Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's a lawyer so you'd imagine he'll be fine.

Rugster beat me too it - American lawyers can tend to be a bit heavy handed and dare I say ignorant when it comes to UK laws.

Like I said hopefully he’s being advised correctly and gets it all squared away. 

3 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Rugster beat me too it - American lawyers can tend to be a bit heavy handed and dare I say ignorant when it comes to UK laws.

Like I said hopefully he’s being advised correctly and gets it all squared away. 

Would a fine be the worst thing to happen?

He genuinely seems the type who'd just pay it and take the moral victory tbh.

Surely Webb won't be the one giving Saints and Stan legal advice on this issue. 

He's not going to be licensed to give out legal advise in the UK for starters. Nor have the knowledge on the UK employment law that would mean his advice would be of any use.

If something like this went to court and you were found to be taking legal advice from someone not legally allowed to practice law in the country, wouldn't you end up in a bit of trouble? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Surely Webb won't be the one giving Saints and Stan legal advice on this issue. 

He's not going to be licensed to give out legal advise in the UK for starters. Nor have the knowledge on the UK employment law that would mean his advice would be of any use.

If something like this went to court and you were found to be taking legal advice from someone not legally allowed to practice law in the country, wouldn't you end up in a bit of trouble? 🤷‍♂️

He won't be doing it himself. He has plenty of folk to give UK/Scots legal employment advice, he's just bought a multi million pound business in this country and has already been dealing with lawyers in the UK for years. Bedsides as the guy says he's just got home.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would a fine be the worst thing to happen?

He genuinely seems the type who'd just pay it and take the moral victory tbh.

No - but in this context it would be misappropriated and championed as a victory for the arseholes.

25 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

No - but in this context it would be misappropriated and championed as a victory for the arseholes.

They'll take a victory from it regardless, even if that's losing and using that as fuel for the "they're trying to silence us" fire.

Wonder if he'll come out, apologise and try to move on for it or whether he'll get sucked in and end becoming some sort of 'free speech' warrior, like a Scottish Joey Barton.

Or just disappear into obscurity. It's all quite sad as, although he didn't do well at St Johnstone, he should've been able to have a decent enough career at Championship level anyway. And he's f**ked it for apparently believing bullshit conspiracy theories by a known racist and liar.

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Wonder if he'll come out, apologise and try to move on for it or whether he'll get sucked in and end becoming some sort of 'free speech' warrior, like a Scottish Joey Barton.

Or just disappear into obscurity. It's all quite sad as, although he didn't do well at St Johnstone, he should've been able to have a decent enough career at Championship level anyway. And he's f**ked it for apparently believing bullshit conspiracy theories by a known racist and liar.

Hell be on James English podcast in a month, moaning about how Perth isn’t big enough for Cami.

Total change of subject, but genuinely disappointed that saints seem to have been dropped from the courier podcast output. Or have I missed summit?

talking football feed seems to have been given over to one street two teams.

1 minute ago, gingermunkie said:

Total change of subject, but genuinely disappointed that saints seem to have been dropped from the courier podcast output. Or have I missed summit?

They are splitting them I believe. Which is a shame in my view. 

5 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

I was wondering about that too as I’d noticed the same. 

Edited by hamicle