Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

We're hoping to entice George Williams to the club with the offer of regular first team football after the current players failed to impress. His contract's up in the summer. 

Doesn't mean he'll uproot his family, move country and join us though.

8 hours ago, 7-2 said:

We're hoping to entice George Williams to the club with the offer of regular first team football after the current players failed to impress. His contract's up in the summer. 

Doesn't mean he'll uproot his family, move country and join us though.

If you were him would you come up here to play in front of 2 men and their dug?

It's all fine telling fans we're trying for targets but when every target you say turns you down it has a very negative effect.  Wish they would just shut the f**k up tbh.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone

I personally can’t see Williams coming. The article in the papers on Friday where the final line is ‘I’ve learned some things which will be valuable for me’ suggest he’s using this as an experience to get back down south. It’s difficult for the club in respect of transfers. Hear nothing we complain about lack of communication. Hear about a transfer we’re actively chasing and when it inevitably turns sour we complain about being too open. FWIW I’d take back both Swanson and MOH.

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

If you were him would you come up here to play in front of 2 men and their dug?

It's all fine telling fans we're trying for targets but when every target you say turns you down it has a very negative effect.  Wish they would just shut the f**k up tbh.

Exactly my point. One tweet with a rather vague 'hoping to entice' Mannus and folk are arranging a farewell whip round for the guy. 

Unless Hurst is ready to step up then I really hope he stays. I'll leave the sums to those that know them but having two quality keepers is a great position for a club like ours and long may it last. With a dodgy back line it's almost essential!

6 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Anyone heard of Muzz being in talks with Hearts? Heard it yesterday from a good source,but he’s failed 3 medicals already,so a 4th wouldn’t be a surprise 

Wouldn't begrudge him a decent move too. Seems like I'm wishing them all away, I'm not, but they're coming out of contract and have been great servants to Saints. If Saints are slow to offer, or offer reduced contracts I'm all for them taking their chances elsewhere. Loyalty works both ways.

22 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Anyone heard of Muzz being in talks with Hearts? Heard it yesterday from a good source,but he’s failed 3 medicals already,so a 4th wouldn’t be a surprise 

Wouldn't surprise me. He's left us before let's not forget. I'd be surprised if a top league club would give a player 3 medicals though.

Absolutely no chance he fails three medicals and still gets another go. They'd either just ignore the medical and sign him or give up. 

3 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

That would be a huge loss. Much more significant than losing Mannus as we’ve 1(maybe 2) able replacements. I don’t see another player we currently have in CM that is as good when fit and in form.

If Muzz goes we don't have a central midfield. Millar is gone aswell, so we'd be left with Craig and Wotherspoon as starters. Bottom six standard that. 

Might end up being a blessing though, we've desperately needed CMs for years and never see any genuine attempt at signing a starter in there, the dreadful Paton experiment aside. 

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I meant he’s failed meds at Ipswich, Aberdeen and Hibs before, not all at one club!

That makes more sense :lol:

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

Back page of the Courier seems to suggest that Williams is keen to sign for us permanently. That’s unexpected good news 

Let's  just wait and see, everything coming out of the club turns to shite just now. I'd reserve judgement on paper talk at the minute.

18 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Club not proactive = fans critical. Club proactive = fans critical.
Standard SJFC fans.

I'd like to hear of signings, not I'm going to be speaking to this or that guy. It's shite PR if all that comes out turns negative, schoolboy stuff and very very amateurish.