Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

There was lots of unhappy fans around me a full time yesterday it seems the good will built up after the wins at livi and hearts is wearing very thin again. Most of the shouts were aimed at Davidson, particularly in the last 5 minutes when Hendry was working his socks off and the the rest of the team was 60 yards behind him. 

Macphersons set pieces in the second half yesterday were a fucking joke! He might usually be pretty decent but surely during a game after he’s completely wasted 5/6 surely it’s time to let someone else have a try? 

24 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

There was lots of unhappy fans around me a full time yesterday it seems the good will built up after the wins at livi and hearts is wearing very thin again. Most of the shouts were aimed at Davidson, particularly in the last 5 minutes when Hendry was working his socks off and the the rest of the team was 60 yards behind him. 

Felt sorry for Hendry, could see his frustation at being so isolated. Ciftci made that even worse when he came on, for me.

Fairly certain Davidson would've been telling everyone to keep their shape at the end too instead of supporting him.

Can't see any way Hendry stays for next season, unless Davidson is guaranteed to go, as he'll comfortably be getting offers from sides above us and the way we play just does nothing for strikers who do more than run about lots.

Have to say though, I'm looking forward to us trying to shitfest 1-0 wins over Morton next season with Chris Kane up front on his own getting fed crossed by Callum Booth and James Brown.

Thanks for sharing that. @PSJ.84

Agree he speaks well. It really just backs up the attitude he's showing on the pitch though. 

Have we got yet another media officer, or whatever the title is? 

And is Melanie Stewart away from the physio role? 

2 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I assume alleged striker Jahmal Hector Ingram is filling at least one of those roles Radford, because he obviously isn't involved on the footballing side!

In a follow up to my epic story about Efe Ambrose handing out the strips to subs at Hampden, I bring you another. 

Was in the ground early yesterday and Rooney, Booth and your man were doing shuttle runs with the fitness coach. 

Rooney out in front, Booth just behind and then about half the pitch behind, a player who genuinely looked like he could be sick at any moment. 

I suspect you or I are more likely to get a minute or two before the end of the season than the failed Inverness trialist.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Thought McCart was really good yesterday, and has been looking more like himself since Kelty, so a bit gutted to see him go off injured yesterday 

It’s almost like not changing the 3rd cb every game has helped him & Gordon.

14 hours ago, mizfit said:

Could do with going baws out on the 19th. For the love of god we need to.

You really don't, simply avoiding turning up at the wrong pitch will see you competitive and the slightest hint of competence will be enough for three points.

Genuinely forgot Hector-Ingram was a thing.

Honestly think you could cull about 80% of our squad and see no difference.

A year ago we could chose from Craig, Davidson, Bryson, McCann and Wotherspoon to fill our midfield two/three. Yesterday - Butterfield, MacPherson, Crawford, Hallberg and Gilmour.

There's been issues at either end of the pitch at various points (arguably throughout Davidson's reign at the business end) but the midfield area is the consistent issue and only one signing there in January seems incredible. It would be less frustrating if we changed shape to counteract we've a bunch of shitebags in that area now but we're still playing a system that requires a high press from those three if we want to be a threat at all.

Been weighing up a list of pros and cons of going down, and the biggest con is being in the same forum as the Failed History teacher/Covid expert/Russia expert.

Had a look back today and worked out that I’ve made it to 14 games this season. We won in just one of those - the 2-0 at Dens in the league cup. And scored 6 goals. Drew a blank in ten of the games. Ffs. Can’t imagine how depressing it is for the hardy souls who go every single week but feel like I haven’t got much value for money with the games I’ve been picking and choosing.

Football is supposed to be a release from normal life but Saints have been arguably the most depressing thing about my life since the LASK game onwards. We need a change at the end of the season or the new fans and FCU will lose all interest too.

Does anyone have a worse record out of interest?

47 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Had a look back today and worked out that I’ve made it to 14 games this season. We won in just one of those - the 2-0 at Dens in the league cup. And scored 6 goals. Drew a blank in ten of the games. Ffs. Can’t imagine how depressing it is for the hardy souls who go every single week but feel like I haven’t got much value for money with the games I’ve been picking and choosing.

Football is supposed to be a release from normal life but Saints have been arguably the most depressing thing about my life since the LASK game onwards. We need a change at the end of the season or the new fans and FCU will lose all interest too.

Does anyone have a worse record out of interest?

Attended 31, with 6 wins (one of those the penalties at Arbroath) and just 23 scored.   Not quite as poor but really harrowing to have worked it out. 

If you want to throw in pre-season games that’s another win and five goals. Woo. 

Edited by PSJ.84

The centre of midfield has been a ticking time bomb for years due to the reliance on Craig and Davidson, and its genuinely infuriating absolutely nothing was done to try and resolve that long term, and I include Tommy Wright amongst that. 

16/17 - Paul Paton

17/18 - Kyle McLean

18/19 - Ross Callachan

19/20 -

20/21 - Charlie Gilmour

Theres your, under 30, permanent signings in the 5 seasons before this one. Alston/Scougall don't count as they were never going to be top flight CMs.

The emergence of Ali McCann hid a multitude of sins by the club.