Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Lee Bullen's name just isn't going away. 

It was never there. Only in your head. So if you could kindly disappear back into your cave and go back to clawing the head off it staring at his picture we can try have something more akin to an adult conversation in your absence. 
Warm Regards

So, do we believe the story coming out of the local rag claiming we binned Brown, or the stuff being announced by, what appears to be, every other media/football outlet, that Scott Brown wanted to stay at Ayr, and lead them to the promised land, replacing us?

Who else will be rejected/reject this great opportunity?

Ian Murray, not on the list, allegedly, and hated by many, could end up the chosen one.

Pantomime or Mickey Mouse?

I'd say that Saints would have been good for Scott Brown, but not convinced he'd have been good for Saints. I actually quite like that he was a snarling arsehole as a player as I'd want that on my team and he has made a decent start to being a manager. However, if he has had a bit of a toys out of the pram moment about being interviewed for a second time, then in reeks of 'don't you know who I am'. What he was as a player is irrelevant. As it stands, he is a manger who was sacked by Fleetwood, but is doing a good job with Ayr.

Arguably, Webb would know little about Scott Brown other than what Brown tells him and what he saw in front of him and the club are rightly judging candidates and what they see in front of them and not what they did as a player, which I like.

Of the two named candidates, I'd be happy with either, but would prefer Lynch as has more experience. Obviously the 'mystery European' could be interesting. Difference between the could be paper finn. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

Think we need to settle down a bit. There's nothing to suggest this is anything like a "clown show" or "pantomime". That doesn't mean it won't turn into one but we're not there yet. 

If anything this just confirms why a lot of folk had concerns about Scott Brown in the first place. 

17 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

If anything this just confirms why a lot of folk had concerns about Scott Brown in the first place. 

Aye. Furthers my belief we need to stay away from anyone inside Scotland too, but unfortunately we'll now get them dragged through the mud for not being Brown if they have a poor spell/result.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

So, do we believe the story coming out of the local rag claiming we binned Brown, or the stuff being announced by, what appears to be, every other media/football outlet, that Scott Brown wanted to stay at Ayr, and lead them to the promised land, replacing us?

Who else will be rejected/reject this great opportunity?

Ian Murray, not on the list, allegedly, and hated by many, could end up the chosen one.

Pantomime or Mickey Mouse?

I’m actually quite happy that we appear to be doing due diligence and interviewing candidates rather than just appointing the next in line or the owner’s mate. 

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Lynch just signed a new contract with Larne today so guess you are down to two?

I respect the northern Irish managers blagging new deals of being approached for interviews. 

48 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Where you seeing that?... 

The guys a well known troll on here, so just ignore him.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The guys a well known troll on here, so just ignore him.

Ah one of those people who gets a kick out of telling lies on the Internet for attention. Many of us also know them as f**king saddo losers 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe