Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Never heard of him before today so *shrugs* not a clue about him, but those who have seen him seem to have been impressed and think he'll be number one.

A better calibre of keeper than i was expecting us to get tbh, and id be pretty chuffed with it. A bad keeper can absolutely doom you and while Sinclairs been impressive so far we dont know exactly what hes like.

Having a capable keeper in the wings if Sinclair struggles seems ideal. Wonder if itll be Mannus/Clark-esque when theyll both get chances throughout the season.

First signing needed to be a positive one and i think he would be.

While we're without question reducing the budget significantly 18 players out surely still leaves something in the wage budget to allow for 3 coming in on reasonably big wages (for Saints standards). 

Meaning we might be able to attract good quality and still reducing the wage bill. 

3 hours ago, Nelly78 said:

I'm all for a more exciting, higher pressing, more energetic style. Slight concerns about doing it with a small squad though, as it will could well lead to a heck of a lot of fatigue based injuries, late goals being conceded as we tire, etc. There's a reason teams that play this way successfully usually have larger squads.

I also remain wholly unconvinced that a number of our current players have the energy and/or skill set to play this style.....

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen tbh.

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

£4 million pounds to put last seasons squad together. Unfathomable why Davidson was allowed to do that, and why no one at the club stepped in to say enough is enough. 

Flax being given free reign by wee Broon was a disaster. Stan rightly took one look at the figures and promptly got rid. What the f**k was Bulletproof actually doing? 

Daily record reporting Mitov is due for a medical and will sign tomorrow as our new first choice goalkeeper.  He's turned down English championship and league one interest to come to us. 

Playing budget up to £10m IMO 

Mitov shows a bit of ambition IMO. Could easily have gone for a Jamie MacDonald or Trevor Carson to ensure we have a strong back up to Sinclair if required.

One thing's for sure: a 26-year-old goalkeeper with 150+ appearances in England is not coming in to gladly sit on the bench.

46 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Flax being given free rein by wee Broon was a disaster. Stan rightly took one look at the figures and promptly got rid. What the f**k was Bulletproof actually doing? 

The success we had under him, was despite him not because of him. His da having to stand there and applaud him at the Livi game was galling. 

He was like an absentee landlord throughout.

7 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

The success we had under him, was despite him not because of him. His da having to stand there and applaud him at the Livi game was galling. 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Edited by Radford

1 hour ago, gingermunkie said:

Enjoyed some nice golf away days though and even managed to get out to Hercules.

2 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

What would you have done differently? Granted the last couple of years were notable by his absence, but I'm not sure what else he could have done before that. His 'bulletproof' interview was a disaster, but otherwise I think did a pretty good job.

I'm not certain he ever wanted the job in the first place, but he took it on regardless. That in itself is worthy of praise.

I'm certainly not his biggest fan, as he has definitely made big mistakes. Having said that, I don't think he deserves that the last few years paint the picture for his tenure as a whole 

Fair play to you, Mitov is a very good signing. Given our uncertainty over the position currently, I'm slightly jealous.

When you look at the untried kid Dundee have just signed as a goalie and Killie scouring the lower reaches of League 2 to replace Walker, it makes it all the more impressive.