Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

First time in such a long time I really enjoyed watching us today, County being a bit shit and the timing of the red cards made it easy but just there was a plan and the players worked together to execute it, plus it made sense, really nice to see

Also nice to see a bit of fight in the midfield plus quality on the ball, just quick easy balls, have to hope MacPherson gets no where near this team ever again now

43 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Hopefully the trialist is a left back as I can’t see Raymond not breaking at some point if the intensity shown in the first half is the plan every week. 

Barry Douglas was sat next to Simo at the game today so it must be him. He’s an experienced player at a decent level, although he’s 35 now. 

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would be harsh on Raymond if he's suddenly papped out the team, but if the ideas to rotate them then that would make a lot of sense.

Is he injured? I've only seem him twice but against Aberdeen he seemed rapid and loved to get forward, today he seemed either sluggish or very cautious about moving forward. May also have been told to be less adventurous with Drey bombing forward as often as he did

2 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Is he injured? I've only seem him twice but against Aberdeen he seemed rapid and loved to get forward, today he seemed either sluggish or very cautious about moving forward. May also have been told to be less adventurous with Drey bombing forward as often as he did

Felt like everything was designed to play down the right, so he was kind of isolated a bit out there and seemed encouraged to "reset" play a lot by giving it back to Neilson.

There's still a confidence issue too with a lot of players, the winless run and Levein sacking probably knocked some of them who'd come here full of hope.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would be harsh on Raymond if he's suddenly papped out the team, but if the ideas to rotate them then that would make a lot of sense.

We need backup for him, as if he goes off injured our best option is Keltjens at LB or Bright who's probably not ready. 

Douglas is 35, so having an experienced option to rotate Raymond with, and have Raymond learn off of in training is a good thing.

12 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Is Korsah in the country also? 

As the guy i heard saying he's on trail absolutely wasn't Douglas. The fact I ask about Korsah probably gives away why I'm sure it wasn't Douglas 🤣

No idea but I'm all for this signing just because he played for the Ebusua Dwarfs.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

With regard to your new manager's work permit, is Murdo MacLeod on the panel, and does he hold a grudge against you for any reason?

Murdo's a tory, so probably would explain that he didn't like economic migrants. Worked out well for Saints though.