Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

25 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

Or maybe the leaks are coming from else where… you know the leaks which started occurring more and more from midway through the summer transfer window…

It's not Grieve, but I understand you've some weird thing against him so want to push that line, you make that clear every time you post.

This "Davidson v Everyone else" rhetoric that's built up since he managed to, somehow, get himself excluded from the criticism of selling Kerr/McCann on deadline day, is killing the club from within. It needs resolved in the Summer one way or another.

I'm bored of it now and just want everyone to grow up and sort this fucking mess out.

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

giphy.gif

Nah there's no point wasting any time on it, its clear our man here has an agenda and it's been going on for months so it's just a waste of time discussing it.

If any Saints fan refuses to acknowledge Davidson was part of the process of selling Kerr/McCann and uses their sales as an excuse for his performance, then you know they've decided defending Davidson is a hill theyre willing to die on, so any conversation beyond that is pointless. He agreed to both and had over a month to prepare for the Kerr sale.

All of the shit fairly obviously comes from the fact the journalists talk to Davidson (and probably the likes of Cleland etc) regularly but don’t talk to Brown. They so blatantly broadcast the manager’s side of the story without really ever telling the other side.

It comes across in the way you sometimes see the journalists talking up the same players who are clearly favourites of the manager.

13 hours ago, NYD1997 said:

Maybe they actually know a lot more about the inner workings of the club…. It’s not a coincidence that the guys closest to the club all want to point the blame at 2 people (3 if you include our departed chief exec) and away from the manager - it’s almost like there is a theme.

What do the ‘inner workings of the club’ have to do with my post? To blame nobody but the chairman for the sale of McCann when Davidson himself has admitted his part in it, and to say that any displeasure of the manager’s performance is only coming from ‘some’ Saints fans and consigned to ‘the darkest corners of Twitter’… These are nothing but lies, ‘inner workings of the club’ or not. In fact, I don’t even know a Saints fan in real-life who has openly expressed support for Davidson. So why try to excuse journalists who aren’t giving balanced views? Presumably because you have an agenda, as do they.

Edited by The Real Saints

I’m surprised people take any journalist seriously.

They often have an over inflated idea of their own importance and write with a bias based on their personal experiences.

If a chairman doesn’t give them the time or attention they want, then stories will generally be written with a slant against him. Managers who last learn to keep them sweet.

Just ignore them. I mean, seriously, how often do you ever read something a Scottish football journalist writes and think ‘thats interesting, never thought of that point of view’.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah it could be massive for the rest of the season, as long as he doesn't rush players back and get more of them injured. The amount of muscle injuries we get isn't bad luck IMO and he needs to be careful about managing that. We need our strongest side for the 5 post split matches + potential play offs, we can't afford to have important players missing 50% of those 7 games.

Does anyone go and watch training? Can anyone confirm how much work is being done day to day? Too much? Too little?

45 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Does anyone go and watch training? Can anyone confirm how much work is being done day to day? Too much? Too little?

I thought that training/coaching was the one thing Cautious Callum was definitely good at?

I mean, seriously, how often do you ever read something a Scottish football journalist writes and think ‘thats interesting, never thought of that point of view’.

The annoying thing is that the answer to this question is: very often with many of these same journalists up until this season. That’s why it’s been baffling to see some of them become so one-sided in their analysis. I still think Eric Nicholson’s post-match stuff is worth reading fwiw.

33 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Bryson being back is a big plus. Him and Davidson fit alongside Hallberg means we might look competitive in that area again.

Aye and if Callum stays with the system he doesn't prefer, he can have Rooney/Sang bombing forward on one side and Gallacher on the other pinging balls into Hendry Ciftci or Bair, if he eventually gets a game, no so much Middleton as he's a shortarse. Also, when Tony inevitably overhits his crosses Rooney will probably get it at the other side. It might actually work if he sticks to playing players in their preferred positions. 

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not Grieve, but I understand you've some weird thing against him so want to push that line, you make that clear every time you post.

This "Davidson v Everyone else" rhetoric that's built up since he managed to, somehow, get himself excluded from the criticism of selling Kerr/McCann on deadline day, is killing the club from within. It needs resolved in the Summer one way or another.

I'm bored of it now and just want everyone to grow up and sort this fucking mess out.

How do you know it's not Grieve? To be clear the manager lost my support some time ago so there's no angle from me here, I don't see why Grieve couldn't be the one leaking information though.

As much as I would have loved Arbroath to get promoted every other season, killie pulling away and winning the title is probably the best thing for us.

McInnes looks to have sorted them out and they have some decent players who can hurt you, so avoiding them in a play-off is maybe the best thing.  And I'm saying this fully aware that anyone could beat us over a tense play off tie, just looking at the best option.

And should we get relegated outright, Arbroath is a far better away day than Kilmarnock.

Think folk need to step back and remember that no one inside the club, the support or local journalists want anything but the same thing from Saints, to stay up.

We can all probably find reasons for why we are in this mess at the moment and no one in the club is solely to blame and no one is blameless.

From the Chairman, Head of Recruitment and Manager, the players signed have either not been good enough or fit enough and all are at fault for letting 2 influential players leave at the worst time and without replacements.

CD has to take responsibility for what happens on the pitch and clearly players do too.

Get to the summer, stay up and reflect on how the season went and if changes are needed, they need to be made. 

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Don’t seem able to post a link, but there’s an interview with young Max Kucheriavyi on Saints Facebook page talking about what’s happening back home in Ukraine, if anyone’s not watched it yet.

Puts things in perspective a wee bit. 

Maybe looking for problems that don’t exist but I can’t help but feel the clubs social accounts could be doing more to promote Saturday’s game. One of the fan accounts does a fairly decent job of tweeting goals against upcoming opponents, but it’s fairly silent from the official twitter. With Motherwell’s form and Dundee’s opponents on Sunday, this is a huge opportunity

Edited by PSJ.84

Maybe looking for problems that don’t exist but I can’t help but feel the clubs social accounts could be doing more to promote Saturday’s game. One of the fan accounts does a fairly decent job of tweeting goals against upcoming opponents, but it’s fairly silent from the official twitter. With Motherwell’s form and Dundee’s opponents on Sunday, this is a huge opportunity

I’d say it’s a big opportunity to get a large turnout to go along. Just need to market it right.

37 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’d say it’s a big opportunity to get a large turnout to go along. Just need to market it right.

Yep - a solitary tweet isn’t doing that. It is probably a bit ‘Old Man Yells at Cloud’ but it’s been a bit of a running theme for a lot of this season. With this being the only home game from 2nd March - 2nd April, would there have been a larger appetite than normal? Surely something the club could’ve at least tried to play on 

Edited by PSJ.84