Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Did someone not say Sidebeh(sp?) ‘s agent is Willie McStay? He’s gonna be in the papers constantly.

My hope is that we have enough gumption about us to keep him unless it’s properly decent money. However last decade of transfers expose us as a soft touch.

4 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Did someone not say Sidebeh(sp?) ‘s agent is Willie McStay? He’s gonna be in the papers constantly.

Yeah Willie McKay, the agent of Sala who died on a dodgy flight to Cardiff, and who is currently destroying a English club at a level I've forgotten by making ego signings they can't afford.

The fact Nixon is reporting that there's a "tug of war" for Sidibeh Internationally (he says Gambia and Senegal are competing), 3 days after "revealing" Sidibeh had picked Gambia, and the same day Sidibeh gets called up and says its a dream to play for Gambia, probably hints that he's just seen all the rumours and is throwing darts about so he can join in.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

My hope is that we have enough gumption about us to keep him unless it’s properly decent money. However last decade of transfers expose us as a soft touch.

This.

I think there’s a mid ground here tbh. These clubs probably won’t bid any more than ~£250k for a player who, let’s face it, is still relatively unproven at our level, let alone theirs. Added to that, you’d hope Saints wouldn’t lie down for that kind of figure when he has two years left on his deal. Especially with the new regime incoming.

He’ll be up front at Glebe!

Edited by perthsaints99

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah Willie McKay, the agent of Sala who died on a dodgy flight to Cardiff, and who is currently destroying a English club at a level I've forgotten by making ego signings they can't afford.

The fact Nixon is reporting that there's a "tug of war" for Sidibeh Internationally (he says Gambia and Senegal are competing), 3 days after "revealing" Sidibeh had picked Gambia, and the same day Sidibeh gets called up and says its a dream to play for Gambia, probably hints that he's just seen all the rumours and is throwing darts about so he can join in.

Doncaster City, isn’t it? Signed McCormack and Mulgrew. 

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You don’t have to delve very deep into Google to discover he’s clearly a bit of a w*nker.

8 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

You don’t have to delve very deep into Google to discover he’s clearly a bit of a w*nker.

His Wikipedia is some laugh. 

Investigation

Arrests

Experiment

Death

We don't have to sell lads, don't worry. We also have a very intelligent lawyer coming in as owner in the next working week. There's not a hope in hell we are a 'soft touch' anymore.

You want the boy Hull? You want to move Adama? End of season once you've actually done something and 3.5M please, thanks.

1 hour ago, perthsaints99 said:

This.

I think there’s a mid ground here tbh. These clubs probably won’t bid any more than ~£250k for a player who, let’s face it, is still relatively unproven at our level, let alone theirs. Added to that, you’d hope Saints wouldn’t lie down for that kind of figure when he has two years left on his deal. Especially with the new regime incoming.

He’ll be up front at Glebe!

Agree with this. He's still a lot to prove and it's not as if his goal scoring record with us is amazing. Aside from clearly an agent touting him, I suspect his techy stats must be enough to trigger a few on these clubs.

If a bid is a couple of hundred k, then we don't sell as that money is not enough to really make that big a difference. When you start to get to £500k upwards, the club has a decision to make, as let's face it, he is unproven and that turnaround for a player who we only signed a few months ago would be pretty impressive. Plus, we have possibly sold ourselves to him and Benji etc as a club who will give a platform to showcase and sell on. Ditto in Mitov. 

Will be interesting to see how the new owner dynamic changes things when it comes to transfers. If we are seen to be having a bit of finance behind us, it maybe puts prices up slightly for our players. 

Adama doesn’t strike me as the type who’d down tools and kick up a fuss. He knows saints have given him a chance from the lower levels in England and he genuinely seems happy to simply be playing football. He probably backs himself to play at a higher level as any player should, but as others have said he hasn’t done anything to warrant it just yet. If these teams were watching him previously then they’d have signed him when he was buttons, for now it’s just agent talk for sure. If we get a bid then it’s a different game, but £250k does us no good, if we can get upwards of £700/800k then you’re in a different ball game as that helps cover losses for the season, etc. Anyway it’s all rumours and heresay right now, he’ll still be a saints player come September I reckon. 

Cammy McPherson has signed a new 1 year contract. 

Sensible given his injury record. Levein's clearly a fan as well. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I hope it's on reduced terms, otherwise it's a poor decision.

4 minutes ago, The Marly said:

I hope it's on reduced terms, otherwise it's a poor decision.

This was my thoughts, 1 year is fine makes total sense, but it has to be on a reduced term and he knows it's last chance saloon. Can't say I'm happy about the decision though. 

22 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Not sure what part of him signing a new contract is good. Why would you want to give a contract to a player who can’t pass, beat a man, head the ball, tackle, track runners or stay injury free. Apart from that I suppose it’s fine.

12 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Not sure what part of him signing a new contract is good. Why would you want to give a contract to a player who can’t pass, beat a man, head the ball, tackle, track runners or stay injury free. Apart from that I suppose it’s fine.

Forgot to add he can’t shoot, cross the ball or take set pieces either.

19 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Where did I say I would've given him a new contract or think it's good? If we are extending it, a 1 year deal is sensible and Levein has talked him up for a while now. Him staying isn't a shock. 

I'd have released him for the record (along with at least a couple of others who are apparently in contract discussions). 

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Where did I say I would've given him a new contract or think it's good? If we are extending it, a 1 year deal is sensible and Levein has talked him up for a while now. Him staying isn't a shock. 

I'd have released him for the record (along with at least a couple of others who are apparently in contract discussions). 

One thing that baffles me,I see it often

Folk saying things like .Hope he's on reduced terms!

Would you? If your work said "Hey I'm cutting your pay by 10 % or whatever? Would you say aye ?

Don't think any player ,let alone Club Captain,who is one of mentioned players some one suggested he should take a cut 

Nae chance.in my opinion 

Just now, THE FAT MAN said:

One thing that baffles me,I see it often

Folk saying things like .Hope he's on reduced terms!

Would you? If your work said "Hey I'm cutting your pay by 10 % or whatever? Would you say aye ?

Don't think any player ,let alone Club Captain,who is one of mentioned players some one suggested he should take a cut 

Nae chance.in my opinion 

"Well off you pop then" should be Saints reply.