Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Your U18s don't even play in the Elite Level league, I'd be surprised if they were one of the best in the country.

Because the club don't qualify for the "elite level" because we cant horse money at qualified coaches, not because the players aren't good enough.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Which of our squad will be the first to mention "top 6" in an interview?

I say it'll be Drey Wright.

Carey had the chance to but didn't quite last week.

Cammy MacPherson before tomorrow match, IMO.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cammy MacPherson before tomorrow match, IMO.

I think he'd be a guarantee usually but suspect he might be off the interview circuit for a wee bit. 

Not that Eric Nick would even touch on the whole Twitter account stuff. 

31 minutes ago, DavidReid01 said:

Ryan Jack.

Kilmarnock, Motherwell, and St Mirren, fans all seem convinced they have offers in for him but he's trying to get a move outside of Scotland. 

Would be a hell of a coup if they manage it, but feels like more than wishful thinking.

6 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Looking forward to us signing top level free agents of the quality of Jacob Butterbean and Jamal Hectorshoose. Pretty much what I paid my season ticket money for 

Bit childish but this got a proper laugh from me.

2 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Looking forward to us signing top level free agents of the quality of Jacob Butterbean and Jamal Hectorshoose. Pretty much what I paid my season ticket money for 

My one lasting memory of Jacob Butterfield (?) was him standing stretching behind the goal at Celtic park, enthusiastically turning and waving like an excited competition winner to his friends in the Saints end many times over during a 0-7 defeat.  He just looked so happy to be there.

It annoyed me way more than it should have done. 

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Jason Holt signing is likely according to the BBC.

It's been an obvious signing for a while.

Just now, DunkeldRoad01 said:

Holt makes a lot of sense. Just wonder why it’s taken this long to happen - was he lower down our list or were we lower down his. 

Maybe both?

49 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

My one lasting memory of Jacob Butterfield (?) was him standing stretching behind the goal at Celtic park, enthusiastically turning and waving like an excited competition winner to his friends in the Saints end many times over during a 0-7 defeat.  He just looked so happy to be there.

It annoyed me way more than it should have done. 

The first week he was here Davidson was in the papers describing him as an energetic box to box midfielder. A few days later Butterfield was in the paper talking about how he couldn't get around the park as he used to. 

Butterfield, Gilmour and Crawford was the midfield three against Kelty six months after we won the double.

Anyways, massive yes to Holt.