Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Looks like it's not just Saints that like to sign a previous player. Even Motherwell pretended to. 

As per Randoms post the teams we care about strengthening Hamilton, St Mirren, Ross County and Kilmarnock have not obviously improved. 

St Mirren especially happy that they lost McGinn and didn't snare Bayo.

3 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Tommy Wright.....When the transfer window opens I'm looking to bring in a bit of experience to help the young lads out..Transfer window closes and he has reduced the age of the squad even further 😂

He said last week all his main targets had been ignored and signed elsewhere. 

This transfer window has thrown up more questions than answers.
Have we improved the team and have we improved the squad? 
It was as Tommy said 1 out 1 in.
Vihmann out McCart in, McCart has to be an improvement in the squad. Will he improve the team? He will have to be better than Kerr or Gordon to do that. Tommy may play 3 at the back and that may improve the team. But if it was his intention to do that why sign a winger when we already have 4. We are now back to 5 wingers and Tommy will now play a team without wingers, if he does it is a strange signing.
Callachan out Butcher in. This is a wait and see Butcher in on the mend from injury it so may take him some time to get up to speed. 
Kennedy out Jones in, I cannot see Jones being an improvement on Kennedy.
The squad may be slightly better but the team is poorer for the loss of Kennedy.

Edited by Templar

15 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I know that, but you know exactly what I mean about Kennedy. 

And they are not 'utterly fucked' if he leaves. If he stays they might make the playoffs. If he leaves they might finish 8th or 9th, but with a lot more cash in the bank and think of what £250k would have bought them for the Championship. 

Wait, you genuinely beleive we would've sold him for 250k?

57 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

And what has that to do with my point that  his aim was to bring in experience and he has made the squad younger ?

That how the window ended likely isnt even close to what he wanted either.