Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Imagine sitting in a pub with these two before the fitba, Dick looking glum as f**k moaning about how he never slept well, missed his bus, expects it to rain, price to get in is a bit steep etc etc then jamama with his half glass of warm wine agreeing then putting shite ideas on how to fix it all, all the while moaning about how shite it is to support Saints and he cant understand why we aren't more like his beloved Everton*. 

* you can swap Everton with one of his other 5 boyhood heroes. 

17 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

The man with the huge arse said the kits arrived yesterday so it must be true 

Tbh its become clear he just reads this site then recycles the most realistic rumours.

Imagine sitting in a pub with these two before the fitba, Dick looking glum as f**k moaning about how he never slept well, missed his bus, expects it to rain, price to get in is a bit steep etc etc then jamama with his half glass of warm wine agreeing then putting shite ideas on how to fix it all, all the while moaning about how shite it is to support Saints and he cant understand why we aren't more like his beloved Everton*. 

* you can swap Everton with one of his other 5 boyhood heroes. 

It’s funny how every time I or someone else has a “moan” the usual happy clappers jump to the clubs defence.

I’ve never moaned about how shite it is to support Saints (I don’t think it’s THAT shite?) but I’ve certainly complained about things that the club does (or doesn’t do in this case) and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. The club should be called out when basic standards aren’t being met.

12 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s funny how every time I or someone else has a “moan” the usual happy clappers jump to the clubs defence.

I’ve never moaned about how shite it is to support Saints (I don’t think it’s THAT shite?) but I’ve certainly complained about things that the club does (or doesn’t do in this case) and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. The club should be called out when basic standards aren’t being met.

Some people just think it’s more important what the players do on the pitch than what they are wearing on it.

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I'd rather be a top six team with a one year old kit than a Championship team with a brand new kit, say fans of Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline, ICT etc

But that's not a choice is it?

Do new strips matter every year?

Yes. Because it generates revenue for the club. It's not infantile to suggest that, it's a matter of fact. I'd never buy one to 'sit on my couch' or go to a match in but folk do. That's money. Also kids are really important here. My boy gets a new Saints strip every year, he looks forward to it and most importantly it keeps him interested in the team. Adults might buy them to put on an office wall, or as a prize in a charity raffle. Who cares, it's money for the club and we should get them out for the start of the season if we can.

Of course there's far more important things (performance on the pitch being one and a global pandemic trumping them all) . It's quite easy to grasp that saying that one thing is quite important does not mean you think it's the 'most important' thing. I think it's moderately important but by f**k I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Can we just move on now to the inevitable arguments about the design? 

2 days from the first Saints game in about 6 months, with a signing imminent, and the thread is filled with middle aged men arguing about the top 11 blokes will be running about in for an hour and a half every week.

We're down the rabbit hole.