Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Re sacking Levein, is anyone going to do any better with this squad? I'd be inclined to keep him tbh, he at least knows what he wants to do with these players. Who's really going to want to manage us right now when we're lumbered with the likes of McPake, Sanders etc, and many of them  for 2 years. 

What is it that he wants to do with these players though?

absolutely no idea. He's bound to know that, imagine coming in as a manager and looking at what we've got available to you. There's so many issues that I'm not sure you'd know where to start 

I could write an essay on where I am at the moment but it wouldn't actually offer anything to the conversation I worry. I've started a couple of posts but they just end up going off on tangents.

In April I had no appetite for Levein and Kirk and so very many of the points made on forums and social media make perfect sense to me but - and I think the problem is - the argument just hasn't totally won me over.

I'm not going to go into battle for him but for some reason, I'm just not there in saying I want him gone. I feel there is something there with this team.

Maybe it's these last 2 or 3 signings. I don't know. But there is something.

Levein rightly taking heat on here but man these players. I've never seen such a spineless group of players in my life. Zero leaders and zero fight in any of them. 

All just go through the motions and shit the bed time and time again. 

Whole club has been rotten to the core for years now.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Re sacking Levein, is anyone going to do any better with this squad? 

I think there's signs a manager who organises his side well could be getting more out this lot, tbh. Even a proper motivator manager could probably eek more out aswell. Levein probably deserves time to see gel the squad and get everyone fit, but at the same time it feels unlikely he's suddenly able to resolve issues he's shown for almost a year now.

If you can't resolve issues during games, or proactively change them in your favour, then you're never succeeding. 

Does Derek McInnes (I know Kilmarnock are struggling just now) get this side relegated?

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I'm not going to go into battle for him but for some reason, I'm just not there in saying I want him gone. I feel there is something there with this team.

Maybe it's these last 2 or 3 signings. I don't know. But there is something.

Scoring first.

This team starts doing that then everything changes IMO. We saw it in 19/20 where Clark/Duffy were costing us a lead every week and the rest of the team was going into games with the weight of knowing they had to score twice, while coming from behind, to win a game. 

Start scoring first and suddenly belief sky rockets.

Kimpioka clearly didn't learn much from Sidibeh's sending off against United? Just lets his frustration take over. 

It's like he was trying to get himself sent off. The leaving the knee on the goalkeeper deliberately prior to the sending off was just completely unnecessary as well. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Apologies for going off topic from your game yesterday. I'm curious now the dust has settled on Cammy Macpherson's pretty awful social media activity, how is the feeling among the supporters? Have most people moved on? Or is it still an issue?

If I've missed some posts on this, feel free to point me in that direction. Or even just ignore me.

6 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Apologies for going off topic from your game yesterday. I'm curious now the dust has settled on Cammy Macpherson's pretty awful social media activity, how is the feeling among the supporters? Have most people moved on? Or is it still an issue?

If I've missed some posts on this, feel free to point me in that direction. Or even just ignore me.

He's a terrible footballer and confirmed himself to be a cretin. The sooner he's no longer on our books the better for us. 

Edit: there's been a smattering of boos when his name has been announced and ironic cheers when he's brought off. I think there's plenty who won't forgive or forget it to be honest 

Edited by Kyle

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

With every issue like this there's been the extremes of reactions. 

The bigots who want him to be knighted for it because they love Tommy Robinson. 

The other side of is has been those who've taken that retweet and decided he's a mad BNP Nazi and he clearly hates all the black players in the team etc etc etc so they want him set on fire. Some refusing to attend Saints games ever again etc. 

I think most supporters are now letting it go/giving up on the subject for their own sake no matter how frustrated they are by it because the issue is closed as far as the club is concerned. Being continually angry about it won't make a difference. 

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

there's been a smattering of boos when his name has been announced and ironic cheers when he's brought off. I think there's plenty who won't forgive or forget it to be honest 

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think most supporters are now letting it go/giving up on the subject for their own sake no matter how frustrated they are by it because the issue is closed as far as the club is concerned. Being continually angry about it won't make a difference. 

This is kind of what I expected. Difficult for supporters to really force the issue I suppose.

I wouldn't be happy with him being at St Mirren, but I also wouldn't be boycotting games.

17 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Him being subbed off against Motherwell got one of the biggest cheers of the day from home fans, but he'd spent 60 minutes being shite and fluffing multiple corners so hard to know how much it played into things.

Our weird fixture list means that's still the only home game we've played since it all happened.

The club have clearly just tried to sweep it under the carpet and hoped everyone would move on though, which is working because all frustration is now headed Leveins way.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Cammy is a c**t, and I will continue making sure he knows that anytime he attempts to take a touch. 

*Cami

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

This is kind of what I expected. Difficult for supporters to really force the issue I suppose.

I wouldn't be happy with him being at St Mirren, but I also wouldn't be boycotting games.

Think most fans are still deeply uncomfortable with him, but given club aren't getting rid, many will feel little point in booing and others will stillboo. That said, the second he makes a mistake or gives the ball away, pretty much everyone is ready to give him pelters. 

19 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Tommy wouldn't come back. That is a certainty lads, forget that one.

I'm not someone who generally claims to be in the know about things (in fact the opposite is more commonly the case) but this is one subject I do have a bit of knowledge on and I can assure you that the above comment is incorrect.

Edited by blueheaven

19 hours ago, Kyle said:

Is Stevie May really worse than this seasons' version of Nicky Clark? Think we may have loaned out the wrong veteran 

Been saying for a long time May would make an excellent attacking mid - he’s really suited to the role clark is playing just now.

I do feel a bit for clark, its not hos fault he’s being asked to play a role that doesnt suit his game. Get him in the box and he’ll still score goals. Its not rocket science.