Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. Here's a few direct quotes from Swanson.. 

As I say. It's been reported by Robert Thomson that Swanson and TW had held talks, months before Hibs interest, about him extending his deal, but no contract was ever offered. Hibs made a move, we made a move, he moved to Hibs. 

If we'd been proactive and offered him a deal in September/October, he'd have extended his contract without any fuss. 

It's something that's happened under TW at least two or three times, maybe more that are unreported. 

To be fair to St Johnstone, they offered me a really good deal. Money-wise it was above and beyond what I expected.

38 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

To be fair to St Johnstone, they offered me a really good deal. Money-wise it was above and beyond what I expected.

Yes, that's after he's talked about wanting to re-sign but not having any talks, and then saying as soon as Hibs came in he wanted to go. 

The offer should've been given to him earlier. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, that's after he's talked about wanting to re-sign but not having any talks, and then saying as soon as Hibs came in he wanted to go. 

The offer should've been given to him earlier. 

So he was offered a really good deal "above and beyond what he had expected"...and you are saying that he did not have any talks....Was this done through telepathy then :lol: 

Callum walks into Tommy's office and sees him sitting on the floor in the Lotus position hands to the side with his eyes closed breathing steadily and letting out an occasional Ommm....Tonmmy heard him coming in and says.Jeas Callum did you have to interrupt me when I'm talking to Danny Swanson 

5 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

So he was offered a really good deal "above and beyond what he had expected"...and you are saying that he did not have any talks....Was this done through telepathy then :lol: 

What are you not getting here? He was offered the deal when hibs offered him one, only going to be one winner in that instance I'm afraid. If he'd been offered that same deal before Hibs were interested he'd have stayed at Saints. 

The only doubts I have about it all are who stalled on how/when that deal was presented. Did Danny say "come back to me in November/December time and we'll talk" or did Stevie Broon take his time about the whole affair and by that time Hibs had come in.

Of course there is the other, more likely option, of wee Danny whoring himself out to the Hibbees behind everyones back but I'd rather not spoil my memories of him by thinking that.

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Of course there is the other, more likely option, of wee Danny whoring himself out to the Hibbees behind everyones back but I'd rather not spoil my memories of him by thinking that.

I would expect most agents would be doing this all the time. You've got a deal as a fall back option, and use it as leverage for a better deal elsewhere.

He does say in the article quoted before that even when Danny had agreed to sign for Hearts, he phoned Alan Stubbs to ask him to take him (Danny) to Hibs, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it was a similar story.

6 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Are you honestly that desperate to disagree with me? He was only offered a deal after Hibs had approached him, and he'd set his heart on leaving. 

For the fourth time, If we'd offered it before Hibs had approached him, he'd have stayed. 

St. Johnstone

August

4 Kilmarnock (a)
11 Hibernian (h)
25 Dundee (h)

September

1 Hamilton (a)
15 Aberdeen (h)
22 Rangers (a)
29 Heart of Midlothian (a)

October

6 Celtic (h)
20 Motherwell (a)
27 St. Mirren (h)
31 Livingston (a)

November

3 Hibernian (a)
10 Hamilton (h)
24 Kilmarnock (h)

December

1 Celtic (a)
5 Heart of Midlothian (h)
8 Aberdeen (a)
15 Motherwell (h)
22 Rangers (h)
26 St. Mirren (a)
29 Dundee (a)

January

23 Livingston (h)
26 Heart of Midlothian (a)

February

2 Celtic (h)
6 Hamilton (a)
16 Rangers (a)
23 Aberdeen (h)
27 Hibernian (h)

March

9 Livingston (a)
16 St. Mirren (h)
30 Motherwell (a)

April

3 Dundee (h)
6 Kilmarnock (a)

What are you not getting here? He was offered the deal when hibs offered him one, only going to be one winner in that instance I'm afraid. If he'd been offered that same deal before Hibs were interested he'd have stayed at Saints. 

The only doubts I have about it all are who stalled on how/when that deal was presented. Did Danny say "come back to me in November/December time and we'll talk" or did Stevie Broon take his time about the whole affair and by that time Hibs had come in.

The middle paragraph is the closest to what actually happened if you substitute "November/December " with "nearer the end of the season " . Random is wrong with the assertion that Danny would have stayed at Saints if they had offered a deal before Hibs spoke to him. They did, he didn't.

As I say. It's been reported by Robert Thomson that Swanson and TW had held talks, months before Hibs interest, about him extending his deal, but no contract was ever offered. Hibs made a move, we made a move, he moved to Hibs. 
If we'd been proactive and offered him a deal in September/October, he'd have extended his contract without any fuss. 
It's something that's happened under TW at least two or three times, maybe more that are unreported. 
When were the other times?

We have two runs of five consecutive games against Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Motherwell and Rangers. 

Also been told Aberdeen are loaning us May, by someone who knows Steve Brown.. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

We have two runs of five consecutive games against Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Motherwell and Rangers. 
Also been told Aberdeen are loaning us May, by someone who knows Steve Brown.. 
When were the occasions when we didn't offer contracts and players left for other clubs?

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you honestly that desperate to disagree with me? He was only offered a deal after Hibs had approached him, and he'd set his heart on leaving. 

For the fourth time, If we'd offered it before Hibs had approached him, he'd have stayed. 

You just don't get it do you..Well there is no point in discussing it any further 

Those fixtures are shite.

The two holiday games between Xmas/ new year away from home, how is that fair? I hope wee Broon kicks up a bit of a fuss about that.

And yet again they f**k it up by only having 2 games at the most popular time of the season for folk to go to matches. Should be a new year game then a break so three fixtures. And a Boxing Day derby with st Mirren, haud me back.

Not a big deal, but we were away to hearts twice last season and hibs once, surely it should be the opposite way round this season. 

Kilmarnock first day of the season  is a disappointment.

25 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Those fixtures are shite.

The two holiday games between Xmas/ new year away from home, how is that fair? I hope wee Broon kicks up a bit of a fuss about that.

And yet again they f**k it up by only having 2 games at the most popular time of the season for folk to go to matches. Should be a new year game then a break so three fixtures. And a Boxing Day derby with st Mirren, haud me back.

Not a big deal, but we were away to hearts twice last season and hibs once, surely it should be the opposite way round this season. 

Kilmarnock first day of the season  is a disappointment.

De ja vu

13 hours ago, andrewh said:

Randoom had the place in turmoil earlier.

Just call me the pied piper, if I play a certain tune, everyone comes out the woodwork..