Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Although I haven’t seen him play loads of times, anytime I saw Max Anderson I thought he was ok. 

Max is a good player , Cammy can do a job as well , and I’d keep them both at dens , but they will be let go , Zac he’s something else though as you’ll have saw fir yourself , think we’d pay you to take him 

I like us in a white away kit and there is just about enough white in that for me, same as the one from a couple of seasons ago.

Only decent yellow one we've had was the 1994-96 one. The Alan Storrar ones killed that as a colour for me.

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Issue might be more that Adama is lacking in base fitness that comes with years of full time training. 

He could be struggling with his first full time pre season. I would imagine it would be a big step up from a pre season at Warrington etc

www.youtube.com/@derektaylor84

To be fair, if you are a professional nowadays, you shouldn't really need that long off to 'recover'. It's not like back in the day where players went off for 3 months, got fat and pre season was to burn it all off. Players would have been sent away with training schedules etc, so whether Adama and Max had 2,3,4 or 5 weeks off, shouldn't matter too much.

Mentally they might be a bit more knackered, but you can sort that with short breaks during pre season.

Issue might be more that Adama is lacking in base fitness that comes with years of full time training. 

I think you’re talking about something completely different, as in when players did nothing all summer and came back a stone overweight!  Most professional footballers in Scotland haven’t been like that for a couple of decades.

All athletes need to have a break from training at the same intensity. To let their body recover and to maximise performance and stop you from going stale; in other sports they talk about periodisation of training. You can’t maintain your top level constantly.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I think you’re talking about something completely different, as in when players did nothing all summer and came back a stone overweight!  Most professional footballers in Scotland haven’t been like that for a couple of decades.

All athletes need to have a break from training at the same intensity. To let their body recover and to maximise performance and stop you from going stale; in other sports they talk about periodisation of training. You can’t maintain your top level constantly.

That's my point. You can have them back in for pre season, but each players schedule can be different. Doesn't matter the number of weeks off, you could have them back at the same time as the others, but taylor the regimes for them at a lower intensity. I'm fairly certain Asama and Max will be given lighter training than the rest, probably along with some older players or those who have niggles.

What club can then do is give mini breaks to allow the downtime.

Personally, I think we overworked the same core players last season and needed some players to take time away, but the performances didn't allow for that. You'd hope a better start and more settled squad this year would give guys like Clark days off here and there to recover. 

On 29/06/2024 at 15:06, PSJ.84 said:

Cocks playing behind May in second half. 

That's my point. You can have them back in for pre season, but each players schedule can be different. Doesn't matter the number of weeks off, you could have them back at the same time as the others, but taylor the regimes for them at a lower intensity. I'm fairly certain Asama and Max will be given lighter training than the rest, probably along with some older players or those who have niggles.

What club can then do is give mini breaks to allow the downtime.

Personally, I think we overworked the same core players last season and needed some players to take time away, but the performances didn't allow for that. You'd hope a better start and more settled squad this year would give guys like Clark days off here and there to recover. 

Their job is to play football, which I assume is what they have always wanted to do. They train a bit, and play once or twice a week, with quite a few breaks for international matches, plus a Summer break of several weeks. Some, not all admittedly, are really well paid for quite a short working week. Most still come home with a decent wage though.

Don't get this tiredness thing.  Running around playing football for a living is a jolly!

Just now, Saintdunc said:

Their job is to play football, which I assume is what they have always wanted to do. They train a bit, and play once or twice a week, with quite a few breaks for international matches, plus a Summer break of several weeks. Some, not all admittedly, are really well paid for quite a short working week. Most still come home with a decent wage though.

Don't get this tiredness thing.  Running around playing football for a living is a jolly!

Tbf he wont be long back from Gambia and Gabon. 

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Perth Levein Jambuns FC.

Thank you.

Cancelling players flights and contracts. Oh dear oh dear. 

still no paid your tic I presume? 

Thank you. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cancelling players flights and contracts. Oh dear oh dear. 

still no paid your tic I presume? 

Thank you. 

I'd be more concerned with your own teams current predicament, this seasons Livingston. IMO.

All the best.

Thank you.