Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Alex Ferguson off to QOTS on loan. Someone coming in?

When I seen it just there my first thought was. 

"They're moving out a few of the younger lads to free up enough wage to try and bring someone in". 

Someone must be coming in though as there's no way we let 2-3 young lads go out on loan without someone coming in due to the threadbare state of the squad already. Surely?

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

QOS seems a good move for Ferguson.

Open meeting said MacLean was restricted to a squad of 25. Assume thats been bumped up a few due to injuries and results, but even then youre looking at 27/28 likely.

If you include Parker and Steven then i dont think we're far off that, if not at it, already. Maybe 1/2 spots left to reach the higher number.

Also, will we reach 3 figures for fans at Celtic away? £33 to watch us get thumped. A waste of time and money all round. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Also, will we reach 3 figures for fans at Celtic away? £33 to watch us get thumped. A waste of time and money all round. 

What a very clear differentiator in prices when you compare the one for Celtic away vs the home tickets on the same communication. Yes, I know Celtic fans will say about quality of opposition etc, but a near £30 difference in ticket price for a parent to take a kid to watch their team play one week to the next is incredible.

Will be a horrifically low Saints crowd all things being considered. 

52 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

While he's definitely a complete moron and running 80 yards to do what he did was very unnecessary....

"endangering the lives of football fans" is the line that's being used. No one was going to die. 

21 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

See one of the units, I think the old apb processing plant, is available across from McDiarmid.

Another chance to get that P&B superpub built.

Could use the building as is and would still be cleaner and smell better than the 208 did!

Prime location for a row of shops with a Greggs and a takeaway of some sort. Being perth though, it will end up flats. 

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

While he's definitely a complete moron and running 80 yards to do what he did was very unnecessary....

"endangering the lives of football fans" is the line that's being used. No one was going to die. 

I personally think it is all an overreaction. Aye, he was stupid, but equally stupid was someone launching it onto the pitch in the first place.

Should all have been a wee word/warning from the police afterwards and everyone move on. 

31 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

See one of the units, I think the old apb processing plant, is available across from McDiarmid.

Another chance to get that P&B superpub built.

The old meat factorys been empty for years now, maybe a decade? Seemingly riddled with asbestos which means the costs skyrocket to do anything with.

The old subaru/toyota/nissan garage empty now too, but i doubt theyd sell that for anything other than garage work considering how much was spent getting it in that shape.

31 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I saw the incident on TV live and in my opinion he was only kicking it from the pitch to not damage the grass. The fact it ended in the stand was only bad luck and who was the idiot saints fan who threw it? He gets off scot free, seems wrong to me.

The court case is total nonsense.

12 minutes ago, Broughty said:

I saw the incident on TV live and in my opinion he was only kicking it from the pitch to not damage the grass. The fact it ended in the stand was only bad luck and who was the idiot saints fan who threw it? He gets off scot free, seems wrong to me.

He kicked a live flare towards a group of people.

Its his own fault hes ended up in court over it, not "bad luck".

11 minutes ago, Broughty said:

It definitely wasn't an accident.

He ran 80+ yards and kicked it as hard as he could into that crowd. It landed about 8 rows in front of me and I was probably 8-9 rows from the back of the stand. 

He still didn't endanger anyone's life like the article seems to suggest. Although I think that's them quoting the court proceedings rather than the reports view. 

His motive wasn't to hurt anyone either but he was a bit stupid. Ideally if they were going to do something in court it should have been done like 6+ months ago rather than it hanging on this long to fine him £400 🤦‍♂️

14 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

It definitely wasn't an accident.

He ran 80+ yards and kicked it as hard as he could into that crowd. It landed about 8 rows in front of me and I was probably 8-9 rows from the back of the stand. 

He still didn't endanger anyone's life like the article seems to suggest. Although I think that's them quoting the court proceedings rather than the reports view. 

His motive wasn't to hurt anyone either but he was a bit stupid. Ideally if they were going to do something in court it should have been done like 6+ months ago rather than it hanging on this long to fine him £400 🤦‍♂️

A full and frank admission by the Dees that they were all wrong at the time and a 3 month custodial sentence should see everyone happy.

Edited by Fife Saint