Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

31 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Think Kane is often a decent finisher where it’s instinctive, one hit.  It’s when there’s time to think about it he’s a lot less effective.

That rebound miss from the penalty in the cup final sticks in my memory as particularly bad!

This. He is far more likely to score an instinctive one. If he has time to think.......that's when the goal virgin performance anxiety kicks in.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

No kind of meltdown will improve the strikers. 

MOH and Middleton aren't strikers anyway. 

Vertainen doesn't look to have any future ( if Callum is making a point to the HOR or whatever).

May is done at this level and Kane isn't a finisher and never will be. 

Kane is the only one who could have an effective role but it will never be as a serious goal threat.

I think that is a fair assessment. Kane would have a role as the hold up forward, but he is never going to be a regular goal scorer. Arguably none of the other forward players are strikers either and therein lies the problem. Cifti could be that kind of player as he was in the past and same could've been said about may, but we can't really take those kind of gambles.

Will be able tell after tonight what if say difference the signings have made, but if we are arguing over a small increase to the fee for Rudden then the club are fools. The tony watt fee should be an indication of the absolute top end of fee to get him now even accounting for PCA being signed. 

5 hours ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Handball penalty against Hibs, handball that led to goal by Hearts, handball in semi final, handball v Aberdeen. That’s 4 points and a cup gone due to refereeing mistakes and that’s before we even start to discuss debatable decisions.

Every team will be able to point to bad decisions going against them. Except maybe Rangers. We should have been battered in that second half by Hearts. We were shamefully unambitious against Celtic - until the disputed goal went in, ironically. Just unhelpful to re-examine matches we deserved nothing from to point out isolated incidents where we were wronged.

If you've watched us, you know referees aren't the problem.

In any case, my concern isn't what's happened in the past. My concern is that our manager, rather than identifying clear flaws in how we play football, is publicly pinning his expectations of improvement on better luck and more favourable refereeing decisions.

Edited by Mr Heliums

2 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Was a nonsense in the cup semi but that one obviously nothing to do with where we are in the league. I remember a fair bit going against us last season with the Kerr red card in Paisley, ghost penalty at Pittrodie, onside Hendry header disallowed and non penalty given to Hibs at home - those were annoying because we were actually playing well. Didn’t matter in the end though because our luck changed and we started winning. The moaning from Davidson here is desperate.

Kerr's red at Paisley was a red tbf.

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Impressive, but (according to my artwork) not as impressive as Stephen Dobbie’s shot speed. 

7E6B75CA-F88F-4977-B8C5-B9DFFFFDA4AA.jpeg

That’s some quality work there.

‘The Dobinator’. Arms like Mr Tickle. 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

The Hunchback4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

I think tonight's line up just emphasises that we need a quality central midfielder and another striker in this window, ideally by the end of this week.

There's plenty of depth there, but we need something a bit better in those areas.