Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

How has the wee Ukrainian (?) lad progressed? I remember you had high hopes for him.

Was probably our best player in the opener against Annan and hasn’t started since. Got on with 5 minutes left on Tuesday…

16 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Overheard the groundsMan outside the Muirton say it’s “fine for f**k sakes.” To someone chatting to him….

Yes but, given the state of the club, you could perm any one from the many current issues. Maybe he's been tasked with scouting GK's. 😂 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

How has the wee Ukrainian (?) lad progressed? I remember you had high hopes for him.

He's done alright. Keen to see if he has end product as we've not seen that yet.

He's too young for Davidson though as we know though. He'll end up out on loan if we sign someone else. 

6 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Parish getting all 4 league cup games while Sinclair’s on the bench and we’re now already out. What’s that about?

I wonder if it's so he can still play for two clubs this season depending on how first loan works out?

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Yes, Ukrainian. He's done very well in the time he's had (I think). Bags of energy and attitude, willing to make an impact, doesn't hide. Likes winning a soft free kick, shows for the ball and takes players on. 

Still really young and definitely has mistakes in him. Missed a penalty in Dumfries which is a shame but I don't think for a minute it will dent his confidence.

None of that matters though, it's all about trust. 

On that note .... our bench. Sweet Jesus. 2 players with any real time in the team. What's the plan if May's injured?

4 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Parish getting all 4 league cup games while Sinclair’s on the bench and we’re now already out. What’s that about?

The reasoning folk are making for the decision was so it wont prevent him playing for another 2 sides this season. Dont think Davidson has ever said either way.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Only seen him briefly but he looks a bit shy of top flight football just now, as a regular. Hes not had much chance to impress anyway as we frantically try and get some 33yos up to fitness ahead of him.

Worry he'll get chucked in when we're struggling to try and gain favour with the fans and end up a form of scapegoat.

I wonder if it's so he can still play for two clubs this season depending on how first loan works out?

Only seen him briefly but he looks a bit shy of top flight football just now, as a regular. Hes not had much chance to impress anyway as we frantically try and get some 33yos up to fitness ahead of him.
Worry he'll get chucked in when we're struggling to try and gain favour with the fans and end up a form of scapegoat.

I think that's it, it must be protecting Sinclair's loan status.

This makes sense, cheers. Not giving Max K any more serious game time since the Annan game doesn’t though sadly. Where would be the harm in giving him a game today to see if he’s someone who might be able to contribute from the off this season? Makes me think Davidson has already decided he’s too young and will be either loaned out or given the odd game 10 minutes off the bench if we’re desperate, which is a real shame.

A lot of fans of other clubs must be confused as to how the fans of any Scottish club can hate their double winning manager. I get it. When you look at it on paper it is mental that we hate him. 

Nonetheless. f**k callum Davidson. f**k him so fucking much until he fucking leaves. Get the f**k out you fucking fud. 

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Yup.

Probably because they're not able to do it for League games they've dropped offering ppv completely. 

Although will be available overseas for SaintsTV subscribers I imagine. 

It is not available for overseas. Not a single game has been this season despite the fact I've been paying over the whole summer. Not a single courtesy message from the club to advise that actually the league Cup games we pay for wouldn't be shown. Still absolutely zero idea whether any of the actual league games will be shown. Zero communication. 

f**k St Johnstone. f**k the board. f**k the management. 

15 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

It is not available for overseas. Not a single game has been this season despite the fact I've been paying over the whole summer. Not a single courtesy message from the club to advise that actually the league Cup games we pay for wouldn't be shown. Still absolutely zero idea whether any of the actual league games will be shown. Zero communication. 

You'll get 3 interviews over the season behind that pay wall though 😬

To run a subscription service you need to know what your doing. Consistent content etc. Evidently not happening just now and is just being seen as donation service.

35 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

The don't make it easy do they 

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Crying out for a target man but apart from that it’s been decent enough. Hard to judge it properly though, Ayr are guff. 

Big difference with the midfield with Davidson not in it as well. 

Ball moves much quicker and given a way much less. So far anyway.

Is there a 14 day cooling off period on new signings? Very shaky cameo from McGowan in the middle of the back 3. Hopefully just needs games and he’ll pick up but that was a concerning start. Considine did look sharper today though so maybe a similar story with McGowan. 

Team getting booed off after a win days a lot. Absolutely no desire to put that game away in the second half, and that defence looks like it has mistakes in it as well.