Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Hes just thick as f**k and thinks brainlessly backing the norm and "going against the grain" makes him smarter than everyone else.

Presumably about 40 years ago he got something right when talking about patience paying off and since then hes just assumed its always the best course of action for everything.

I think the atmosphere yesterday was worse than any home game last season. The fact that the players are getting it equally tight, totally led to a toxic atmosphere. I turned round at one point to the guys around me, that’s the only time the crowd actually applauded our own team in the first half was for shielding a ball out of play, that’s what it’s come down to.

I’ve never come away from a game more angry than yesterday and I was at all the games last season at home, I was at Kelty, but this season is just worse for whatever reason and honestly there are literally no positives around the club right now. 

I’m not a footballing tactician, I’m a simple man. However all I could think at halftime was get Murphy on for Hallberg and move to a back 4. 

He did nothing. Instead we went back out with the same side, left a man unmarked and went 2 down, there was little to no fight. 

Last season, players were pulling their weight, I’m not seeing it this year, which begs the question, has Callum lost the dressing room? If so, then he’s not recovering it. 

54 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/476529175824207/permalink/2990875837722849/

I’d honestly recommend reading the comments. It’s at the stage now where he doesn’t even annoy me, I just feel sorry for him. He’s actually enjoyed this season…

I'm not allowed back onto the Banter page I don't think - reapplied a few days ago and still pending.

I only want back in to give him some shit anyway 😂

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m not a footballing tactician, I’m a simple man. However all I could think at halftime was get Murphy on for Hallberg and move to a back 4. 

He did nothing. Instead we went back out with the same side, left a man unmarked and went 2 down, there was little to no fight. 

Last season, players were pulling their weight, I’m not seeing it this year, which begs the question, has Callum lost the dressing room? If so, then he’s not recovering it. 

I just assumed he'd keep the same 11 on but move them to a 4-4-2, when it was clear he wasn't making subs.

Didnt even get annoyed when it became obvious he hadnt changed anything, shouldve expected it really.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes just thick as f**k and thinks brainlessly backing the norm and "going against the grain" makes him smarter than everyone else.

Presumably about 40 years ago he got something right when talking about patience paying off and since then hes just assumed its always the best course of action for everything.

Oh who does that sound like?

Got something right once and thinks if he just keeps doing the same thing over and over and over again it will keep working.

Also claims never to have heard of P&B or WAP.

EEEEJIT!

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

He'd lost the dressing room by Kelty last year and it was compounded when they shipped seven (going on double figures) at Celtic Park. He was saved because there were four or five playing for a move.

Who from this squad is moving up the way this summer if their contract runs out?

But that's not to say there aren't some decent players in the group, that could do much better with a fresh voice.

It would probably have to be Liam Craig until the summer at this stage but that's worked for Aberdeen and Motherwell, albeit their guys have notably more experience.

Unfortunately I expect the silence to be deafening from McDiarmid Park this week, other than the usual tosh from Davidson in his press stuff.

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So...despite having lost more games we're now on the same points as last season after the same number of games.

What a carry on.

Screenshot2023-04-09at14_46_01.thumb.png.6668c0013198aacf800f65b345332a12.png

Screenshot2023-04-09at14_45_04.thumb.png.f149cef9a5596dc50e27c7b6298efb4d.png

Looks like we've lost more games this season than last, at this stage 😂

I have a season ticket (and have had for a long time) and haven’t been to a game since Dec. I live in Edinburgh and have zero motivation to drag myself to Perth on a Saturday afternoon. 

I don’t even miss my St Johnstone fix. 

I’ll probably go to Livi on Saturday as it’s a 20 minute drive and convenient but I honestly can’t see me being back this season for a league game at McD and feel pretty sure I won’t be renewing. It’s not like I can’t get a ticket for any game I would want individually, and there is almost zero entertainment value that justifies shelling out for an ST. 

Been spending my Saturday’s going to watch ice hockey instead - ticket £11 and guaranteed 2.5 hours of great sport and entertainment. My partner and I can get a season ticket each for the ice hockey next season and have money left over for a nice meal and a few beers, for the cost of oneSt Johnstone ST. 

And that’s really the thing isn’t it. There are far better, more entertaining things to spend money on than watching St Johnstone just now. 

We have lost our character and everything that has made us who we are over the last 20 years or so. 

I can’t even imagine myself feeling this or considering anything like this before. What a mess we’re in. 

Edited by John Bonham

52 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I don't know how more stark it needs to be. The decision makers at the club are dithering us into the diddy leagues.

Convinced for months we're just going to freeze and make no decisions at all. 

Waiting for a sale that isn't coming anytime soon.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe