Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Nat King Goals said:

Anyone know what entrance gate is open at McDiarmid daytime, please? (i.e Crieff Road or round by new road near Crematorium).

Planning on taking my kids to get their new Saints tops.  

The one at crematorium end.

Just looking at Swansea City. They paid €2 million for Kukharevych last summer following his loan at Hibs. These clubs all have plenty of money and Saints need to stand firm.

29 minutes ago, Radford said:

Just looking at Swansea City. They paid €2 million for Kukharevych last summer following his loan at Hibs. These clubs all have plenty of money and Saints need to stand firm.

Totally agree with @Radford

IMO there needs to be a re-set across Scottish Premiership clubs to hold firm as a collective towards English clubs - this would send a strong message across that Scotland is no longer a cheap market.

Difficulty with the collective aspect is that each club has very different financial structures / issues that may see some clubs buckle to English club ££'s and accept lower bids.

It could be that Saints, under Mr Webb's ownership, could lead the way for Scottish clubs (outwith OF, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs) going forward on this.

Mr Webb comes across as a very intelligent and astute businessman - it would certainly lay down a marker were he to either reject high future bids for Sidibeh or sell at an inflated price us fans consider to be beyond expected value.

Add me to the list of lifelong Saints fans desperate for something to get excited about, now getting excited about our new fearless leader’s words and glorious American twang. 

It’s got me thinking about the invitation for ideas from the fans. In addition to new tarmac, what else do folk think can be improved around McDiarmid Park for the fans?

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

Measuring up for a price

Folk who had their caravans on the old farm site next to ground will have been there within 2 mins offering their services...

On Adama, I suspect he will be away before the league season starts. No idea of figures offered etc, but 100% his agent (and possibly saints) consciously let the fact there was a bid become public.

If the cash is recycled into the playing budget, then I'd sell, if not, we can all marvel at the Adama funded car park. 

14 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Add me to the list of lifelong Saints fans desperate for something to get excited about, now getting excited about our new fearless leader’s words and glorious American twang. 

It’s got me thinking about the invitation for ideas from the fans. In addition to new tarmac, what else do folk think can be improved around McDiarmid Park for the fans?

They want people to go more and spend more like all businesses. 

Make going to the ground for a beer remotely appealing. Muirton Suite is tired and the quality of product provided is awful. The pints are usually horrendous flat or polar opposite where it requires 2 pints to be poured away for every one served. Longer term they could expand it as well to allow for away fans to come to the ground with busses as well. £££.

They could look at refreshing what's stocked as well. More local products? Along side a redecoration and redesign of the room layout to improve so that the second it gets busy there's no point going to the bar.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

13 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Renovate the Muirton Suite. 

improved Matchday catering services. 

Refurbishment of the concourses under the East stand. 

Just now, mizfit said:

Renovate the Muirton Suite. 

improved Matchday catering services. 

Refurbishment of the concourses under the East stand. 

Appreciate this is "in an ideal world"

Could they expand out at the back of the East Stand?

Wider concourse area with a bar area in it somewhere? 

A few lower league English clubs have the turnstiles that lead directly into a sports bar type area with exits at the opposite end into the stand itself. 

Would love that kind of thing.

2 hours ago, Radford said:

The bottom one will definitely be open now as I think they've closed all the top ones for vehicular access outside of matchdays.

There were some visitors in the car park one morning I believe. And they weren't even there to tarmac the carpark.

Thanks for confirming re entrance gates. Was indeed the entrance down by Crematorium.

Kids happy with their Saints tops now and doing my bit for the USA revolution!

27 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Appreciate this is "in an ideal world"

Could they expand out at the back of the East Stand?

Wider concourse area with a bar area in it somewhere? 

A few lower league English clubs have the turnstiles that lead directly into a sports bar type area with exits at the opposite end into the stand itself. 

Would love that kind of thing.

Expanding out would likely be expensive and impractical with the training grounds behind it. 

Im thinking more along the lines of a lick of paint, chilled drinks, improved Tannoy system and new seats. 

Maybe even a new scoreboard if I’m being greedy. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Expanding out would likely be expensive and impractical with the training grounds behind it. 

Im thinking more along the lines of a lick of paint, chilled drinks, improved Tannoy system and new seats. 

Scoreboard number 18

16 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Dream big. In this day and age is Wi-Fi too much to ask for 

Renovate the Muirton suite? Get fucked, extend whatever is behind the walls into it and build an open air bar with entertainment stage at the top of the carpark. Incorporate the club shop with frontage beside the bus stop too. Build another for away fans down by the away car park but charge double, job done. Wouldn't cost too much TBF could even have fancy tarps over the home one just for a bit of class. Well that and so I can wear shorts/t shirt combo all year round without getting snow in my sliders.

Improvements to the stadium -

Car Park

Improved Fan Bar (Muirton Suite or elsewhere)

Improved kiosk area (paint, new tvs etc)

Safe Standing Section

Blue/White Seating

Replace scoreboard with LED screens (also allows increased advertising.)

Addition of Hospitality Boxes (can’t help but think there must be unused space in the top of the main stand. We have the security room etc but they all stop centrally. Private boxes with looking out into pitch possibly an idea).

Are we really at the point where Simon Murray is considered an exceptional signing and multiple teams are fighting over him? After one season of double-figures in five Premiership attempts overall?

What a sad indictment of Scottish football. Hopefully Adam Webb can play a major part in raising the overall standards again.