Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Just for balance, we haven't failed to qualify in the cup (yet).

A win on Saturday should see us through in 1st or 2nd, no?

Not all second place teams go through. think it's only 4?

You'd imagine there wouldn't be 4 other second places teams with 9 or more points though. 

Results in us probably getting a tougher draw in the next round too. Another cup giving the Old Firm the whole stadium fiasco again anyone?

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

You'd imagine there wouldn't be 4 other second places teams with 9 or more points though. 

Results in us probably getting a tougher draw in the next round too. Another cup giving the Old Firm the whole stadium fiasco again anyone?

The best 3 second placed sides qualify.

23 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Just for balance, we haven't failed to qualify in the cup (yet).

A win on Saturday should see us through in 1st or 2nd, no?

There's a thread in the cup section and I think it says we'd need to win heavily to qualify from 2nd, bar some surprise results.

Said it every time about MacPherson, I think he could be a functional, even a good player for us, but it really is a situation if he was half as good as he thought he was, he would be twice the player he actually is

Tommy Wright's teams were built on everyone understanding each other's strengths and limitations, we did all we could to maximise those strengths and cover for those limitations and I think time has shown just how good he really was.

This current team seems to be built on delusions of grandeur and in a way I sort of admire the absolute mindless confidence some of these players seem to have. Macpherson is the current whipping boy because of how much he throws his arms around and blames everyone else for his shortcomings, but he's not alone in trying to be far more than he is, failing at it and hurting the team as a result.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

There's a thread in the cup section and I think it says we'd need to win heavily to qualify from 2nd, bar some surprise results.

My hate for CD knows no bounds and sometimes I seem to have invented things to hate him for, but am I right in saying we had a game (maybe even against Morton) under him at home where we had to win 2-0 or more to go through, we went 1-0 up and just sat on it and went out as a result?

Just now, steviemay17 said:

My hate for CD knows no bounds and sometimes I seem to have invented things to hate him for, but am I right in saying we had a game (maybe even against Morton) under him at home where we had to win 2-0 or more to go through, we went 1-0 up and just sat on it and went out as a result?

Yeah in 22/23.

1-0 up against Ayr after 2 minutes and they sat on that, and fucked about with subs as if it was a friendly, when a 3-0 win would put us through.

23 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Yeah I'm aware, that's why I said it

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We should be winning heavily against East Fife.

Well 3 years ago we should.

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

He is fucking rubbish.

L1 level at best. Saw every game he played at Stirling and was a one trick wonder (cut in from left and shoot), not a team player and constantly dragging the ball. No idea what CL saw in him so not surprised. He'd be good at 5 a sides I reckon.

10 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

We should be winning heavily against East Fife.

This is currently the "best runners up" table...

Screenshot_20240724_183526_Chrome.thumb.jpg.452dbd34f551c9a2527ac3028e86b3c9.jpg

... we're on 6pts and +2.

Ignore the sides below these lots in the groups who could leapfrog them.

East Fife won't matter if we're imagining us finishing 2nd.

Partick are away to Motherwell, Spartans away to Livingston.

Annan have no more games.

Airdrie, Queens Park, Falkirk, and Raith, all have winnable games.

So you're looking at +6 being the minimum realistic goal difference target, so aye, we need to win by 4 or 5 to stand a chance if other results go as expected.

Feels like if we don't top the group then we're out, possibly on goal difference to Callum Davidsons Queens Park 😂

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is currently the "best runners up" table...

Screenshot_20240724_183526_Chrome.thumb.jpg.452dbd34f551c9a2527ac3028e86b3c9.jpg

... we're on 6pts and +2

East Fife won't matter if we're imagining us finishing 2nd.

Partick are away to Motherwell, Spartans away to Livingston.

Annan have no more games.

Airdrie, Queens Park, Falkirk, and Raith, all have winnable games.

So you're looking at +6 being the minimum realistic goal difference target, so aye, we need to win by 4 or 5 to stand a chance if other results go as expected.

Feels like if we don't top the group then we're out, possibly on goal difference to Callum Davidsons Queens Park 😂

Mon the Morton then! 😂

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

At least we'll not be signing Jamie MacDonald now. Too slow Craig!

Careful. We're not above paying fees for below par players who have just signed elsewhere. Always a chance he's related to a member of the coaching staff too. 

58 minutes ago, SA45 said:

L1 level at best. Saw every game he played at Stirling and was a one trick wonder (cut in from left and shoot), not a team player and constantly dragging the ball. No idea what CL saw in him so not surprised. He'd be good at 5 a sides I reckon.

One of several players who we've signed that have proven their level already in their career, even if they are younger players. None of them are the necessary standard.

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Adam Webb asking the fans to turn out and do their bit while Levein signs absolute shite, in a shite formation is some laugh.

If craig can’t work out what went wrong last night I’m sure dick Campbell will be able to see what the rest of us can and it will be another embarrassment!

Time is here for Webb to dig into his pockets and buy a couple of experienced centre backs and a new midfield otherwise this time next year he will be trying to find raith on a map of Scotland.

3 minutes ago, LarsGunnar Carlstrands Dog said:

If craig can’t work out what went wrong last night I’m sure dick Campbell will be able to see what the rest of us can and it will be another embarrassment!

Time is here for Webb to dig into his pockets and buy a couple of experienced centre backs and a new midfield otherwise this time next year he will be trying to find raith on a map of Scotland.

I think East Fife will have Minsk levels of trying to rattle our team mentally on show at the weekend, tbh.

Its a fragile squad and folk know that.