Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

56 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:
5 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:
So three days ago we were told by the club that three players were facing up to six weeks out due to injury..Two days later we are informed that two of them are in the squad to face Hearts and and the third is 50/50 Welcome news but WTF is going on here !!?? emoji28.png

Tbf, I think Davidson made reference to pulling his calf as a player and how long he took to recover. Not sure, he was aware about how serious or not the injuries were at the time.

All he had to say was that three of the players injuries would be assessed and a decision on their fitness would be made in the next few days...

Ali Crawford is one of the weirdest players I can remember playing for us. Genuinely no idea what to make of him.

If we do stay up though he'll deserve huge credit for the goals.

33 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

He was excellent in the first hour tonight.

Maybe one who'll always play to the level of his team?

Struggle in a struggling side then thrive in a good one?

Maybe one who'll always play to the level of his team?
Struggle in a struggling side then thrive in a good one?

That could be a decent shout. I think he gives us a good attacking option who gets into good attacking positions. I don’t want to see him in a midfield 2 or 3 but in a position just behind the strikers he gives us something different.

I think a lot of the negativity towards him is a bit out of order to be honest.

40 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

That could be a decent shout. I think he gives us a good attacking option who gets into good attacking positions. I don’t want to see him in a midfield 2 or 3 but in a position just behind the strikers he gives us something different.

I think a lot of the negativity towards him is a bit out of order to be honest.

Some was warranted, he was a liability defensively, wasn't putting enough of a shift in and the odd goal wasn't worth it. Since the break he started pressing a lot more, going into physical duels etc. I don't think hes actually any better in attack than he was, its now just theres others causing issues so his ability to find space around the box is actually being capitalised on. The win over Dundee at home way back is a great example, I think there was about 3 examples of him completely unmarked on the edge of the box yet not found, now hes getting the ball and getting chances. Confidence seems to grow from that.

He needs to keep at it and he'll soon win people around. Same with Middleton.

Middleton was better today. I have been his biggest critic as I always felt he was playing at about 75%. He really battled today although I do think he could work the channels a lot better as he could have got behind that Hearts defence more often.

That’s a small thing though as he was much improved.

Probably need a few more wins in the next few games before we look at teams above us instead of below, and am maybe being a bit greedy, but I’m now torn over wanting Dundee to beat st Mirren in midweek, obviously after they get pumped by Celtic tomorrow.

The more teams we can drag into this shitshow the better, and I don’t think there’s anyone into Scottish football who would be upset at the paisley’s in administration.

Teams sinking are always mentally up against it more than teams who’ve been at the bottom a while and find a bit of form.

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Probably need a few more wins in the next few games before we look at teams above us instead of below, and am maybe being a bit greedy, but I’m now torn over wanting Dundee to beat st Mirren in midweek, obviously after they get pumped by Celtic tomorrow.

The more teams we can drag into this shitshow the better, and I don’t think there’s anyone into Scottish football who would be upset at the paisley’s in administration.

Teams sinking are always mentally up against it more than teams who’ve been at the bottom a while and find a bit of form.

St Mirren are too far ahead IMO, we're not gaining 10+ points on them. We still have Celtic and Rangers to play before the split.

Staying above Dundee the key objective just now, so hopes for midweek are obvious there. They have 2 games in hand and win in either puts us bottom. We've not shown that we can maintain good performances yet, most of them are blotted by bad halves until today.

County and Livi are the only sides we can drag back into it and Saturday is pivotal to that. We have 2 games left against each, winning all four there drags them both into IMO, but its a huge task still.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

St Mirren are too far ahead IMO, we're not gaining 10+ points on them. We still have Celtic and Rangers to play before the split.

Staying above Dundee the key objective just now, so hopes for midweek are obvious there. They have 2 games in hand and win in either puts us bottom. We've not shown that we can maintain good performances yet, most of them are blotted by bad halves until today.

County and Livi are the only sides we can drag back into it and Saturday is pivotal to that. We have 2 games left against each, winning all four there drags them both into IMO, but its a huge task still.

Think the first priority is, as you say, staying ahead of Dundee, but a win vs County next week would really mix things up. Tough run of games on the back of that, but I'm sure someone will hit a bad run of form (hopefully not us again). If we ended up 11th, then I'd be relatively confident of beating whoever it may be in the playoffs on current form/performances. 

If we ended up say 5 clear of Dundee (hoping they lose the 2 games in hand) then I could see them collapse a bit. McGhee doesn't have much goodwill with the fans in a way McPake possibly would have had, so could turn toxic pretty quickly.