it.

Losing, just like winning, is habit forming. Once you get on a losing streak it’s very difficult to get out of it. It needs a positive mindset, appetite for hard work and a willingness to go in where it hurts. Unfortunately this squad shows none of these qualities 

30 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Losing, just like winning, is habit forming. Once you get on a losing streak it’s very difficult to get out of it. It needs a positive mindset, appetite for hard work and a willingness to go in where it hurts. Unfortunately this squad shows none of these qualities 

Think this stems from the manager?

Tend to think squads eventually take on the personality of their manager. To me Davidson/Levein seem cut from a similar cloth of trying not to show emotion (either way) regardless of form, gameplan is about reducing risk, and a draw been seen as fine as it could easily have been a win if luck goes your way.

MacLean was different but again maybe his brief spell saw that too? Naive, inexperienced, emotional, play that saw lots of holes and lots of errors?

We need someone who's going to give some drive/fearlessness back to the club. We're on the ropes here and been stuck with Davidson/Levein convincing us to clinch until the bell goes. We need a Coyle/TW who convinces us to just start swinging.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We need a Coyle/TW who convinces us to just start swinging.

Coyle wasn’t a tactically astute manager but he had an enthusiasm that was absolutely infectious. The whole club benefited from this