Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

There’s bound to be some cheap comment available about a Saints fan suffering an eye bleeding injury…
but I hope no one sinks that low.

Happened last Thursday and i was tempted to make a joke about the Aberdeen game causing it, tbh, but not been allowed/able to use my phone for long enough to do that rather than message family.

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

@RandomGuy. I hope you make a full recovery. Take as much time to heal through rest and recovery. 

What caused this accident? 

Got to remove a metal sleeve as part of a job. Cut a slot with a grinder and then use a hammer and chisel to break it so it can be removed.

Done it hundreds of times and just got too confident it wouldnt go wrong.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Got to remove a metal sleeve as part of a job. Cut a slot with a grinder and then use a hammer and chisel to break it so it can be removed.

Done it hundreds of times and just got too confident it wouldnt go wrong.

Had to do one cut with the grinder on Wednesday and couldn’t be bothered finding the safety glasses. Disc shattered.

After trying to show ‘good practice’ to the young lad helping I showed how not to do it.  
“don’t ever let me do that again”

Only takes one time, especially with eyes.  Must really hurt! Nasty, hope it heals well!

9 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

Had to do one cut with the grinder on Wednesday and couldn’t be bothered finding the safety glasses. Disc shattered.

After trying to show ‘good practice’ to the young lad helping I showed how not to do it.  
“don’t ever let me do that again”

Only takes one time, especially with eyes.  Must really hurt! Nasty, hope it heals well!

Luckily for me it wasnt the grinder, just a bit of metal chipped off at the chisel stage. Grinders are brutal things really but so easy to get cocky with them when using them every day.

3 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

On FlashScore app as being suspended so wasn’t sure. Nothings been said in the build up.

Think 6 yellows is the suspension mark so they maybe automatically show it as a suspension on there?

Sure it "resets" after 19 games though, of sorts, and he'll be available.

2 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Kjeltens in midfield with Fran at wing back possibly?

Yeah, that would be my first thought. Or vice versa, but the midfield would surely be far too powderpuff if it comprised of C Smith, Franczak, Max and Carey. 

Either way, I feel for Sven.

15 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Wtf is that line-up. 

Such a lightweight midfield, would have thought they would have learned their lesson after Airdrie in the cup. Sven has to be in their for max to have a bit of aggression in the midfield too.