Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Is there a 14 day cooling off period on new signings? Very shaky cameo from McGowan in the middle of the back 3. Hopefully just needs games and he’ll pick up but that was a concerning start. Considine did look sharper today though so maybe a similar story with McGowan. 

Team getting booed off after a win days a lot. Absolutely no desire to put that game away in the second half, and that defence looks like it has mistakes in it as well. 

Your right in that McGowan did not look good, however he’s just come over, I’m amazed he was even on the bench. 

For me, the biggest issue was the lack of urgency going forward second half. It felt like the team forgot we needed to better queens. 

Onto the League, can only get better I guess. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Another two goals in the second half today and, unless Raith beat Aberdeen, which might happen, St Johnstone would have qualified.

Made no real attempt to get them either, settled for 1-0 and even took an attacking player off for Davidson in the last 10-15 mins or so. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

The way we treated that second half when we very realistically could’ve gone through is a sackable offence imo. 

I'm actually unhealthy angry about it. 

Fans called out ad moaners etc when we're getting served up a team who it seems didn't even seem to know what needed to be achieved to have a chance of going through.

Not wanting to defend Callum too much but the last 20 mins he was screaming at the team to get the ball forward was was going nuts at brown and McPherson for passing backwards, but special mention to MOH that man should never be near a saints strip again looked totally disinterested and lost for confidence and the few times he did run at the Ayr defence never looked like beating a man 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Fans called out ad moaners etc when we're getting served up a team who it seems didn't even seem to know what needed to be achieved to have a chance of going through.

Pretty much. Same last season in the 0-0 game at easter road and the two Dundee games that ended in draws. Settle for a point rather than going for wins. 

Just now, Bankfoot Saints said:

Not wanting to defend Callum too much but the last 20 mins he was screaming at the team to get the ball forward was was going nuts at brown and McPherson for passing backwards, but special mention to MOH that man should never be near a saints strip again looked totally disinterested and lost for confidence and the few times he did run at the Ayr defence never looked like beating a man 

Didn’t really make changes to make the team more likely to score though. A fww like for like changes and then taking off Murphy for Davidson with 5 minutes to go (thought it was 15 minutes; but see it wasn’t). 

I believe Davidson wants us to do these things he says, more tempo, playing it forward quicker, make forward runs. I witnessed it from him myself on Tuesday night. 

But they aren't doing it. That is an issue in itself. 

A week from the league season starting and he hasn't managed to replace a goalkeeper who indicated he was leaving about a year ago and hasn't replaced our top scorer despite the fact our other option as main striker is long-term injured. One of the other options was loaned out because the manager doesn't like him.

Change needs made now. 

4 minutes ago, Radford said:

I believe Davidson wants us to do these things he says, more tempo, playing it forward quicker, make forward runs. I witnessed it from him myself on Tuesday night. 

But they aren't doing it. That is an issue in itself. 

A week from the league season starting and he hasn't managed to replace a goalkeeper who indicated he was leaving about a year ago and hasn't replaced our top scorer despite the fact our other option as main striker is long-term injured. One of the other options was loaned out because the manager doesn't like him.

Change needs made now. 

17th September. 
 No league cup now. There’s no hiding. The league is what matters until January. 

if we’re not performing well by the first international break he’s gone. That’s a prediction I’ll stand by.

11 minutes ago, Bankfoot Saints said:

He can hardly moan about players being negative when hes drilled it into them for the past year. I'll not forget him screaming with rage at Rooney for attacking in the build up to our 4th v ICT, and screaming at the team to defend when 1-1 at Dens and them rocking.

You reap what you sow, and his defensive mindset in the past is causing him issues now.

Thats ignoring how consistently he claims the players ignore his instructions, is that not a major fucking red flag?

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I’m absolutely fizzing if I’m honest. Wouldn’t even say I was angry for the second half of last season, just despondent. So it’s probably as annoyed as I’ve been since Kelty. I could just about accept it if it looked as though there was some sort of attempt to force the issue, but there was f**k all 

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He can hardly moan about players being negative when hes drilled it into them for the past year. I'll not forget him screaming with rage at Rooney for attacking in the build up to our 4th v ICT, and screaming at the team to defend when 1-1 at Dens and them rocking.

You reap what you sow, and his defensive mindset in the past is causing him issues now.

Thats ignoring how consistently he claims the players ignore his instructions, is that not a major fucking red flag?

Makes you wonder what impact he’s now having on the players mentally. All look absolutely shite scared to make a mistake now

A really poor state of affairs that we couldn’t even clinch second place.
That should have been a gimme for a premiership club in that group with 4 matches to reduce the impact of any one-off set back.

We’ve basically fucked up in every single game. Not beating Annan then losing on penalties. Not beating Queens then losing on penalties. Conceding 2 at Elgin when if we’d have racked up a cricket score we’d have been sorted. And finally not winning by a couple today.

There’s been a fair few chances to put things right that haven’t been taken.

Even after a fairly uninspiring start to the season, having the latter stages of the knockout cup to look forward to would have been a major positive for everyone.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I thought Parish had a good game as well.

Maybe took too long on the ball at times, but not helped by what’s in front of him. Saves from the header in the second half and particularly the one in the first were massive though 

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Maybe took too long on the ball at times, but not helped by what’s in front of him. Saves from the header in the second half and particularly the one in the first were massive though 

Aye, he was slow to get out but if no one’s wanting it or looking then it’s hardly his fault. 

Someone along from me chose to immediately abuse him post match for some reason however.

20 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

A really poor state of affairs that we couldn’t even clinch second place.
That should have been a gimme for a premiership club in that group with 4 matches to reduce the impact of any one-off set back.

We’ve basically fucked up in every single game. Not beating Annan then losing on penalties. Not beating Queens then losing on penalties. Conceding 2 at Elgin when if we’d have racked up a cricket score we’d have been sorted. And finally not winning by a couple today.

There’s been a fair few chances to put things right that haven’t been taken.

Even after a fairly uninspiring start to the season, having the latter stages of the knockout cup to look forward to would have been a major positive for everyone.

He certainly cant blame bad luck.

Hes had opponents missing sitters and then literally every result when for us today aswell, somehow.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Aye, he was slow to get out but if no one’s wanting it or looking then it’s hardly his fault. 

Someone along from me chose to immediately abuse him post match for some reason however.

Yeah he’s become the scapegoat which is slightly unfair. We all know he’s not good enough, but criticising every last thing he does is unfair. Likes of the ironic cheers against Cove - embarrassing. 

I feel for Parish, think he exemplifies a lot of the issues at Saints and the support have taken out frustrations on decisions made by the club/manager on that player. He’s probably not up to the standard required but he gives his all for Saints and comes across as a decent guy. Not his fault he was signed and has had his contract extended on a couple of occasions since. The guy is perfectly entitled to make a living. 

Edited by Kyle