Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The Snodgrass story seemed to start with him going to Motherwell, then for some reason we were connected despite not needing (or wanting?) him, now he's linked with you lot. I think his agent is doing the rounds.

21 minutes ago, Radford said:

Is "Biscuits" his agent?

His agent/management is SMI (it's in his IG bio). I've no idea if that's the agency Preston works with or not.

We've been completely open about the fact that we've spoken with him, are keen to sign him and have made him an offer that we're waiting to hear back from him about. Hammell seemed happy to confirm all that in his pre-match press conference on Friday.

I didn't read the piece that mentioned St Johnstone and St Mirren as also having an interest - I think it was in the print edition of the Sunday Mail - but it doesn't seem to have gained any traction ie: I haven't seen Scott Burns mention anything about it.

@Coventry Saint mentioned it in the St Mirren thread yesterday as seeming like they were just a name that had been dropped in. I don't know if it was similarly the case for St Johnstone.

Edited by capt_oats

For a team that doesn't score goals if we did sign Snodgrass, we could realistically field a team with 6 players in it, who'd all class being an attacking midfielder/number 10 as their best role! Even Davidson isn't that stupid....ohhh wait!

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

His agent/management is SMI (it's in his IG bio). I've no idea if that's the agency Preston works with or not.

We've been completely open about the fact that we've spoken with him, are keen to sign him and have made him an offer that we're waiting to hear back from him about. Hammell seemed happy to confirm all that in his pre-match press conference on Friday.

I didn't read the piece that mentioned St Johnstone and St Mirren as also having an interest - I think it was in the Sunday Mail - but it doesn't seem to have gained any traction ie: I haven't seen Scott Burns mention anything about it.

@Coventry Saint mentioned it in the St Mirren thread yesterday as seeming like they were just a name that had been dropped in. I don't know if it was similarly the case for St Johnstone.

Preston works for ICM Stellar Sports

Just now, Charles Stiles said:

One of the biggest in the world! The way he's talked about on here I thought Preston ran his own agency from his spare room. 

It should be quite clear that folk are mainly just running with it as a joke now - not to say there aren't heavy links between the manager, his own agent and our attempts at recruitment - but obviously not everyone finds it funny...

9 minutes ago, Radford said:

It should be quite clear that folk are mainly just running with it as a joke now - not to say there aren't heavy links between the manager, his own agent and our attempts at recruitment - but obviously not everyone finds it funny...

Clearly a joke? Clearly not but I'll remember to burst out laughing the next time I see it. Thanks for letting me know. 

Cammy MacPherson signed for Saints on August 31 last year. Despite barely impressing and being fit for only 8/20 fixtures, the manager wanted to pay a fee and bring him to the club permanently in January on a two-and-a-half-year deal. As with everything it appears, what Callum wants, Callum gets.

He then managed to be available to start 5 of our final 17 Premiership games.

An impressive run of two consecutive starts is now likely to be followed by an absence of around 13 games.

When we return after the World Cup, we'll have played 59 games since Cammy MacPherson joined on loan. He'll have started 16 of them. Our replacement for Ali McCann...

12 minutes ago, Radford said:

Cammy MacPherson signed for Saints on August 31 last year. Despite barely impressing and being fit for only 8/20 fixtures, the manager wanted to pay a fee and bring him to the club permanently in January on a two-and-a-half-year deal. As with everything it appears, what Callum wants, Callum gets.

An impressive run of two consecutive starts is now likely to be followed by an absence of around 13 games.

When we return after the World Cup, we'll have played 59 games since Cammy MacPherson joined on loan. He'll have started 16 of them. Our replacement for Ali McCann...

You missed the most hilarious part, we offered him a PCA & St Mirren cancelled his initial loan.

33 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

You missed the most hilarious part, we offered him a PCA & St Mirren cancelled his initial loan.

Whatever the fee was - £50k was mooted at the time - for 5 matches. 

Mind when we used to be the best run small club in the land? 

51 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Whatever the fee was - £50k was mooted at the time - for 5 matches. 

Mind when we used to be the best run small club in the land? 

Irrespective of when he signed a pre contract, we would have had to pay a development fee for him anyway! the consensus at the time that if it was £50K would have been less than the fee would have been!  

I am not saying he was worth it or indeed we should have signed him just that was the way worked out! 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Mind when he trapped that ball against Hearts though...still lost the game obviously but it was some touch.

12 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Guessing the "Davidson in" faction have prevailed. 

Boyd out

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/scott-boyd-to-leave-his-role-as-head-of-football-operations

Here's the flowery statement around it.

Sounds like Boyd got another job lined up though. Probably wise enough to get out before any reputation he has is ruined. 

Ian Flaherty will work closely with Davidson over the last few weeks of the transfer window - assuming Davidson is pretty much in charge of recruitment. Great.

Worrying how quickly we seem to be going through back room staff. Robertson, Boyd and Grieve all in and away in the last 5 years. Clubs just limping along.

Edited by nelsjfc