Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

I've read somewhere that it's £110k if he goes south of the border but around £50k if he remains in Scotland.

I'm not sure we were due anything if he stayed in Scotland, but I don't know if that meant before he turned 16 or not.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not sure we were due anything if he stayed in Scotland, but I don't know if that meant before he turned 16 or not.

https://onefootball.com/en/news/scottish-youngster-turns-down-celtic-rangers-for-arsenal-39883692

Actually a bit more for north of the border.

Their source could be shite, though.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Shame to see a young player leaving so early but at least he went down south.

Yeah it is. I can see why it appeals though. Especially if he's the kind of person that moving away down to London excites him.

He's been down to visit their facilities as well then returned to Perth to Saints again 😬 night and day in terms of setup.  That's before you look at the £ he'll potentially get. 

On the plus side he rejected the Old Firm 🤷‍♂️😂

Fair play to the boy for avoiding Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee, and the financial rewards at Arsenal would be hard to resist but, from a career growth perspective, I do wonder at the logic of going to the big English clubs.

The lad would've been better at Pittodrie where The Dons have a reputation of honing and improving the skills of young players and getting them oven-ready for the continents biggest leagues and competitions. 

6 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Fair play to the boy for avoiding Tweedle-Dum and Tweedle-Dee, and the financial rewards at Arsenal would be hard to resist but, from a career growth perspective, I do wonder at the logic of going to the big English clubs.

The lad would've been better at Pittodrie where The Dons have a reputation of honing and improving the skills of young players and getting them oven-ready for the continents biggest leagues and competitions. 

To be fair, we just develop them for Rangers 😂

12 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

https://onefootball.com/en/news/scottish-youngster-turns-down-celtic-rangers-for-arsenal-39883692

Actually a bit more for north of the border.

Their source could be shite, though.

Seems very precise, and I think Jordan Campbell is pretty spot on with Arsenal stuff, so the figures likely right?

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I do wonder at the logic of going to the big English clubs.

The level of coaching and facilities is absolutely light years above anything he'll get in Scotland, even at Celtic or Rangers. 

Their training ground for the u18s/u23s is about 150 acres large, with 10 pitches of a better standard than any up here, and a massive complex for training indoors. The backroom staff is over 100 people. You're then playing beside some of the best young players in the UK.

You get lost if you stick there too long, and I think by 18-19 if you're nowhere near it then you need to leave for regular football. But 3 years there should develop his game massively.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems very precise, and I think Jordan Campbell is pretty spot on with Arsenal stuff, so the figures likely right?

The level of coaching and facilities is absolutely light years above anything he'll get in Scotland, even at Celtic or Rangers. 

Their training ground for the u18s/u23s is about 150 acres large, with 10 pitches of a better standard than any up here, and a massive complex for training indoors. The backroom staff is over 100 people. You're then playing beside some of the best young players in the UK.

You get lost if you stick there too long, and I think by 18-19 if you're nowhere near it then you need to leave for regular football. But 3 years there should develop his game massively.

Aye, didn't actually notice it had come from the Athletic so likely spot on.

Is he not done physically?

Sure I read someone say his legs are gone, and I'm not sure he had a lot else beyond physicality.

Wouldn't back myself to have read the remembered that right at all though.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Surely not - he's 29 (admittedly he has had a few injuries) 

Having read the Wednesday forum it looks like I'm talking bollocks, unsurprisingly. 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah it's just a 1 year deal so it'll just be to tick him over until he moves.

Seen talk it'll ~£100k we receive for him, so aye it might be worth waiving that if we get a sell on % instead.

Surely it’s better to get a guaranteed amount rather than a possibility? He might not move on, might get injured, or might flop completely, as many do 

24 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Surely it’s better to get a guaranteed amount rather than a possibility? He might not move on, might get injured, or might flop completely, as many do 

Is £100k going to do a huge amount?

Its a gamble either way, but I think the upsides to a sell on is a better gamble than £100k and no sell on. I don't know how it all works though.

3 hours ago, DavidReid01 said:

Paterson at right wing back.

Kjeltens in defensive midfield.

MacPherson in the f**king bin.

Make it happen Mr Levein!

He's not played right back for about 7 years.

Hes a big lump up target man.