Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And may have been the cause of repeated muscle injuries....

Well indeed, but having a competent fitness set up in the first place wouldn't have led to that.

Either way a clear out of the backroom staff was needed and that potentially included goalkeeping coach, etc. The cleaner the slate the better as far as concerned, even if the next bit might be just as messed up! 

Hoping the silence on incoming players is a sign of the TW days returning when players arrived without any rumours.

Feel at least 3 or 4 signings need to be brought in ahead of League Cup whilst further signings likely towards end of window, I reckon.

Depending on the quality of incoming signings, coupled with those made in past January window (Sidibeh, Kimpioka, Keltjens), I reckon Levein may have an eye for a player so would be better suited in a DOF role going forward whilst supporting a Rhys McCabe style manager. That allows Gus to move on.

Won't happen immediately but succession planning would be good.

Would be good to hear from Adam Webb or the club in terms of takeover / vision etc. Fan engagement is vital and no better time than fixtures being announced.

20 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Hoping the silence on incoming players is a sign of the TW days returning when players arrived without any rumours.

Feel at least 3 or 4 signings need to be brought in ahead of League Cup whilst further signings likely towards end of window, I reckon.

Depending on the quality of incoming signings, coupled with those made in past January window (Sidibeh, Kimpioka, Keltjens), I reckon Levein may have an eye for a player so would be better suited in a DOF role going forward whilst supporting a Rhys McCabe style manager. That allows Gus to move on.

Won't happen immediately but succession planning would be good.

Would be good to hear from Adam Webb or the club in terms of takeover / vision etc. Fan engagement is vital and no better time than fixtures being announced.

Sadly take over is still in progress. I assume we will have to wait until at least the next SFA meeting for anything to be completed. 

Once Mr. Webb is in place I would expect more communication on vision / next steps. But again would not expect anything too drastic in near future. I’m sure he already said he doesn’t want to say anything until deal is completed.

Keeping everything crossed that this is not holding up any signings and that Mr Levein has a good network of contacts. 

5 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Ikpeazu burst himself at home 3-4 weeks ago. Knee cartilage 

Shagging in the shower IMO. 

And the three keepers are getting a chance before Craigy makes his mind up about bringing in a more experienced one. Or not. 

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Rumours Clark is out too. 😬

He doesn't appear in any training videos or photos tbf. Had thought Levein mentioned him when talking about Ikpeazus injury but re-read the Courier article and he doesn't.

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He doesn't appear in any training videos or photos tbf. Had thought Levein mentioned him when talking about Ikpeazus injury but re-read the Courier article and he doesn't.

Clark was in the training photo from the other day.
Would expect if it was a significant injury then Levein would have mentioned it in the interview.  But as has been mentioned it is just a waiting game for Clark to be out injured. 

IMG_5258.png

10 minutes ago, supersaint44 said:

Clark was in the training photo from the other day.
Would expect if it was a significant injury then Levein would have mentioned it in the interview.  But as has been mentioned it is just a waiting game for Clark to be out injured. 

IMG_5258.png

Cheers, you've a better eye than me, couldn't see him at all 😂

Just discovered Ross Tokely is manager of Nairn County, so expect we'll see injuries tomorrow night.