Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 minutes ago, stevensanph said:

The problem they have now is, any statement will be jumped on by Tommy Robinson and his fascist mob, leading to more bad press.

They really are in a pickle, and all because Cammy is an idiot. If I was Saints I would probably have radio silence and have Craig Levein say he's injured at the press conference (with the added bonus that it would be perfectly believable)

This is how I feel now too. There's nothing the club can say that won't be jumped on, so they should just say nothing. Regardless of what side you're on in all this, I reckon everyone can probably agree that this is a fight we don't want St Johnstone's name being dragged into.

It'll blow over soon anyway. If Levein's asked about it this week he can just say he doesn't know (which, handily, is also entirely believable).

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

There's no correlation between his response to it and his profile photo either. 

Just a total coincidence.

Oh... Yes he's actually a bigot. 

Just looked at his previous tweet... That was enough. Claims that Muslim graves down south could be a "mental health crisis" and not racism... 🤦‍♂️ top top level whereaboutary. 

https://x.com/currie_max/status/1821130959858659372?t=ALhzwMIG3-4v2A9bfcxNHw&s=19

Bald head away from a full house 

FWIW, you absolutely could make a strong argument for dismissal for this sort of conduct. You'd potentially have recourse to a gross misconduct finding, which might stick or the more general "some other substantial reason". There's explicit precedent in case law for sacking an employee because one or more third party will refuse to deal with that individual, or will refuse to deal with the employer whilst a particular individual remains involved. The employee doesn't necessarily have to have done something wrong for that to work, it's enough that the employer will suffer some material detriment if they remain employed.

Not suggesting you would necessarily win but there would certainly be an arguable case. 

If it was one of my employees being commented on in the local press and all over social media for reposting this stuff then he'd be gone. Only question would be whether we offered him a modest pay off or told him to spin and take our chances (we'd probably offer him a pay-off tbf but he'd be gone either way).

Edited by Pull My Strings

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

This is how I feel now too. There's nothing the club can say that won't be jumped on, so they should just say nothing. Regardless of what side you're on in all this, I reckon everyone can probably agree that this is a fight we don't want St Johnstone's name being dragged into.

It'll blow over soon anyway. If Levein's asked about it this week he can just say he doesn't know (which, handily, is also entirely believable).

Saying nothing and letting it blow over is fine, and exactly what I think should happen.  However if they end up doing nothing there is going to be a lasting resentment from a large number of fans. The best solution I see is to let it blow over and stop playing him (which between being rubbish and injured all the time makes a lot of sense)

6 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

If Levein's asked about it this week he can just say he doesn't know (which, handily, is also entirely believable).

Take it from me he's well into what goes on social media.

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I don’t envy the club their predicament or the decent fans who are critical of this moron’s actions.

Thanks for letting us know. We had all been waiting with bated breath for your opinion.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

6 minutes ago, stevensanph said:

Saying nothing and letting it blow over is fine, and exactly what I think should happen.  However if they end up doing nothing there is going to be a lasting resentment from a large number of fans. The best solution I see is to let it blow over and stop playing him (which between being rubbish and injured all the time makes a lot of sense)

I agree, and should also have said that I wouldn't be picking him in the team either.

30 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Thanks for letting us know. We had all been waiting with bated breath for your opinion.

Your mum should revoke your internet privileges.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Honestly f**king hate MacPherson for this now. Twitter is going to be unusable for Saints for months/years now because the rat faced c**t doesn't have a brain enough to realise what tweeting that video during the riots would cause.

It'll be shite at McDiarmid too when he trots onto the park and folk you've sat next to for years, and shared great moments beside, applaud him and go on some nutjob rant about the "woke mob" when you don't join in.

I'd just stop using it. It was the only social media I really used for about a decade, chucked it a year or so back after deliberating for ages. I honestly haven't missed it at all. In fact, it's been quite liberating.

As for MacPherson, I'd imagine his time is up at the club, it certainly should be. I doubt whether anyone else will be falling over themselves to give him a deal either. A stupid, stupid boy.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I'd just stop using it. It was the only social media I really used for about a decade, chucked it a year or so back after deliberating for ages. I honestly haven't missed it at all. In fact, it's been quite liberating.

As for MacPherson, I'd imagine his time is up at the club, it certainly should be. I doubt whether anyone else will be falling over themselves to give him a deal either. A stupid, stupid boy.

It really has collapsed into a right wing hellhole.  Elon Musk is a genuinely grim bad guy from a movie but in real life.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It really has collapsed into a right wing hellhole.  Elon Musk is a genuinely grim bad guy from a movie but in real life.  

It sounds a really unpleasant place now. I can understand a lot of folk only use it to keep up with their football team or whatever, but I think it's time for all decent people to delete their accounts. Leave it to the scum bags and the advertisers will walk away.

Interesting to see the reaction of players from ethnic backgrounds. The club would need to reassure them that any views that "Cami" has is not reflected by the board or the club as a whole. Will these players want to play in the same team as him and will it be more difficult to recruit players from ethnic minorities knowing that they have a player with racist sympathies in their ranks?

11 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I would leave but it's the best place for football stat shite i like tbh. Things like threads just didn't take off or I'd move over in a heartbeat, and might do that anyway tbh.

Edited by RandomGuy.