Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

What would have been the point in approaching his agent after he had signed for them..And do you not remember him saying that a close friend had died around Christmas time and that was had made up his mind to sign for Hibs ??

My point is that a few months before Christmas he'd intimated he'd extend his deal with us too the manager, yet nothing was done until it was too late. 

I'd like him to stop greeting about not getting the signings he wants after he takes a month of the year off, tbh. Steve Browns get portrayed by plenty on here as some villain who single handedly prevents him signing top targets, but they're as liable as each other. 
Robert Thomsons confirmed Swanson told TW he wanted to extend his contract months before Hibs made an approach, yet we still didn't approach his agent until after he'd signed for Hibs. 
Who says he had a month off? Just because Kyle did (and has since been big enough to admit he made an arse of it) doesn't mean it's true. Also can you tell me when Tommy started greeting about missing out on targets ya fud?
If there's no news there's no news - step away from the internet for a wee while. Away ootside and play.

I predict we'll sign the following players:

Matt Willock (6 months loan)

Steven Lawless

Greg Tansey

Denny Johnstone (or a similar type target man to provide cover for DaveMac, Kane and Hendry)

A lower level  defender as cover, similar to Tanser, Clancy

Possibly an experienced back up goalkeeper 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

My point is that a few months before Christmas he'd intimated he'd extend his deal with us too the manager, yet nothing was done until it was too late. 

I don't remember how it went, but towards the end of that article Swanson is quoted as saying Saints had made an offer which was way more than he expected. It is the Record obviously, but it's a direct quote.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I predict we'll sign the following players:

Matt Willock (6 months loan)

Steven Lawless

Greg Tansey

Denny Johnstone (or a similar type target man to provide cover for DaveMac, Kane and Hendry)

A lower level  defender as cover, similar to Tanser, Clancy

Possibly an experienced back up goalkeeper 

I predict we'll sign none of those players.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did you actually read this ?? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-time-ill-pull-hibs-10451002

4 hours ago, ali_91 said:

The PR department at Saints is severely lacking, there should be some output from our social media, even if it’s to say the management are taking a well earned rest but are working on things behind the scenes and will look to complete some deals in the next few weeks. It doesn’t have to take long, just the occasional quick update, even if it’s just a weekly tweet about where we are at. 

Spot on as usual. This is the root of everything; the staggering inactivity lends itself to the notion that nobody at the club is doing anything.

The lack of engagement is poor on two fronts, one is what we're seeing here and the other is it doesn't help when you are trying to sell season tickets, or shirts when they come.

Hopefully the new Ross will sort it.

1 hour ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Yes. Here's a few direct quotes from Swanson.. 

“We’d had a lot of chats about me staying but it never really materialised.

I did have other options but I was wanting to stay. Once Hibs came in for me I changed my mind right away.

As I say. It's been reported by Robert Thomson that Swanson and TW had held talks, months before Hibs interest, about him extending his deal, but no contract was ever offered. Hibs made a move, we made a move, he moved to Hibs. 

If we'd been proactive and offered him a deal in September/October, he'd have extended his contract without any fuss. 

It's something that's happened under TW at least two or three times, maybe more that are unreported. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:
This proves that Randy was talking shite about the contract offer 
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/every-time-ill-pull-hibs-10451002

Keep this to yourself, but BawbagGuy talks shite about a lot of things.

FableGuy never tells lies, honestly.

Well until you look into what he’s saying and it’s bullshit. 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

FableGuy never tells lies, honestly.

Well until you look into what he’s saying and it’s bullshit. 

Calling you a fanny isnt a lie though, is it. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Dinnae bite, it brings out your nasty side. 

*insert witty joke about "yer maw" saying the same thing last night*