Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I’m feeling relatively positive after last night, not sure if it was simply because we were more entertaining than almost every other game in the last 3 seasons, or if it’s because there’s actually a bit of potential in this team.

Won’t go through everyone as I actually thought the majority got pass marks, but it is genuinely so nice to see some younger players with potential to get better over the course of a season… if that was the same group as last season knowing that was probably the best to come then I’d be worried, although I think almost every player in that side should improve over the season.

Neilson, Raymond, Cameron, Smith and Kimpioka the standouts for me. Actually didn’t think MacPherson had a bad game but I’ll accept I’m in the minority - seen plenty moans about his set pieces but he puts two corners on a plate for us to score first half and we don’t, there was one very poor free kick second half where he seemed to pull up injured before sprinting back with what looked like cramp to help stop a counter.

Onwards and upwards!

Controversial but I thought we were alright - certainly compared to the start of last season.

Thought Smith had a good game.

MacPherson isn't as shite as some of you lot make out, clearly the boy is a cock, but he put in a decent shift.

My main issue is the strikers, looked like headless chickens for much of the match.

If someone wants to give us money for Sidebeh, I'd be grabbing it and running.

Thought Rae was decent in goal too.

Very sore one for McClelland, hope it's not as bad as we fear.

Macpherson didn’t track his man for the second goal, slowed play down repeatedly and shitebagged out of challenges then retweeted Tommy Robinson. 

Not exactly a good night. Bin.

Rae

Keltjens Neilson Cameron Raymond

Wright Sprangler M.Smith Carey

Sidibeh Kimpioka

Get Kirk and Clark on when the strikers have run their race, maybe around the 65 minute mark.

Europe beckons. 

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Rae

Keltjens Neilson Cameron Raymond

Wright Sprangler M.Smith Carey

Sidibeh Kimpioka

Get Kirk and Clark on when the strikers have run their race, maybe around the 65 minute mark.

Europe beckons. 

Swap Sidebeh for Clark and we'd score goals

Folk shouldn't be afraid to talk about positives from last night. It will suit those outside of McDiarmid Park to make noise about us being poor as they want to create that negative narrative.

Everyone can see there was a spell in the middle of the first half where we really struggled but that apart we competed really well. Maybe more effort than quality at times but that's a good building block if they can maintain that.

Probably also more individually impressive aspects rather than team play but it's a new, young side and it will be up to the manager and the leaders to keep morale up. Disappointed the captain has made a mistake for the second goal but he has to use that as a personal motivation over the next few weeks.

Points are always important but we need to continue playing well over the next few weeks to generate some sort of momentum. We weren't dreadful at home to Hearts opening day a year ago (although were much better last night) but then followed it up with a dreadful performance in Dingwall. Sunday needs to lead on from last night.

6 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Macpherson didn’t track his man for the second goal, slowed play down repeatedly and shitebagged out of challenges then retweeted Tommy Robinson. 

Not exactly a good night. Bin.

Didn't know any of his other views until last night, but even before that really disliked him. He is not a very good player at all. Cannot read a game and is painfully slow. He broke up any form of pace we had last night when he was involved in the move.

I think folk saying he is alright or not that bad, have some blue tinted specs on as if he was playing against us, you be getting your players to press him as he is a bombscare when under pressure.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Some of your Trumpian owners have similar views so I can't see it.

You can take the high ground about owners when yours stops trying to scam families out of money, m8.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can take the high ground about owners when yours stops trying to scam families out of money, m8.

Charging prices which are clearly advertised in advance is not a "scam". The prices are ludicrously high but nobody is being forced to pay them, and indeed I'd encourage away fans not to in the hope that they wake up and realise it's too expensive.

I'd also say that charging £30 for away fans is probably not quite on the same scale as being part of the legislative mechanism that introduces repressive right-wing laws to one of the largest countries in the world, but that's maybe just me.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Charging prices which are clearly advertised in advance is not a "scam". The prices are ludicrously high but nobody is being forced to pay them, and indeed I'd encourage away fans not to in the hope that they wake up and realise it's too expensive.

I'd also say that charging £30 for away fans is probably not quite on the same scale as being part of the legislative mechanism that introduces repressive right-wing laws to one of the largest countries in the world, but that's maybe just me.

Charging different prices for the same view is a scam and the only group they've that to is family groups.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Charging different prices for the same view is a scam and the only group they've that to is family groups.

Sounds pretty right wing and scummy to me, tbh. 

MacPhersons issues are as much what he doesn't do as what he does. 

Graeme Shinnie is incredible at blocking off passing routes and it's hard to play around him due to that. MacPherson just hops about on a spot with no idea what's happening around him.

The 2nd goal is a great example of how he can't read a game too. A boy unmarked 16 yards out and a clear pass to him, and MacPherson turns his back to play and runs away from both the player and the passing route.

Then throws his hands about moaning.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Cami has locked his Twitter profile and it’s only visible to those who follow him. I sincerely regret unfollowing him last night in the heat of the moment. I could have acted as a mole.

Cowardly little weasel.