Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Putting my old PR hat on, the way to deal with this is basically just to say nothing publicly about it, drop him entirely from the playing squad (which is justified in any event on form) and do as BH suggests above in terms of community engagement.

Tell you what, though - you can really see from all this how the misinformation works from people like Yaxley-Lennon, Darren Grimes etc. Saints have said absolutely nothing about this situation one way or another, yet these guys are spinning it to make it look like the player is a victim and the club has somehow done something disgraceful. They don't even need to say anything outright. They just say enough to trigger their idiotic followers into leaping to the next conclusion and getting angry about it.

I mean, we can see this happening in front of our own eyes, and yet there will still be people among the Saints support, FB Banter page etc who see this and continue to view these sorts of guys as heroic truth-tellers who are just saying the things everyone else secretly thinks and is scared to say. Just shows the power people like that have to influence the easily-influenced.

Edited by blueheaven

2 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

If you can’t trust a convicted fraudster using a fake name then this country has surely gone to the dogs!

But but but but but... The children? 

Seems to be the claim off his followers though. 

While he laughs at them and rakes in the coin from them all lapping it up 

One thing is for sure, whatever the club do in terms of a response there is no way he can pull on a St Johnstone shirt again. The large majority of fans just wont stand for it. 

surely the player realises that and its in his own interests to go. 

39 minutes ago, chips said:

It's no going away quietly is it  

Screenshot_20240808_111054_Chrome.jpg

Small aside, but McCarthy was a raging Nazi syphasiser too and many of the infomation he used on folk was misinformation provided by the US equivalents of the EDL, Grimes and Robinson from the US in 40's and 50's. Grimes etc can beat it.

To the clubs credit that it hasn't actually engaged with any of this so far, but if/when we either freeze him out or bin him, the club needs to move on from this as quickly as possible. If the right want to see Saints as some sort of woke leftist club, bring it on, that would please me no end. 

Anyone care to share their favourite Cammy MacPherson memories? 

I can't remember many, to be honest, apart from his goal in the play-off final against Inverness. I recall celebrating quite wildly when the ball hit the back of the net, and then I saw Cammy MacPherson celebrating and I instantly stopped celebrating. Bit of a mood-killer.

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Anyone care to share their favourite Cammy MacPherson memories? 

I can't remember many, to be honest, apart from his goal in the play-off final against Inverness. I recall celebrating quite wildly when the ball hit the back of the net, and then I saw Cammy MacPherson celebrating and I instantly stopped celebrating. Bit of a mood-killer.

That should've been an OG in the end anyway.

10 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Small aside, but McCarthy was a raging Nazi syphasiser too and many of the infomation he used on folk was misinformation provided by the US equivalents of the EDL, Grimes and Robinson from the US in 40's and 50's. Grimes etc can beat it.

To the clubs credit that it hasn't actually engaged with any of this so far, but if/when we either freeze him out or bin him, the club needs to move on from this as quickly as possible. If the right want to see Saints as some sort of woke leftist club, bring it on, that would please me no end. 

If Grimes had been around then he'd have backed McCarthyism 100%

Those 3 hours when we thought he wasn’t returning at kelty and had been recalled by St Mirren was fun. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

McCarthyite sounds like a decent holding midfielder tbh

Yeah, some of the bots are better than others.

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

McCarthyite sounds like a decent holding midfielder tbh

For Saturday I'd go with

Rae

Kjeltens, Sanders, Cameron, Raymond

Wright, McCathyite, M Smith, Carey

Benji, Adama

Get McCartyite to feed balls down the right wing for players to chase. 

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

For Saturday I'd go with

Rae

Kjeltens, Sanders, Cameron, Raymond

Wright, McCathyite, M Smith, Carey

Benji, Adama

Get McCartyite to feed balls down the right wing for players to chase. 

Can't trust McCarthyite. He loves getting reds.