Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

😂 cry those salty tears.

Why would there be tears? he might still end up with us! I don't think many Dundee fans would be that excited to be honest. We don't need another striker who doesn't score goals. The only satisfaction it would give me is watching the meltdown in here 😂

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair play to Brown tbh, all I've ever wanted from him is an honest answer as too often we're left in the dark.

Not sure how we've exceeded the budget but I'm utterly clueless about what wages folk are on so it's pure presumption on my part.

Exceeding budget depends on when the budget was set. I expect the club has 1/3/5/10 and possibly longer term budgets. I note he doesn't use the term 'this year's budget'. 

Also it's fairly meaningless without understanding how the club has performed against the revenue and other budgets. All those celtic games, higher finishing positions and 80's pop concerts were probably additional to the budget. Finance costs are lower than most business have been budgeting too. Who knows what's happened to the overheads (cost of car park re-surfacing put back another year ...). I think that this is just public negotiating talk, nothing more. 

But I agree, it is good to hear something at last. The more there's silence, the more it will be filled with speculation, even if the only concrete thing we can take from that is that Brown is continuing to back bringing in another striker (not plural), and that it could well be May. Or not.

No talk of people leaving, and nothing about a defender, although today's news story wasn't about a defender. 

Still confident we'll be fine tonight. Sunday will be the interesting game. 

Agree with the main man Valentino above. I'm sure there will be costs that weren't included int he budgets but equally I'm sure the club weren't expecting to get free dug outs and payments from UEFA for hosting U19s European Championship matches.

Must say - it's quite a bold statement to make if you're not confident about getting the player. He's specifically name dropped May and has said he's 'in touch' with May's representatives. He can't do that without the permission of the parent club so I'd imagine we have some kind of agreement in place with Aberdeen. Could be we've gone back to Aberdeen and just said we'll match whatever Dundee's offer is.

You can all thank me for getting Broon to clarify the situation later on, btw. Even the mighty fuhrer himself couldn't ignore my incessant mewling.

Good to see something coming out to address the issue today.

We shouldn't have to be engaging in this kind of reactive PR though. Especially on the injury situation - the chairman shouldn't be the one addressing the current injury status of the squad in a season preview article!

Hopefully things aren't all they seem with the Dundee link and we get it over the line, ideally before the weekend.

Kerr and Clark must be on some contracts if we've exceeded our budget for 2020.

I sometimes wonder if Brown pleads poverty all the time so he gets better deals on players contracts/fees. The minute you start flashing cash like  billy big baws people start charging you more.  Look at the Premiership down south. You can't buy a 1 legged OAP down there for anything short of 7 figures.

Here’s one to appease RandomGuy.

What if our budget is like FM and that in order to pay the 100/150k fee for May, we’ve needed to sacrifice that from our wage budget as there’s no chance Brown allocates any transfer fees in his spending.

That’s potentially 3 players.

I think wee Steve is at it. I expect there's quite an exciting signing to come soon and he's probably quite enjoying the meltdown from Saints fans on various forms of social media before we make the announcements.

We've gone from trying to sign Gallacher from Livingston to offloading Watt, Easton, Alston and Shaughnessy, with Scougall just before that to signing 2 fringe players and having no money left..??

Not believing it for a minute!

The only other possibility would be that we'd budgeted on selling Kerr or Clark this summer, and not doing so has left a shortfall.

But i don't think that will be the case, Hemmings and May anytime soon ...

😎

Think it was the opposite of an ejaculaion to be fair. 

Only in that the ejaculation would be a pleasant experience. So much overreaction with very little facts. People claiming what they read in papers was factual. Saints said nothing so people just made things up.

If St Johnstone don't get Stevie May and he goes to the likes of County, or even worse, drops down a division to us, Brown is gonna look mightily stupid after saying he'll go the 'extra mile' to bring him in.

For that reason, I can't see you not signing May now. What an absolute state the likes of RandomGuy and Tam allowed themselves to get into (if that's him from the other forum) when you lads have always been the likely destination regardless what the media says.

31 minutes ago, Widge said:

Here’s one to appease RandomGuy.

What if our budget is like FM and that in order to pay the 100/150k fee for May, we’ve needed to sacrifice that from our wage budget as there’s no chance Brown allocates any transfer fees in his spending.

That’s potentially 3 players.

Dont be daft, using FM an example of real life is silly talk.

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

RandomGuy would never dream of doing such things. 

giphy (16).gif

Edited by RandomGuy.