Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It looks like it’s down to a straight shootout between us and Dundee, certainly at least until the split, and most likely til the bitter end unless either of us find some amazing form, and one of the teams above fails to win again.

Not really a lot in the fixtures to suggest an advantage either way, apart from Dundee having the game in hand obviously.

Saints: 

Hibs (a), Motherwell (h), Livingston (h), Celtic (a).

Dundee:

Motherwell (a), St Mirren (h), Rangers (h), Aberdeen (h), Dundee Utd (a).

Aberdeen:

Rangers (a), Hibs (h), Dundee (a), Ross County (h).

st Mirren: 

Ross County (a), Dundee (a), Dundee Utd (h), Motherwell (a), Rangers (h).

Motherwell:

Dundee (h), St Johnstone (a), St Mirren (a), Livingston (a).  

7EED3A3A-0212-4F0E-85E0-D42939C34E7C.jpeg.55997824efc66d0b4981d1983ebe8391.jpeg

Such a pity we’ve been unable to string back to back wins together over the past month or so when our performances have improved a bit. There are enough teams in honking form that it wouldn’t have been that big an ask to drag others into the shite.  Motherwell and Aberdeen, for example, haven’t won since Boxing Day, 9 matches without a win.

4 hours ago, double deluxe said:

Zander Clark available tomorrow. 

Muzz and Booth also trained today.

Wonder if Booth will go straight back when fully fit, or if Gallacher will stay. Gallacher looks to have settled in alright, I'd be tempted to leave him in. There is more upside there from him going forward. Unless we're going to switch to 442...

Wonder if Booth will go straight back when fully fit, or if Gallacher will stay. Gallacher looks to have settled in alright, I'd be tempted to leave him in. There is more upside there from him going forward. Unless we're going to switch to 442...

I like Gallacher. He’s clearly raw but the talent is there. And Booth was at his best when competing with Tanser.

Yes Gallacher has certainly improved in his past 2-3 matches compared to his early performances. Don't see any need to drop him.

Really interested to see if we go 3 or 4 at the back.

Only 100 tickets left for the Saints end tomorrow, looking forward to a near-full Easter Road, should be great.  At least until it kicks off anyway!

11 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Given our position in the league, my hat goes off to everyone who has bought a ticket. 

I'd say that's even more reason tbh. 

Have a feeling we won't lose this but equally can't see us winning. Dundee seem more unpredictable than us and they're likely to pick up points along the way, and can easily see them getting something from their game in hand. 

Going to be some scenes if the post-split fixtures finishes with us vs them at McDairmid. 

4 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Given our position in the league, my hat goes off to everyone who has bought a ticket. 

Was thinking the same. The fiver deal is obviously appealing and has worked a treat, but nearly 2000 away fans to a routine league match when we've won 2 out of our last 19 matches is phenomenal.

11 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Going to be some scenes if the post-split fixtures finishes with us vs them at McDairmid. 

I've seen a few people say it'll be at Dens, but I'm not sure if they've actually worked it all out or are just guessing.

Would assume we need to know the bottom six to be certain?

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've seen a few people say it'll be at Dens, but I'm not sure if they've actually worked it all out or are just guessing.

Would assume we need to know the bottom six to be certain?

We've played them twice at McDiarmid so would be more likely to be at Dens.  Not a certainty though. 

Of the current bottom six, we'd be due Aberdeen, County and St.mirren at home and Dundee and Motherwell away but that would give us a 20/18 split so imagine we'll be sent to one of those sides again.

Given how changeable the bottom six will be can't be bothered looking at what the other side's are due yet.

10 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Was thinking the same. The fiver deal is obviously appealing and has worked a treat, but nearly 2000 away fans to a routine league match when we've won 2 out of our last 19 matches is phenomenal.

The support has generally been very good this season. Probably a combination of the cup wins, not being able to get into any games for ages due to covid, and probably the FCU to a lesser extent.

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

£5 a ticket at one of the best away days in the League in a battle to avoid relegation. What's not to like?