Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Either was McCann. He was the 2nd Scottish Catholic to join Rangers. I think you're leaping to the defence of O'Halloran when he simply wasn't good enough for a shite Rangers side and acted like a complete moron throughout his time there. 

The cards weren't stacked against him as the likes of McCann has proven. 

f**k off Ludo you welt.

17 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Well... you've fairly misunderstood that.

My point was the fans who bleat about top 6 seriously think and suggest thats a reason why players would choose to sign for us. It simply isn't though. 

My second point is the boo brigade will be blamig Brown but the reality is the players just aren't interested regardless. 

Well, looks like I did.

Top 6 obviously wouldn't be the sole reason but it could swing it if the finances are close.

Brown is the one that controls the finances so it's obvious why he'd get blame. There's a fine dividing line between prudent financial management and being a tight b*****d. Despite what's happened the feeling he's the latter will normally prevail. 

Really, who gives a f**k about McCann other than the ***s and their Dundee cousins. What a strange interjection in a conversation that had absolutely f**k all to do with him.

It's all subjective, but since their demise Rangers fans have been a lot more insular, MOH signing was never a success. 
Your points about MOH are fair. The point about *** fans being more insular since their demise is way wide of the mark. These fuckers have been a bigoted bunch of wankers for ever.

49 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Dundee fan sticking up for Rangers shocker. 

46 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

f**k off Ludo you welt.

32 minutes ago, Widge said:

Ludo has turned into what RandomGuy is to Dundee fans. Just let that sink in. emoji23.png

15 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Really, who gives a f**k about McCann other than the ***s and their Dundee cousins. What a strange interjection in a conversation that had absolutely f**k all to do with him.

Oft. Fuming.

Just seen Robert Thomson tweeting the Unofficial Twitter saying there's no plans to talk to TW anytime soon, and that there's no signings imminent. 

A truly thrilling month awaits us all, I suspect. 

54 minutes ago, Kyle said:

On the plus side, we have a pre-season training camp in Austria it seems. Not that the club have bothered to tell anyone, mind. 

At least we know which route Broon will go down this Summer after TW slates him for a shite transfer window. 

7 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Nope, not for me Paulo. Very limited player, play to his strengths in Scotland and he's useful, at international level I'd be wanting a lot more.

To be fair the way things have panned out for him since he left I don't have a strong case. But he was our best player in the fourth best team in the country. He's produced against Rangers and Celtic and in various big games. He was a game changer with frightening pace. For an impact sub from the bench, I think we've seen a lot worse for the national team.

He needed to be in the right environment with the right manager which didn't happen at rangers.  Anyway, pointless argument now as I think that ship has sailed for him, especially if he goes down under.

On a more positive note, a front two of Kane and Macmillan with Scougall playing just in behind them is quite an exciting prospect. Would Tansey be a reasonable option for us as the holding ball-playing centre midfielder?

Just seen Robert Thomson tweeting the Unofficial Twitter saying there's no plans to talk to TW anytime soon, and that there's no signings imminent. 
A truly thrilling month awaits us all, I suspect. 
Not what I heard today.

But the player I was told about was truly worrying . Time will tell I guess.

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Not what I heard today.

But the player I was told about was truly worrying . Time will tell I guess.

Honestly wouldn't shock me if we sign some absolute fucking dross from the Championship. You can just tell this Summer will be a complete clusterfuck and we'll end up continuing this descent down the league table. 

Looking at the clubs about us and you see Motherwell signing strikers, Dundee making six figure bids for promising youngsters and Hamilton making impressive defensive signings. 

We've signed a right winger from League Two and still have glaring deficiencies in the squad that the manager doesn't even acknowledge. 

Honestly wouldn't shock me if we sign some absolute fucking dross from the Championship. You can just tell this Summer will be a complete clusterfuck and we'll end up continuing this descent down the league table. 
Looking at the clubs about us and you see Motherwell signing strikers, Dundee making six figure bids for promising youngsters and Hamilton making impressive defensive signings. 
We've signed a right winger from League Two and still have glaring deficiencies in the squad that the manager doesn't even acknowledge. 
Was way bit lower quality than the championship he played last season. I am hoping it's a poor wind up .... But I'm not sure

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was way bit lower quality than the championship he played last season. I am hoping it's a poor wind up .... But I'm not sure

If it's Goodwillie I riot.