Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

He has been saying this for a number of weeks, has he not? This certainly isn't a new development.

It's gone from GK, LB, CB, ST, to a left back and striker, to now being "a couple of players" plus a striker.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's gone from GK, LB, CB, ST, to a left back and striker, to now being "a couple of players" plus a striker.

To be fair we've got the GK and CB, a couple of players and a striker is only one more than a LB and a striker.  The way I would read that is he's still on plan A but maybe wants one more after seeing the team in 4 competitive games. I'm guess he wants to put McClean or McCann back out on loan and bring in a midfielder, possibly by offloading Callachan. 

I have never been convinced that the two young midfielders are ready for the first team and reckon that we need a playmaking CM along with a left back and two strikers..Ando can go as can McMillen get McCann and Hendry out on loan to championship clubs.I would ideally keep Callahan as cover for Muzz but would not be averse to either him or Swanson going if it allowed players to come in 

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

Didn't bother going on Saturday but what's everyone's thoughts on McClean in general?

I know Brechin weren't the challenge required to really test him but it seemed based on that game and his other very short lived appearances that his best role is deeper with a midfield partner like Muzz. Also allowed Muzz to make those determined runs forward. 

Then against Montrose he looked uncomfortable in the role he was playing.

For me there's no question McCann needs a loan as isn't really for playing in the Premiership yet. 

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

So TW has now decided he wants more players, and will ship folk out to try and get them in as the budget there just now is entirely for a striker.

Ando and McMillan the obvious permanent ones, surely McCann and Hendry obvious ones for loan.

We’ll give you’s 10 grand for Kennedy, deal?

Or 5 grand and Craig Curran 👍

Edited by Yenitit

6 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Had a quick look at what Fran Sandaza was up to given his never say never comments but he's only six months into a reported 2.5 year deal. Pretty crazy seeing as he's nearly 35.

He's playing alongside Rui Costa and Stoichkov

It's like when David Silva and Mo Sissoko played for Kilmarnock

Latest from the Daily Record;

Stevie May remains an Aberdeen player – but possibly for not much longer. The striker was on the brink of a move to St Johnstone last week only for the deal to collapse at the last minute. He had even completed his medical but terms between the player and his former club could not be agreed.

That's now 5 separate reasons I've seen about why the deal collapsed. 1) Rowan Vine, 2) Stevie May demanded more money after deal had been agreed; 3) Brown changed the terms of the deal after the agreement was reached; 4) clubs couldn't agree terms; 5) May and Aberdeen couldn't agree terms of his release.

5 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's looking like sly Ross County might have plans to be not completely fucking terrible this season, so there's room in the league of four at the bottom if you guys fancy it? 

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Not sure we fancy it much, but it's looking likely with the squad we currently have and the fixture list at the start of the season.

Coincidentally, I just updated my predictor to put st j in the playoff spot. 

No malice intended, it just feels like time's up. If you are going to prove me wrong I'd be grateful if Hamilton took your spot - ta. 

18 hours ago, Templar said:

Next round of League cup 17 August lets have a game against United, St Mirren or another please not a free week.

I see from the fixture list that we are due a midweek trip to Paisley in March, would it be possible to bring this forward? 

St. Mirren v Saints - Wednesday 4th March 2020 - 7:45PM kick-off

I see from the fixture list that we are due a midweek trip to Paisley in March, would it be possible to bring this forward? 
St. Mirren v Saints - Wednesday 4th March 2020 - 7:45PM kick-off

Given St Mirren have no players right now, they’re never going to agree to that.

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Given St Mirren have no players right now, they’re never going to agree to that.

Yep, nae chance whatsoever. Nice idea, but there's every chance we'll still be frantically trying to add to our squad then. The weekend off could be a mercy.

The latest tv fixtures got me thinking as to when we would have been on TV game that i watched? Given I go to all home games I havent sen us on tv for ages.

Maybe Hibs on a monday night before they were relegated?

Ironically we'll be on TV a lot more next season if  the doom & gloom merchants are right.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Latest from the Daily Record;

Stevie May remains an Aberdeen player – but possibly for not much longer. The striker was on the brink of a move to St Johnstone last week only for the deal to collapse at the last minute. He had even completed his medical but terms between the player and his former club could not be agreed.

That's now 5 separate reasons I've seen about why the deal collapsed. 1) Rowan Vine, 2) Stevie May demanded more money after deal had been agreed; 3) Brown changed the terms of the deal after the agreement was reached; 4) clubs couldn't agree terms; 5) May and Aberdeen couldn't agree terms of his release.

I’ve heard number 1 on your list is the issue but there’s a fair chance it’ll still happen 

The latest tv fixtures got me thinking as to when we would have been on TV game that i watched? Given I go to all home games I havent sen us on tv for ages.
Maybe Hibs on a monday night before they were relegated?

Ironically we'll be on TV a lot more next season if  the doom & gloom merchants are right.
I was surprised how many away games last year I found streams for. Up until recently it was just the old firm games but last season nearly all games I was at I picked up.